PDA

View Full Version : Nike Max Breathe Free II

WhiteSox05CA
02-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Has anyone used these shoes? Any feedback would be great.
I'm in the market for a new shoe. I read the TW review and it seemed awesome! (Why is the Red/Black version cheaper?)

I'm also looking at the...
-Adidas Barricade IV's
-Nike Air Oscillate's
-Yonex SHT-305's

Can anyone compare? Thanks.

Borat
02-13-2007, 09:13 AM
They all seem very good. I try too stay away from mesh/ white shoes cuz they get so dirty. Just me though.

WhiteSox05CA
02-13-2007, 09:22 AM
They all seem very good. I try too stay away from mesh/ white shoes cuz they get so dirty. Just me though.

I don't really care about dirt. My top priority is function. I can always clean 'em, and I don't care that much if they look scuffed or dirty.

ktownva
02-13-2007, 09:25 AM
I wore the Breathe Free II's for a few months last summer. They are extremely comfortable and light, but the tread pattern sucks and it wears out quickly. They are also NOT very stable, I twisted my ankle on a routine shot. I'm sticking to the Barricade II's.

nn
02-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I will go with SHT 305 for additional comfort. I have both BF II, III and SHT but can't comment on durability since I am not hard on shoes.

Borat
02-13-2007, 09:31 AM
According to TW reviews, the Barricades have outstanding durability, the SHT have really great weight and traction, The Oscillates have unparralleled traction but are ok in everything else, and the Breathe II are awesome in pretty much everything. I have heard from others that the durability is pretty bad, which the TW reviews wont show you.

WhiteSox05CA
02-13-2007, 09:36 AM
According to TW reviews, the Barricades have outstanding durability, the SHT have really great weight and traction, The Oscillates have unparralleled traction but are ok in everything else, and the Breathe II are awesome in pretty much everything. I have heard from others that the durability is pretty bad, which the TW reviews wont tell you.

TW DOES rate the durability of their shoes. The Breathe II's got a great review for durability as well. Durability with them isn't a problem because of their Nike Warranty also.

Borat
02-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Yah, I know, duh. I mean people have contradicted the TW reviews in that respect, the TW reviews wont "tell" you that durability isnt all that great.

WhiteSox05CA
02-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Yah, I know, duh. I mean people have contradicted the TW reviews in that respect, the TW reviews wont "tell" you that durability isnt all that great.

Right..."'tell'"...

goosala
02-13-2007, 10:48 AM
They have a nice soft and cushioned ride. Durability is not bad either although they are not built tank-like like the Barricades.

courtrage
02-13-2007, 11:43 AM
i had bf2s and b2s and they lasted me about the same amount of time...i think the b2 lasted 2weeks longer than the breathe but otherwise i'd stick with the bf2. the barricade hurts the back of my heels...i think the heel counter sticks out too far or something...i'm in fila puntos now...very nice shoe...heel slip at first but that goes away and some blisters that i think might go away when they soften up more...

Hughy86
02-13-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm wearing a pair as we speak, they are amazing shoes, but as most seem to be saying I would agree the durability of the soles isn't great. I have had these shoes for about 4months and need a new pair already, since I have worn out the inside sole around the big toe area about 3inches back. I will probably try a diff. shoe next only because I do not want to buy $110 shoes every 4 months.

FYI: I play 12-15 hours of teenis a week.

Fumoffu
02-13-2007, 02:38 PM
They're nice shoes, the most comfortable you'll probably ever wear. The durability is so low, they're basically selling you two shoes for the price of one! You can tear through these things depending on how often you play, and wether you only wear them for tennis or in general. I wore them as my normal shoes + played every day and wore them out in about 3 months(half the allotted warranty).

tarheels2323
02-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Amazing shoes. I just bought myself a second pair. I'm definitely gonna keep buying them as long as they're made.

thefan
02-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Can someone post a pic of the breathe free with the neon green swoosh. I've seen it before just cant find it again..

WhiteSox05CA
02-13-2007, 04:43 PM
That's good to hear. Has anyone used NIKE six-month durability warranty on these?

I don't value durability too much, so the average durability isn't that much of a problem for me. I'd prefer playability over durability almost all the time.

XFactorer
02-13-2007, 11:11 PM
I've had one of the original models... the tongue set up doesn't hold my foot in quite as well... I've had the shoe come off during intense battles and I've cinched the laces as tightly as I can... They're good shoes, though... I like the fit of the Breathe 3's better!