PDA

View Full Version : >TO THOSE WHO CAN HELP ME< How can i get sponsored by HEAD?

PrestigeXP
02-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I love using HEAD racquets because personally they feel best to me. The racquet I use, Flexpoint Prestige MP XL, is expensive though($200US). If I were to get spnosred atleast I would be a little more prepared because I burst strings very easily and need more than 1 racquet.

tennis-skater
02-11-2007, 05:47 PM
We'll first off you have to be really good. Whats your ranking? I'm guessing if you only have one racket quite low

Young Gun
02-11-2007, 11:18 PM
i am sponsored by head, they send u 6 rackets of your choice, heap of grips, 3 reels string and sweatbands etc... but its not for free unless ur a pro
its like 60% off for me in a package

tennis-skater
02-12-2007, 03:20 AM
i am sponsored by head, they send u 6 rackets of your choice, heap of grips, 3 reels string and sweatbands etc... but its not for free unless ur a pro
its like 60% off for me in a package

What's your ranking?

Techniques
02-12-2007, 03:44 AM
Unless your pro, you won't get a full sponsor. You'll noly get a discount. My friend is sponsered by Wilson, he's the best in his state for his age group (Victoria, Australia). He only gets a 50% off discount or something.

sharpy
02-12-2007, 05:45 AM
you wont get nothing unless ur top 100 in the nation

LASVEGAS ACES
02-12-2007, 01:28 PM
This would be a perfect opportunity to let newer users understand that they should practice "Looking up older threads".

This has to be the one question that has had the most written on it of any.

If you want the one TRUE answer from all the years and hundreds of posts-
If you were supposed to have a sponsorship you would. If you don't have one, practice and play harder.

Many businesses will offer a discount or package if you are good
But no rides, sorry.

tosteen
02-12-2007, 03:15 PM
This would be a perfect opportunity to let newer users understand that they should practice "Looking up older threads".

This has to be the one question that has had the most written on it of any.

If you want the one TRUE answer from all the years and hundreds of posts-
If you were supposed to have a sponsorship you would. If you don't have one, practice and play harder.

Many businesses will offer a discount or package if you are good
But no rides, sorry.

what's your buisness and whats the package?

LASVEGAS ACES
02-13-2007, 07:34 AM
All I said was look at prior posts/history to find all the addresses and deals possibly available IF you meet the conditons of a DISCOUNT

I know HEAD and ADIDAS both offer a package for a price.
All packages have advantages/disadvantages, based on what you might want-
The Adidas package (for example) is pretty good if you QUALIFY-
If you like thier shoes, you sign up at a price as a "prefered member"

You get a SET of stuff- bag/ some shirts and shorts pretty much for the price of the shoes- as a "prefered member" - A good deal all around IF you need the stuff in the offer

BUT one draw back is your "membership" means during that time you had better use the SAME SIZE shoe, because they won't change your membership specs from when you signed up. Also you may want to weigh
IF you need all the stuff in the packages offered- some things you can switch around, but if you are at the level to qualify, you are likely set on what you like to use.

Some companies are easier- a new string company, for instance- some you are just shut down without your PRO scoring the stuff and handing it down to you- WILSON for instance is well known for stiffing everybody.
All you can do is the research- STARTING WITH HISTORY of POSTS - here
then write LETTERS to the right people (not EMAIL) all they can say is "No" right?

WhiteSox05CA
02-13-2007, 10:12 AM
I thought Head had an application on their website.

LASVEGAS ACES
02-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Head and many other manufacturers do have a web site/application on line.
This works just fine for those who have the rating- but these are discount packages (Not sponsorships) and you may end up with stuff from package you don't want/need.

A tip for you guys without the ranking-
You can still get free stuff - even if you are not great, if you quit dreaming of
"sponsorship" and get off your butts and do a little work.

I just know (from experience) you can do MUCH BETTER writing a letter to smaller outfits whose stuff you DO use- like if you wanted to try a sample of a different string they make -or- if you wanted a tee shirt or hat that no one else has, a good ,honest letter (well written) to the marketing director of a company (internet for company directory) will suprize you what you end up with.
When I golfed I ended up with a ton of stuff-hats, balls, Calloway even sent me a bag once, just by writing about product and how many tournaments I was doing and where-current rankings/ HS teams.

I still think that the bottom line is, real sponsorship means some one will walk up to you and talk (or thru your coach/parents) If they haven't done that-it isn't going to happen until you work harder- Just like if you don't have a good serve, you are just lazy. You can't just dream- you have to do a little too.

vamosrafa15
02-13-2007, 02:52 PM
i agree with lasvegas but my someone said that you can only get fully sponsored if your a pro but my friend is top 15 in the nation and is fully sponsored by head and they send him anything he wants anytime.

