PDA

View Full Version : Marcelo Rios Comeback ?

downey stringing master
02-15-2007, 07:58 AM
i herd roumers that he was coming back to the atp tour soon is this true ?:confused:

noeledmonds
02-15-2007, 08:12 AM
You herd roumers do you?! I knew a man who used to herd sheep, I don't even know what roumers are. Are they easy to herd?

DariusRaiden
02-15-2007, 08:49 AM
I heard something about him appearing at one of the Chilean clay court tourneys, but it would be a one-off meaning he just plays it for publicity or whatever and then goes back to the senior tour. He would be embarassed if he came back, he's already losing on the senior tour!

Budgerigar
02-15-2007, 08:51 AM
i thought he kicking tail on the senior tour, would be nice to have him back.

fastdunn
02-15-2007, 09:24 AM
I really think he should give it a try just for the fun of playing tennis.

scaino
02-15-2007, 10:27 AM
A Rios comeback would be interesting to see, though my instinct tells me it would be short lived. In my judgment, the praises of Rios's talent were always somewhat hyperbolic. He was a phenomenal athlete, no doubt, but could rarely perform to his "peak" for even the course of a single complete match. Federer and Safin, just as talented, have far more endurance, and even the majority of today's pros, though less naturally gifted, would beat Rios regularly.

Nick Irons
02-15-2007, 11:08 AM
A Rios comeback ? Why do people keep confusing his results on The Champions Tour with an ability to still play on the Atp Tour ?

For all the success he is having currently in beating players like McEnroe and Cash :roll: , he is still losing to players like Ivanišević and Haarhuis who are 36and 40 years of age respectively.

One thing is consistent, he remains one of the more overrated players in tennis memory. i don't deny his talent nor the minor success he enjoyed on the tour but his underwhelming results at the majors has always left me scratching my head on this guy.

I'd pay money to watch him come back to the tour; if only to laugh when he get's his *** kicked.