PDA

View Full Version : Federer And His Business Manager/Girlfriend

Petra Martinnen
02-15-2007, 05:30 AM
So what is up with the Federer/Mirka thing? I see a gap between normal heterosexual guy/gal relationship and Federer and “Mirka”, "my business manager." They have also shown Federer informally off the court. At no time in the episodes, or in our real world, have we seen a guy/gal interaction between Roger and his “girlfriend”/business manager. No sudden slip up. Nothing, nada. Federer does sometimes state how he and his girlfriend go to Dubai on vacation. And Roger has said: “I am lucky to have such a good girlfriend.” Gee! Maybe it comes out differently in Swiss-German?

I see on TTC all these players with girlfriends and boyfriends showing some emotion. These are 20 somethings. Tiger, Fed's "buddy", has Swedish underwear model, Hewitt has Aussie actress, Baghdatis has French model...

This is why some are suspicious of their relationship. Sure, they may just be very guarded folk who show no emotion in public. Wasn’t Protestant Reformation born in Switzerland? I do not even know for sure if this couple is Protestant, they may be Atheists. Who knows? Indeed, we know next to nothing about real Federer. Contrast this to the heyday of tennis when the megastars were more newsworthy.

caulcano
02-15-2007, 05:52 AM
He's probably happy with the main priority in his life ... tennis.

ATXtennisaddict
02-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks Petra. You have brought invaluable discussion material to these boards.

Now how about jumping off the building for reposting this?

shrakkie
02-15-2007, 07:26 AM
There are quite a few threads like this. Have a quick search for them.

Bjorn99
02-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Federer has set a new standard for playing tennis. I love, LUV, the way he plays.

But I think that relationship is a joke. A business relationship, and one that seems to have caged the poor girl. She doesn't look very happy.

A gay athlete who I talked to, said gay athletes, in one way have a huge advantage over heterosexual athletes. They don't have that annoying testosterone blast that drives the athlete crazy during their formative years. But they have the loneliness, which they focus on, and internalize and if handled properly allows them to fully concentrate, like a monk on their CRAFT.

oldguysrule
02-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Federer has set a new standard for playing tennis. I love, LUV, the way he plays.

But I think that relationship is a joke. A business relationship, and one that seems to have caged the poor girl. She doesn't look very happy.

A gay athlete who I talked to, said gay athletes, in one way have a huge advantage over heterosexual athletes. They don't have that annoying testosterone blast that drives the athlete crazy during their formative years. But they have the loneliness, which they focus on, and internalize and if handled properly allows them to fully concentrate, like a monk on their CRAFT.

I have been holding out hope that you would surprise us and turn out to be what you think you are. With this post, I have officially joined the list of those that will ignore you in the future.

norcal
02-15-2007, 07:48 AM

So you're saying Timmy Hardaway hates Roger? OMG!

HollerOne5
02-15-2007, 09:41 AM

Wow never quite thought of it that way, but that sounds pretty well summed up. People that aren't or weren't a gay athlete would not understand this I bet....So the straights will all ignore

shrakkie
02-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Haha! good one...

Gay= superior athlete...

Not heard that before. Ofcourse all the research you have done must have been very detailed and specific, very credible.

I on behalf of Earth salute you.

Budgerigar
02-15-2007, 09:56 AM
A gay athlete who I talked to, said gay athletes, in one way have a huge advantage over heterosexual athletes. They don't have that annoying testosterone blast that drives the athlete crazy during their formative years.

:shock: that could explain fed's forehand, must be where all the testosterone went.

BigServer1
02-15-2007, 10:46 AM
So you're saying Timmy Hardaway hates Roger? OMG!

LMAO! Hopefully Tim and Roger never meet up in a dark alley...

patrick922
02-15-2007, 10:50 AM
i believe federer is a catholic. and the protestant reformation did start in Germany and not Switerland.... martin luther, a german monk, protested against the catholic church.

catspaw
02-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Quite frankly, if I were some high-profile type person, the last thing I'd do would be to flaunt a private relationship in public - I would run the other way. They're with each other 24/7 - why should anyone think that they need to be lovey in public when they've got the rest of the day to do whatever they want?