LASVEGAS ACES
02-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Head may send your freind things as requested- BUT - it is most likely thru the rep in your area and to his coach (and he is top #15 nationally)- frankly

I am not sure about ANYTHING / ANYTIME- I mean, within some reason- otherwise, you would have a bunch of HEAD stuff, just passed over to you from your freind- I mean the whole school would have some.

WhiteSox05CA
02-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Head may send your freind things as requested- BUT - it is most likely thru the rep in your area and to his coach (and he is top #15 nationally)- frankly

I am not sure about ANYTHING / ANYTIME- I mean, within some reason- otherwise, you would have a bunch of HEAD stuff, just passed over to you from your freind- I mean the whole school would have some.

There is probably a limit. I'm contemplating a string sponsorship, they said that it would go void if I sold or gave away their stuff.

Fat_Cup_Of_Tea
02-13-2007, 09:16 PM
This is off topic, but my friend is sponsored by Nike and Puma for track and she had to send in an application through her coach, I'm not sure about the full details, but she sent in an application.

And this sort of has to do with the topic. It's a question...my coach is sponsored by Adidas and Wilson (not a full sponsorship) and his daughter gets a pair of Adidas Barricade IV (Junior shoes) for free every month (they come in the mail). I didn't ask anymore about it, but does any on know how she is getting the free pair of shoes (she's not sponsored)? Just a question...

Dashbarr
02-13-2007, 09:34 PM
yeah, if you were top ten in your age group in norcal, what type of package could be expected, and for how much?

NbladeTopspin
02-14-2007, 04:18 AM
whats ur ranking?

Dunlopkid
02-14-2007, 04:24 AM
I am sponsored by them, but it's only because I work at my tennis club.

LASVEGAS ACES
02-14-2007, 06:20 AM
It works different for coaches (who, in tennis) may also have a storefront- i.e. sells stuff at your courts- These guys get a lot of breaks on everything that sells- Don't forget there is at LEAST a 50 to 60% markup on stuff
(about 80% between true manufatoring costs and you).

Company representatives know there is a small group in their sales area that make or break their jobs, and really good shops and coaches who can influence what gets bought get a whole bunch of breaks.

tennishead93
02-20-2007, 04:23 PM
how long would it take me to move up from 300 in my state to top 100 in the nation

tennis-skater
02-20-2007, 05:00 PM
how long would it take me to move up from 300 in my state to top 100 in the nation

What state? But either way a really long time unless your really good

tennishead93
02-20-2007, 05:07 PM
georgia but im working my butt off playing 6 days a week and 2-4 hrs each day with conditioning and privates

Alex_Chin
02-20-2007, 07:01 PM
prince is pretty easy to get. i am part of their "preferred player program" which is the discounted equipment. it's like 3 rackets, bag, strings, hat, shirts, grips, shock absorbers, stencil for about 350. there's an online app. it's a great company. i'm 27 in new england and about 13 or 12 in Massachusetts.

LASVEGAS ACES
02-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Lets not get into "conditioning" and "privates" in the same sentence- looking at posts, it's agreed that discount packages are available- not sponsorships -
for like 99% of the posters here.

IMO to get up in ranks in the Georgia area has got to be tough- tons of guys play; In Atlanta alone, there are more players than in other sections made up of two-three STATES.

That doesn't mean give up- with all the work you are putting in, you should (reasonably) rise pretty quick.

Get in as many LOCAL tournaments as possible (cheaper than traveling and getting spanked- for now) you may get some lucky draws where you aren't facing the #1 seed.

Pick up some points- work harder- pick up some more points-beat someone you thought you couldn't before- celebrate- get a crumby draw against #1 in your section- get paddled/learn from it- work harder.....

That pretty much wraps up how you get there- you just can't ask and wish.

tennishead93
02-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Lets not get into "conditioning" and "privates" in the same sentence- looking at posts, it's agreed that discount packages are available- not sponsorships -
for like 99% of the posters here.

IMO to get up in ranks in the Georgia area has got to be tough- tons of guys play; In Atlanta alone, there are more players than in other sections made up of two-three STATES.

That doesn't mean give up- with all the work you are putting in, you should (reasonably) rise pretty quick.

Get in as many LOCAL tournaments as possible (cheaper than traveling and getting spanked- for now) you may get some lucky draws where you aren't facing the #1 seed.

Pick up some points- work harder- pick up some more points-beat someone you thought you couldn't before- celebrate- get a crumby draw against #1 in your section- get paddled/learn from it- work harder.....

That pretty much wraps up how you get there- you just can't ask and wish.
since i am doing all of the things that i said in how many months or years do you think it would take me to get a top 10 national ranking

tennishead93
02-21-2007, 01:23 PM
i am a b14 player as well

LASVEGAS ACES
02-26-2007, 07:59 AM
You can try. Everybody in tennis usually pulls and hopes the best for everybody else to suceed- that's one of the things that makes tennis a great sport, a GENTLEMEN's SPORT
- BUT-
First,it takes more money than you got- period.
I know some pretty high rated national players at many age(s)- at the MINIMUM they all are home schooled and live on the court- no other life at all.

