PDA

View Full Version : Natural gut vs synthetics

topspin
03-11-2004, 02:54 AM
Since Feb 19th, I've broken Wilson Sensation 17, Gamma Livewire XP 17, and Gosen Tec gut excellent 16L, getting about 4 hours of life out of each.

So tonight I strung up my natural gut hybrid, BDE Perf in the mains and Gosen JC in the crosses, going with 16 gauge since the 16 gauge mains will give as much if not more spin than the 17 gauge synthetics.

I'll keep track of how long that lasts and, more importantly, how long it plays well.

Match-Point
03-11-2004, 05:28 AM
Morning Topspin,
Have tried similar hybrids with Bow Brand and Gosen OG Micro and they do play great with good tension maintenance/durability. If you want to use a multi you may want to try Klipp Excellerator or LaserFibre Supreme. I have used both on hard hitting 4.5 juniors and they seem to last longer than other soft multis. Definitely longer than 4 hours. M-P

tarheelbornjohn
03-11-2004, 07:48 AM
The Luxilon ALU will give much more life than that. The Wilson sensation lasts me no more than three matches, the Gamma livewire 5-6 matches. I cut out the ALU after 1-2 months once a deep notch has developed to get that fresh feeling again.