PDA

View Full Version : Agassi catching the ball with his racquet

My User Name
02-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Does anyone have a video or link for this?

topsltennis
02-15-2007, 04:41 AM
No, but if you want to come out to my club sometime, I can do it for you.

keithchircop
04-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Does anyone have a video or link for this?

i never met a tennis coach who cannot catch a tennis ball with a racquet

nickb
04-23-2007, 01:59 PM

LOL- The message i have entered is too short...

LarougeNY
04-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I think anybody with an ounce of touch can pull off the catch.

insiderman
04-23-2007, 02:08 PM
even more impressive...was 'AA's' ability to (because of his amazing eye-sight) to not only 'see' the ball well, but to do so where he could tell the actual # on the ball at an average of 3-out-of-5 times. I witnessed it numerous times in practice, and made sure there were no ways he could cheat - even able to do so when practicing vs. Sampras...

THAT...is impressive!

Kirko
04-23-2007, 02:28 PM

Ditto I can do that also; since I was 16 years old. I always did it to impress the girls on the court. its not hard to do.

Kaptain Karl
04-23-2007, 02:38 PM
The most impressive catch I ever saw was at a Smith / Riessen exhibition. Marty had just hit about three *winners* in a row before SMOKING a sharply angled volley for the real winner. Stan, feigning irritation *smacked* a loose ball right at Marty from the baseline. Marty, still in the Service Court, casually raised his racket up perpendicular to the court surface and -- with perfect timing -- "gave" with his frame to catch the ball dead center on his sweetspot. He then promptly switched from just vertically"stopping" the ball to having it horizontally at rest, still in the middle of his strings. I don't believe the ball spun or rolled or rotated even a half-turn during the catch.

Of course, we in the crowd went crazy...!

- KK

Forehand Forever
04-23-2007, 02:47 PM
My mom caught the ball with her leg the other day. She can teach you how to do that.

austro
04-24-2007, 04:41 AM
I always loved seeing that. How do you do it?

kingdaddy41788
04-24-2007, 05:02 AM
The most impressive catch I ever saw was at a Smith / Riessen exhibition. Marty had just hit about three *winners* in a row before SMOKING a sharply angled volley for the real winner. Stan, feigning irritation *smacked* a loose ball right at Marty from the baseline. Marty, still in the Service Court, casually raised his racket up perpendicular to the court surface and -- with perfect timing -- "gave" with his frame to catch the ball dead center on his sweetspot. He then promptly switched from just vertically"stopping" the ball to having it horizontally at rest, still in the middle of his strings. I don't believe the ball spun or rolled or rotated even a half-turn during the catch.

Of course, we in the crowd went crazy...!

- KK

That sounds pretty amazing KK. I wish I'd seen it.