You can work your butt off, but there isn't any Venus and Serena bedtime stories to tell you.
I am constantly flamed by people telling me not to step on anyone's ambitions so I will leave it at that.
Just enjoy the process, try your best and try and find peace with where you are at in the rankings, while being the kind of freind and sportsman you would want others to be to you.

tennis_nerd22
02-26-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm guessing if you only have one racket quite low

oh ok so if i have 10 rackets then im set for the ATP?

that has to be the stupidest comment ive ever read on these boards... all 1.5 years ive been here

tennis-skater
02-26-2007, 09:14 AM
oh ok so if i have 10 rackets then im set for the ATP?

that has to be the stupidest comment ive ever read on these boards... all 1.5 years ive been here

No, I'm just saying that if higher ranked players have atleast 2 rackets because what happends if your playing in the finals and you break a string? At that level you just can't risk it.

Pusher
02-26-2007, 05:07 PM
georgia but im working my butt off playing 6 days a week and 2-4 hrs each day with conditioning and privates

A lot of people are working their butts off-that may just keep you even.

Tennis is a frustrating sport and no matter how hard you work there are those working a little harder with more resources.

I was at a Jr tournament this weekend that drew a lot of the top players from around the region and a few national players. You see all the hard working kids chasing a dream but when the kids from the tennis academies show up they realize they're not competing on a level playing field. They march in with their coaches and all the best equipment and they all seem to be sponsored. They are well trained and mentally tough from playing hours everyday with top coaching and competetion. And only a select few of them will be ranked in the top 100 nationally.

Like another poster said, just enjoy the journey and have some fun while you're at it.

tennis_nerd22
02-26-2007, 06:31 PM
No, I'm just saying that if higher ranked players have atleast 2 rackets because what happends if your playing in the finals and you break a string? At that level you just can't risk it.

ya maybe, but just because you're in the finals, doesnt mean you're a string-breaker. and just because you're a string-breaker, doesnt mean you're a good player.

therefore, just because you have one racket, it doesnt mean you suck ;)

TheSnowMan
02-26-2007, 11:15 PM
I doubt many juniors break strings. No junior should be carrying around 10+ rackets, in fact I hardly find any juniors (yes, even higher ranked ones) with more than one racket around here. Yes there will be some prodigy playing in ITF breaking strings right and left, but I doubt any of us are at that level. I will admit that it is easy to break synthetic gut, but with the variety of strings out there today, why not get something more durable. That way you will not have to bring 10+ rackets and still be paranoid of breaking all your strings. You could just bring one. Not all of us can afford a couple thousand dollars on rackets.

Like Tennis_nerd22 said, "just because you just have one racket, doesn't mean you suck"

Duzza
02-27-2007, 01:59 AM
I did an App once and they replied quickly. Saying no :p

Pusher
02-28-2007, 07:23 AM
I doubt many juniors break strings. No junior should be carrying around 10+ rackets, in fact I hardly find any juniors (yes, even higher ranked ones) with more than one racket around here. Yes there will be some prodigy playing in ITF breaking strings right and left, but I doubt any of us are at that level. I will admit that it is easy to break synthetic gut, but with the variety of strings out there today, why not get something more durable. That way you will not have to bring 10+ rackets and still be paranoid of breaking all your strings. You could just bring one. Not all of us can afford a couple thousand dollars on rackets.

Like Tennis_nerd22 said, "just because you just have one racket, doesn't mean you suck"

Many juniors DO break strings. But its more than just breaking strings-its about the playability of the strings. Stringing with high durability polyseter may negate much chance of breakage but after playing 7 or 8 hard sets those strings have lost tension and playability. Serious juniors will have at least 2 racquets and the sponsored kids will have 6- 10 with them at all times. They will be strung at different tensions for different playing conditions, etc.

But you're right, just because you just have one racket, doesn't mean you suck, it just means you're under equipped.

LASVEGAS ACES
02-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Show me a junior with 10 rackets at a tennis tournament;
Pretty sure we call that in Latin- "Horses Assesus Maximus" and that same someone could meet up with a no good-type in the parking lot.

Pusher
02-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Show me a junior with 10 rackets at a tennis tournament;
Pretty sure we call that in Latin- "Horses Assesus Maximus" and that same someone could meet up with a no good-type in the parking lot.

You see those big bags they carry around? Some of them actually are full of racquets.

Dunlopkid
03-01-2007, 05:24 AM
I too am surprised about the juniors in your area only having one racket. Around here all of the good juniors seem to have about three. The really good ones that have preferred deals have six.