As for the gay athlete thing.......please. They still have plenty of 'annoying testosterone' - it's just aimed in a different direction. And are they really still lonely in these days of tolerance and understanding?

grizzly4life
02-15-2007, 11:39 AM
As for the gay athlete thing.......please. They still have plenty of 'annoying testosterone' - it's just aimed in a different direction. And are they really still lonely in these days of tolerance and understanding?

i didn't understand that comment either .... go to the gay area of your city and look at the bar scene and tell me they aren't pretty sexually charged up (nothing wrong with it, just the same as young heterosexual males)... but there aren't any females to simmer things down. i mean, if young men could get sex with a different decent chick each night they'd do it. decent young women can do it right now and they don't generally.

anyhow, the gay scene here in toronto seems to go strong every single night in the summer.

there were some rumours of roger being gay at rogers cup but my sense after the fact was that they were stupid.... i think there'd be "more smoke" out there i.e. more specific suggestion.

Laker
02-15-2007, 12:20 PM
...A gay athlete who I talked to, said gay athletes, in one way have a huge advantage over heterosexual athletes...

Does it mean that, dating a man, I should upgrade my tennis level?:-o

snapple
02-15-2007, 12:35 PM
I see Bjorn's comments are receiving a good deal of ridicule but to me they actually seem to ring true, or at least make partial sense (btw. I'm straight so am not speaking from epxperience). But supposing Fed is in fact gay, then he certainly would not have the outlets of many other gay people to "meet others" presuming he didn't want to reveal himself to the public. This fact also may have stunted his social development which in turn has led him to channel all his physical AND emotional energy towards the tennis court. Since I only play a shrink on this forum, I'd love to hear from any real ones out there as to the merits of this theory.

raiden031
02-15-2007, 12:39 PM
I see Bjorn's comments are receiving a good deal of ridicule but to me they actually seem to ring true, or at least make partial sense (btw. I'm straight so am not speaking from epxperience). But supposing Fed is in fact gay, then he certainly would not have the outlets of many other gay people to "meet others" presuming he didn't want to reveal himself to the public. This fact also may have stunted his social development which in turn has led him to channel all his physical AND emotional energy towards the tennis court. Since I only play a shrink on this forum, I'd love to hear from any real ones out there as to the merits of this theory.

Why does he say that gays don't have a "testosterone blast"?

snapple
02-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Why does he say that gays don't have a "testosterone blast"?

Biologically I do not know if this is the case or not. But I believe the more relevant hypothesis is whether Fed has been essentially compelled to suppress his urges, thus focusing entirely on tennis while the rest of the field engages in testosterone driven activities.

raiden031
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Biologically I do not know if this is the case or not. But I believe the more relevant hypothesis is whether Fed has been essentially compelled to suppress his urges, thus focusing entirely on tennis while the rest of the field engages in testosterone driven activities.

I don't buy this. There are plenty of people like myself that didn't engage in testosterone driven activities, not that I'm gay, but it was because of social anxiety (aka. shyness) growing up. It didn't help me focus more and become better at any activities or sports, but I was dwelling over my anxiety most of the time.

4brotherdrive
02-15-2007, 02:50 PM

I believe he has followed your advice and taken another step in being considered G.O.A.T *claps hands*.

jamauss
02-15-2007, 02:55 PM
I saw Mirka give Fed a kiss at some awards ceremony about a year ago. They have had lots of pictures taken together off-court holding hands, looking like a couple, etc.

I still wonder what would drive somebody to wonder this much about someone else's personal life, though. Can't you just appreciate his skill on the court?

Frodo Baggins
02-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Deja Vu :confused: Wasn't there a Thread about this Already..The thread with the Poster?/Forget the name the Les Who Thinks feds Relationship was fake??:confused: My Advice Find That thread An You'll get your answer?? Or Did the mods Deleted it?? Anyways Do a search.

MoFed
02-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Bjorn comments kind of make it sound like if he were gay he wouldn't have to deal with manly urges and surges in testerone. My thinking is it would be the opposite. If he was gay (which I don't think he is), then I would think it would be even more charged. He would be surrounding by men in the lockerroom and all over the tour.

syntex1
02-15-2007, 06:27 PM
http://federermagic.blogspot.com/2005/02/roger-federer-mirka-pictures.html
they seem pretty normal to me