PDA

View Full Version : blisters and what not

chrisplchs
02-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Today, while rallying with a friend, I busted a blister that had formed (imagine seeing blood smeared all over your overgrip) yeah.. gruesome.

I'll turn to juniors as they deal with this more than adults..

what do some of yall do to help the healing/to help play through it?

Thanks

Chris

tosteen
02-12-2007, 02:13 PM
athletic tape.

4brotherdrive
02-12-2007, 03:13 PM
yea and get neosporin to prevent infection.

Freedom
02-12-2007, 05:57 PM
After not playing for a while, I formed and ripped open a blister right in the middle of my palm in the same hitting session. I went home, poured hydrogen peroxide in it, and kept rinsing it with hydrogen peroxide every day. A few days later, I went out to hit and torn it right back open. It's been about a week now, and it's finally looking like a callous. I'm going to go out soon and try to hit. Just keep it from getting infected, and don't aggravate it.

Hewitt Aussie
02-12-2007, 06:21 PM
1 week ago i had a blister growing over the top of another blister. It hurt bad, and the bad thing is, i had to play a tourament like that. OUCH!!! Now it is hard and it is brown. LOL. It looks weird.

Voltron
02-12-2007, 06:22 PM
I am a pro at this, I get them all the time. I use this stuff, moleskin it's called, then I wrap that in athletic tape. I have also used it for blisters on my feet while skiing.

thejackal
02-12-2007, 07:27 PM
I've gotten blood over my overgrips too. not pretty. i like using a plain bandaid and then wrapping hockey cloth tape over it so that the bandaid doesnt break.

serveitup911
02-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Blood on overgrips is neat. It gives them character. This time of year, my fingertips and knuckles split open.

To the OP, try some flexible athletic tape.

4brotherdrive
02-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Blood on overgrips is neat. It gives them character. This time of year, my fingertips and knuckles split open.

To the OP, try some flexible athletic tape.

Of course man, then you can show it off to the girls and say you got this from playing tennis and offer them your old, dirty, blood-stained and smelly over-grip cause you think there cute.:-D

Fat_Cup_Of_Tea
02-13-2007, 08:30 PM
^ gross!

Maybe I don't play enough? but I've never gotten a blister on my hand from playing tennis, just on the arch of my foot when I wore Adidas Barricade II shoes for the first time. The worst I've gotten is when I slipped and scraped my elbow and it was because of my lack of balance.

Tour 90
02-14-2007, 06:06 AM
Use leather grips. I used to get blisters when I used tournagrip all the time. On a whim I took the tourna off and played with leather and..voila! You'll get blisters for about 2 weeks, but once they turn to calouses you'll be fine.

ibringtheHEAT
02-14-2007, 02:37 PM
blood gives the intimidation factor.......during changeovers...."accidentally" drop your blood stained racquet, and ask your opponent if they will grab it. even if they don't pick it up they will see the blood. and will mostly likely die from fright.