Wondertoy
03-01-2007, 10:45 AM
The tennis companies have different deals, some easy, some not so easy. For discounted packages, I think Head is the easiest, top 25 in your section. Babolat is also easy, along with Dunlop, Volkl. Discounted Prince preferred player packages are available to the top 250 in the USTA National ranking, Wilson is top 100. Now for fully sponsored where they give you a heap of stuff for free, Prince is top 25, Wilson is top 10, Nike is top 10. Also if you are a Wilson player and to make it to Supernationals, the Wilson rep will give you a free racquet plus other goodies. If you are top 200 you can purchase a 10 pack of Babolat VS Natural Gut for $250. That's what I know and yes, I am a sponored player.

LASVEGAS ACES
03-01-2007, 10:47 AM
New post- How many rackets?
More then three rackets to (1) tournament, and you pretty much should also be carrying a purse, Betty.

Wondertoy
03-01-2007, 02:03 PM
If you're playing with the O3 Tour, you better have at least 4 racquets if you're playing with poly. I carry 6 racquets in my 12 pack.

Tennis_Beast101
03-01-2007, 02:11 PM
I am 13 and I DO break strings.
I am 13 top 25 in Florida/ 180 In the Nation, I get everything FREE.
I am sponsored by Dunlop. They are with Diadora and Pacific now.
I get 5 racquets and I play with Pacific poly soft. I break atleat 3 a week with the Aerogel 2Hundred. 95hs.

My package is:

12 reels of overgrip
5 reels of string
10 shirts
10 shorts
5 shoes
5 hats
6 wristbands
30 socks
25 vibrasorbs
5 racquets
3 bags/ 10 racquet, travel, backpack
2 hoodies

Also, I train at Bolleteirri. I have all my racquet customized. They are all balanced the same, weighted to 13 oz, and I have different grip molds.

LASVEGAS ACES
03-02-2007, 05:28 AM
Tennis_Beast
I have to admit that you are generous- giving so many people a chance at riotious laughter on so many levels; I guess that is what tennis is all about, the giving.

Tennis_Beast101
03-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Tennis_Beast
I have to admit that you are generous- giving so many people a chance at riotious laughter on so many levels; I guess that is what tennis is all about, the giving.

ur a gay ***** F@g man, u think ur the $#it but u probably r a fat ***** and cant even play tennis. I am top 25 in florida and 180 in the nation in boys 14. look at the USTA rankings, my name is CHECK or better herez the link:
Note both my ranks are down a bit because i was injured, missed copper bowl and a designated

here

http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/rankings/rankinglists.aspx?id=299394

http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/Rankings/PlayerRecords.aspx?id=299394&p=1591

http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/rankings/rankinglists.aspx?id=301273

http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/Rankings/PlayerRecords.aspx?id=301273&p=1869

Tennis_Beast101
03-02-2007, 05:40 AM
The 1st one is the florida rankings
2nd my florida results
3rd national rankings
4th national results

right now i am 29 in florida and 208 in the nation, but i was injured. i am only 13 so by the end i should be top 50 in the nation or top 25 and top 10 in florida or top 5

LASVEGAS ACES
03-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Please get on the clue bus- Try to find someone around you (if there is anyone left) to show you where to start boarding- you coach may be a good start.
By the way, the "special smaller" school bus you have been taking so far in your life is'nt the same thing.

Tennis_Beast101
03-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Please get on the clue bus- Try to find someone around you (if there is anyone left) to show you where to start boarding- you coach may be a good start.
By the way, the "special smaller" school bus you have been taking so far in your life is'nt the same thing.

What are you talking about?

Did you look at my ranking?

I am telling the truth, Elliot Mustill Sarasota Florida Boys 14's

Also, I am sponsored I signed a contract

If you would like I can take pictures of my gear

LASVEGAS ACES
03-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Ok, Ok, I'll explain- maybe a bad first start will finish well.

First, understand that this is a moderated board- as in moderate (look it up). Your recent posts will be raising flags and will most likely be gone soon, and your name is now on a very short list on the TW Board.

2nd- You most likely should not be trying to tear someone a new one and then publicly identify yourself so carefully- you honestly don't know who writes or reads this stuff; like someone could be a very bored convict with library time and a computer set up on thier hands

3rd- Finally, you should just a little more reflective about bragging and being such a blowhard in public- That was the original funny part.
Please understand that there will always be better players, and worse players than yourself. How you conduct yourself, how you are known, how you treat other players and how carry your name is all that is important- not where you are at on some ladder.

LASVEGAS ACES
03-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Oh, by the way- sorry you missed the Copper Bowl.... It was not as windy this year and the sun stayed out for some good rays (especially on the final day).

Tennis_Beast101
03-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Oh, by the way- sorry you missed the Copper Bowl.... It was not as windy this year and the sun stayed out for some good rays (especially on the final day).

thanks

sorry i guess i didnt understand

nyways

did u check my results, what do u think?

LASVEGAS ACES
03-02-2007, 08:04 AM
You really shine in a very tough, competitive bracket.
I see schooling in your future- that is, keep up the grades and you will be kinda suprized at what starts coming in the mail soon..... like, "You belong at UMASS" - or "Come on down to U of Miami for a visit".

chrisplchs
03-02-2007, 09:10 AM
haha...

but he needs to carry a loaded weapon to be considered for admission at da U

Tennis_Beast101
03-02-2007, 10:40 AM
You really shine in a very tough, competitive bracket.
I see schooling in your future- that is, keep up the grades and you will be kinda suprized at what starts coming in the mail soon..... like, "You belong at UMASS" - or "Come on down to U of Miami for a visit".

is that sarcastic:confused:

Tennis_Beast101
03-02-2007, 10:41 AM
haha...

but he needs to carry a loaded weapon to be considered for admission at da U

???:confused:

LASVEGAS ACES
03-02-2007, 11:13 AM
No, no that was not scarcastic- I'm saying at the rate you are going, you look like you will be able to pick and choose your school, when it is time
and SCHOOLS WILL BE COMING TO YOU.

The OTHER comment from other posters- about guns at University of Miami, is supposed to be scarcastic, too bad thanks to Donna Shelayla UofM
president (a crone and croney of Bill Clinton) it is too true.

Wondertoy
03-02-2007, 12:31 PM
I find it hard to believe that you are getting all that stuff for free when you ranking is that low, but if you can swing it, more power to you.

mJeez4293
03-02-2007, 03:05 PM
i agree. 200 isnt very high nationally, dunlop must be really easy

Duzza
03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
I was ranked 1900 in all of Australia's men and I got offered a sponsorship from Vantage ;)

mJeez4293
03-02-2007, 04:12 PM
u mean u applied and they said u qualified?

Eli_Ace
03-03-2007, 04:31 PM

i saw your account on tennisrecruiting.net and your profile picture shows you playing with HEAD i thought you were signed to dunlop?

Tennis_Beast101
03-03-2007, 05:48 PM
i saw your account on tennisrecruiting.net and your profile picture shows you playing with HEAD i thought you were signed to dunlop?

good eye

yes i use to be sponsored by head and get a discount with nike.....those are old pics

havent got any good new ones

Hewitt Aussie
03-03-2007, 05:49 PM

Hey dunlop are giving me 2 dunlops for 200. So at what ranking in ur state did they start to give you free things? And does pacific and diadora come with dunlop.

Tennis_Beast101
03-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Hey dunlop are giving me 2 dunlops for 200. So at what ranking in ur state did they start to give you free things? And does pacific and diadora come with dunlop.

well it deppends its different for everyone

yes pacific and diadora are with dunlop

Eli_Ace
03-04-2007, 03:25 PM
...............................take pictures to proove it

jonajjs
03-04-2007, 04:54 PM

I am a junior in Ontario, Canada and I have 3 rackets...and break a string about once every 2 weeks... so thats not at all true. I also know people who have 4 or 5 rackets

Sakumo
03-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I am a junior in Ontario, Canada and I have 3 rackets...and break a string about once every 2 weeks... so thats not at all true. I also know people who have 4 or 5 rackets

Yep, I have 6 rackets, and I need everyone. I break SPPP 17 in about 4 hours (No not off mishits). If I'm in a really intense match I might break 3 string jobs. And if it's 1st round, then I won't have enough time to string 3 rackets for tomorrow, so I will be left with 4 and if I break 2 tomorrow then i'll be left with 3 and so forth.

Nickswh
03-05-2007, 07:28 PM
good eye

yes i use to be sponsored by head and get a discount with nike.....those are old pics

havent got any good new ones

man dude im sorry but ur really annoying. try being a little modest. first off, i dont know why u would bragging when ur ranking is nothing. you know, im sponsored by head and pacific, but the only reason why i care is because it helps out my parents.. sure its cool getting new rackets, clothes, string, grips, etc in the mail.. but my parents would be paying for all that stuff and everyone knows tennis is an expensive sport. who cares who u are sponsored by? why dont you care about something like who u beat and how well u do in a tournament. hell, even if ur getting better. not the sponsorship so u can boast to everyone on a tennis forum. go practice more with ur dunlops and ur "free" stuff. i dont know about dunlop, but they must be pretty easy to get sponsored by.. good luck though. u will figure it out sooner or later. i didnt mean for this to be more of an ahole response, im just trying to get some sense into you

u should hang out with luke marchese and talk about ur equipment and be ****** bags.

sponsorships get old too, u will find that out in a couple years and realize ur game is more important than the rackets and shi t

i like ur name too, TENNIS BEAST

-later

Nickswh
03-05-2007, 08:16 PM
and how is it at bollettieri's? sounds like ur wasting ur parents money by goin there since ur ranked so low. no offense at all, but i know because i went there over summer. many of the kids that were even decent werent playing even close to the top courts or getting any attention by the coaches. there are tons of coaches there, but u gota be honest and say u dont get the same amount of attention as most of the players. ofcoarse there are many good kids there, but if you arent anything spectacular, its not the right place for u. unless u live close by or are super rich

jonajjs
03-05-2007, 08:24 PM
yah Bolliteris sucks... Saddlebrook is where it;s at!

Firestarter
03-06-2007, 06:27 AM
i try getting sponsorship by yonex

didn't go so well.... lol

gotta practice more i guess

Tennis_Beast101
03-06-2007, 06:40 AM
and how is it at bollettieri's? sounds like ur wasting ur parents money by goin there since ur ranked so low. no offense at all, but i know because i went there over summer. many of the kids that were even decent werent playing even close to the top courts or getting any attention by the coaches. there are tons of coaches there, but u gota be honest and say u dont get the same amount of attention as most of the players. ofcoarse there are many good kids there, but if you arent anything spectacular, its not the right place for u. unless u live close by or are super rich

i dont go to bollettieri

i just get my racquets done by the guy there

as for my rank i just moved to the usa i use to be from canada

and i have been injured so i have just been getting back, when the new ranks come out i will be around 181 and 22 in florida

son_of_RD23
03-06-2007, 09:52 AM
i dont go to bollettieri

i just get my racquets done by the guy there

Also, I train at Bolleteirri. I have all my racquet customized. They are all balanced the same, weighted to 13 oz, and I have different grip molds.

If you always tell the truth you wont have to remember what you say. You must have forgotten about this.

Eli_Ace
03-06-2007, 10:38 AM
man dude im sorry but ur really annoying. try being a little modest. first off, i dont know why u would bragging when ur ranking is nothing. you know, im sponsored by head and pacific, but the only reason why i care is because it helps out my parents.. sure its cool getting new rackets, clothes, string, grips, etc in the mail.. but my parents would be paying for all that stuff and everyone knows tennis is an expensive sport. who cares who u are sponsored by? why dont you care about something like who u beat and how well u do in a tournament. hell, even if ur getting better. not the sponsorship so u can boast to everyone on a tennis forum. go practice more with ur dunlops and ur "free" stuff. i dont know about dunlop, but they must be pretty easy to get sponsored by.. good luck though. u will figure it out sooner or later. i didnt mean for this to be more of an ahole response, im just trying to get some sense into you

u should hang out with luke marchese and talk about ur equipment and be ****** bags.

sponsorships get old too, u will find that out in a couple years and realize ur game is more important than the rackets and shi t

-lateri agree with this guy i am sponsered by wilson, pacific, and adidas but i dont run all over the place telling people....

if you are good you shouldnt have to brag about it tennis beast

i dont play tennis just to get free stuff....little life lesson for you!!

Tennis_Beast101
03-06-2007, 10:40 AM
If you always tell the truth you wont have to remember what you say. You must have forgotten about this.

OK i said it wrong both times

I do/ dont train at bollettieri

i am not full time there but i do hit with my friends that train there

like Ridley Seguso and Trey Stobel

Puredrivetennis
03-06-2007, 08:18 PM

Precisely, Vegas. I have been with babolat and reebok for two years now, and it is ALWAYS done through a rep, no matter what level you play at. And no, there is always a limit-- you can't just stroll into the warehouse and take what you want. You are assessed on a 6 month basis by your rankings, match play, etc, then given a 3 month quota in which you cannot exceed, usually a dollar limit or checklist. This is only for the higher levels, though. Anything else runs through the preferred programme, in which you purchase a prepared package for a discount, and are further entitled to a discount on any future purchases, usually 25, 30 percent.
As far as my reps say, no non-professional junior is going to get a team discount where they pay less than $115 a frame in their first contract year.

Puredrivetennis
03-06-2007, 08:26 PM

Agreed.. I play the junior circuits in Canada and Eastern US, and both my teammates and myself have at least 8 racquets at all times; I carry 10 and two reels myself, having two unstrung. Just because you don't play ATP or something does not mean you aren't a string breaker. Not only that, but strings do lose their tension, especially for juniors, who might play 3 or more matches in a single day at a tournament, maybe without a stringer on site. Not only that, but having more racquets ensures players do not have 'favorites', allowing the player to use a fresh stick with proper tension at all times, rather than having two racquets and only one you like.
Check the article in tennis magazine about this; i'll get back to you with the date of publishing, but I believe it's titled along the lines of "how juniors REALLY can take advice fromthe pros"

jonajjs
03-06-2007, 08:42 PM
yah... so true... that guy didn't know wat he was talkin bout!

That article sounds great... thanks!

-JONAJJS

Puredrivetennis
03-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Don't mention it-- hey, do you play any nationals in Canada? I might've met you , or evenwatched you play! ahaha.

Wondertoy
03-07-2007, 07:11 AM

Haha, hilarious, Dude!

Puredrivetennis
03-07-2007, 08:20 AM
:grin: hahaha.

Nickswh
03-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Haha, hilarious, Dude!

u gota agree though.. ha

jonajjs
03-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Don't mention it-- hey, do you play any nationals in Canada? I might've met you , or evenwatched you play! ahaha.

no.. im just starting my U15 year in OTA.... il be there next year! lol

canada is finally launching their national ranking in 2008!

Puredrivetennis
03-07-2007, 04:23 PM
That's crazy-- I hang around with some of the ota team sometimes, haha.

Tennis_Beast101
03-07-2007, 06:03 PM
no.. im just starting my U15 year in OTA.... il be there next year! lol

canada is finally launching their national ranking in 2008!

Whats ur name I use to live in burlington i played OTA and canadian nationals n everything??

jonajjs
03-07-2007, 07:58 PM
asokdasokd

u>??

jonajjs
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
i meant U16 in my last post sorry

Tennis_Beast101
03-08-2007, 03:29 AM
i meant U16 in my last post sorry

Elliot Mustill

I made the finals in U14 provincials and finnished 5th in U12.
I won the doubles in the U12 provincials and made the finals in the U14.
I live in florida now and play here.

jonajjs
03-11-2007, 09:43 PM
i've heard of u..... that u were really good!

LOL

LASVEGAS ACES
03-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Sorry to interupt- but do you have email and phones in the great white North to hold your gab fest with?
I hate to say it but this board should not resemble a public telephone;
And one other thing, a small safety reminder- you really, really don't want to be printing your name all over the place.

porchdoor
03-15-2007, 08:33 PM
my friend just got a swimming scholarship and a sponsorship from nike. i wasn't able to ask what the sponsorship really entails because i kept bothering her to get me free nike thongs and fannypacks, and she stopped talking to me.

Hewitt Aussie
03-15-2007, 08:43 PM
my friend just got a swimming scholarship and a sponsorship from nike. i wasn't able to ask what the sponsorship really entails because i kept bothering her to get me free nike thongs and fannypacks, and she stopped talking to me.

you better be carefull, in the United States thongs mean g-strings. They call thongs flip flops here.

Duzza
03-16-2007, 03:33 AM
But aussie's call Fanny packs bum bags I think...

Eureka
03-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Eli-ace and Puredrive tennis are spot on. Tennis Beast, if he has a sponsorship contract should not be sharing the information, especially on line. Sponsorship contracts are confidential! Don't tell others what you do or don't get! Work hard, get your rankings up and the sponsorships will take care of themselves. The focus should only be on your game.

Tip: When flying to a tournament wear your tennis shoes...in case your bag gets lost.

mJeez4293
03-19-2007, 02:23 PM
yo i swear, that tennisbeast or eliott or whatever his name his must suck seriouslyyyyy

Hewitt Aussie
03-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey guys how did you get sponsored by Pacific, it would help my parents to save all that money on strings!!

ibringtheHEAT
03-25-2007, 06:17 PM
I got a free t-shirt from nike at a camp..................does that count?

jk.

excelcier
03-25-2007, 06:22 PM
guys, lets not get offensive, this sites not about who's better, it's about improving your own game

Noveson
03-25-2007, 06:56 PM
guys, lets not get offensive, this sites not about who's better, it's about improving your own game

What do you expect? Put a few egotistical 13 year olds together like tennis beast and you are going to have a few problems.

excelcier
03-25-2007, 07:13 PM
they didnt make this thread so some teenagers could argue about who's better

excelcier
03-25-2007, 07:17 PM
i dont think head would give a full sponsorship to the number 5 12 year old player in florida. sorry

mJeez4293
03-26-2007, 10:15 AM
ugh. did they ban him? cuz now i cant bash him for being obnoxious

ibringtheHEAT
03-26-2007, 02:39 PM
haha. I feel you mjeez

mrmo1115
04-27-2007, 07:04 PM
i have the preferred package with head

cereal
04-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Clothing I have Adiplayer you get 50 shirts every 6 months new shoes every 2 months and the rest like hats socks etc. are request

Im looking to see if Prince does racket sponsorship My national is top 100

if anyone has any info
thanks

mJeez4293
04-28-2007, 04:23 PM
i have adiplayer too and i dont think u get 50 shirts every 6 months...

z-money
04-28-2007, 04:26 PM
you need to contact a rep. im in the process myself. i know many people sponsored and i talked to them and they said head people are generally hard to get a hold of so good luck to you. cause im not. and im a certified pro

power_play21
04-28-2007, 04:34 PM
therefore, just because you have one racket, it doesnt mean you suck ;)

but it does mean youre probably not playing that many tournaments and you arent that highly ranked ;)

mrmo1115
04-28-2007, 05:42 PM
exlcier is a real a s s bet half of the top 12-14 yr olds could school you people

stevekim8
04-28-2007, 06:19 PM
i agree with lasvegas but my someone said that you can only get fully sponsored if your a pro but my friend is top 15 in the nation and is fully sponsored by head and they send him anything he wants anytime.

dang
if he gets anything at anytime...
he could be like billionaire just by selling tons and tons of racquets that he could get for free anytime

weeman123
04-28-2007, 07:55 PM
cereal what's ur name

go_nadal
04-29-2007, 05:14 AM
This thread got well off topic...

All-court Hero
04-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Curious as to how Las Vegas Aces is ranked/ what kind of sponsorships he has.

topspin_17
04-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Just go to the Head Team Elite site and fill out the form... I think.

ibringtheHEAT
04-30-2007, 05:58 PM
but it does mean youre probably not playing that many tournaments and you arent that highly ranked ;)

Not true at all, most players I know that are in Super Champs even highly ranked have 3 racquets at the most...........and some don't even have matched racquets.

NebAce1
05-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Not true at all, most players I know that are in Super Champs even highly ranked have 3 racquets at the most...........and some don't even have matched racquets.

Yea, but they still have more than 1.

power_play21
05-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Yea, but they still have more than 1.

exactly!!!!

c_zimma
05-01-2007, 12:43 PM

-later

That was a great post. Kids want to be sponsored for all the wrong reasons. And the truth is, most kids who are worrying about getting free stuff should be working on their mediocre games instead.

ibringtheHEAT
05-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Yes, but not matched racquets....I see people highly ranked with a mixture of Head, Dunlop, Babolat, Wilson etc.

Just because you have a billion of the same racquets doesn't make you good.

Matt_MS
05-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Don't forget Prince...

Matt_MS
05-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Why can't the *majority* of people understand that it's not about sponsorships, preferred programs, or free stuff, it's about the game. People seem too caught up in sponsorships and free stuff, and should be focusing on their game instead, making themselves better. If you have to ask how to get a sponsorship then you really don't need to be in the ballpark looking for one.

ibringtheHEAT
05-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Exactly, I dont bother trying to get preferred player packages although I probably could. I have 4 matched racquets but I payed full price for them. I am only trying to get better.

Matt_MS
05-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah I guess I'm in my own preferred package, NXG's are cheap as hell!

thatguy
05-06-2007, 11:46 PM
since i am doing all of the things that i said in how many months or years do you think it would take me to get a top 10 national ranking

Dumbest question ever

Annie_P
06-02-2007, 12:23 PM
for head u only hav 2 be top 200 junior nationally so it's pretty easy really.

chris1992
06-11-2007, 12:01 PM
honestly, IMO send a couple of applications to some not so well known manufacturers, if your'e tight on money but otherwise unless you match their standards, leave it, when dealing with well known brands. they will come to you if your good enough but i suppose no harm in trying.

AT92292
03-21-2008, 07:14 AM
my friend is full sponsored by head i think hes like top 25 or 50 in nation

Babb
03-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Whoops. Disregard.

Macdaddy1129
03-29-2008, 09:35 PM
when people say section, do they mean mid atlantic or do they mean virginia. which would be the section?

JMS
03-30-2008, 05:01 PM
when people say section, do they mean mid atlantic or do they mean virginia. which would be the section?

Like Mid-Atlantic, Southern, New England etc. When they want to refer to state rankings then they'll say Virginia. However Florida and Texas are also their own sections.

mrmo1115
03-30-2008, 05:57 PM
my friend is full sponsored by head i think hes like top 25 or 50 in nation

if u dont mine revealing his name... can you?

jw

jjrl2004
03-30-2008, 10:30 PM

Haha that's the difference between Federer and a 6.0

03-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Tennis head,
you are lucky you are in GA. If you can make #1 in the state, you could easily be in the top 10 in the Nation. College recruiters and the tennis recruiter sites will recognize this thru other head to head wins you would have to get in order to make #1 in GA, FL, CA, or TX along with some other fine tennis areas. Many top 50 player come to these states to compete in open events. 14 is not too late with lots of desire.

Good Luck!

JMS
03-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Tennis head,
you are lucky you are in GA. If you can make #1 in the state, you could easily be in the top 10 in the Nation. College recruiters and the tennis recruiter sites will recognize this thru other head to head wins you would have to get in order to make #1 in GA, FL, CA, or TX along with some other fine tennis areas. Many top 50 player come to these states to compete in open events. 14 is not too late with lots of desire.

Good Luck!

Not easy, Georgia isn't a weak state tennis-wise, they aren't a powerhouse but it is strong nonetheless.

ayyhwang
04-01-2008, 07:12 PM
here are the exact requirements for HEAD sponsorship :

top 20 USTA nationally. that means you get everything free

for a package, you have to be top 300 nationally or top 25 sectionally

<3Tennis
04-01-2008, 08:28 PM
When you fax in your app to Head for the package, do they email you back saying that your order has been confirmed?

If so how long does it usually take?