PDA

View Full Version : Shoes for wide feet? Really wide feet.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
02-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Yea so basically i have wide feet....currently I'm wearing a pair of Nike's (I cant find the specific shoes on the TW site, but i remember it being there couple months ago). Anyways, these shoes were a big narrow for my foot when i first tried them on, but i got these for free (gift) so i decided to wear them anyways. Since these shoes were narrow for me, the inner pad inside the shoe is starting to bend at the left side on my right shoe. After practice, my foot aches and hurts.....so my question is: What shoe company creates the widest shoes, and what company should i avoid with my wide feet? Also, what wide shoes would you suggest that are >100 dollars, that look decent?

serveitup911
02-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Try some New Balance 4E shoes. I like the 1002. They also have a new model, the 1200, that TW will likely soon carry.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
02-15-2007, 08:59 PM
After doing some research both on the forums and off, i realized that New Balance is THE shoe company for wide feet. With this being said, are there any other companies that carry shoes as wide as New balance? On the TW site, other shoe companies besides New Balance arent specific on their width size.

tandayu
02-15-2007, 09:00 PM
WIlson Open is wide and very comfortable

Douggo
02-15-2007, 09:42 PM
I wonder sometimes what New Balance isn't doing right when people ask these questions. I'm not criticizing you at all, T_I_F, just wondering what NB needs to do to ensure everybody knows they're the brand for hard-to-fit feet.
Also, I wonder what we need to do to convince the other companies that there are tennis players with feet that aren't medium width. Most of the major brands are now offering running shoes in widths, but nobody that I'm aware of offers widths in tennis shoes except NB. I know more people run than play tennis, but still - how many people would it take to make offering widths in tennis shoes worthwhile? I'd love to be able to try out shoes from adidas, Nike, etc., but I likely never will.
Sorry for the rant, and the thread hijack. I feel better now.

moxio
02-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Exactly how wide are your feet? Maybe 4.5" I'm guessing?

TENNIS_IS_FUN
02-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Exactly how wide are your feet? Maybe 4.5" I'm guessing?

Also, i do realize that NB is the shoe for hard-to-fit feet....but honestly, their shoes dont look as cool as the other shoes :/

tennismike33
02-17-2007, 08:17 AM
I too have wide feet, take a look at the Nike Response, I love them and they fit very well!!!!

Craig Sheppard
02-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Use the TW Shoe Finder to look for "Shoes with Wide Feet":

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catthumbs.html?CREF=704

I also have wide feet, most tennis shoes will not fit me well. Some ones I've worn recently that worked out well: Yonex SHT-304s (this probably fit me the best), NB CT1002 2E (not recommended, not cushy and pretty clunky), Nike Air Resolve Plus (decent, but hot and somewhat stiff). Some other ones I've tried on that fit reasonably well are some Diadora models, some K-Swiss, and a few Lotto models, but I didn't buy them for some reason or another based on fit. Nikes in general are pretty narrow, and not sure about your heel, but Adidas have a very narrow heel that doesn't fit me at all, so I've never worn any Adidas shoes.

Oh, IMO these were the best shoes ever for wide feet...can't find them anymore though. :-(
http://web.archive.org/web/20030228234826/www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSNIKE-MOT.html

tennisdude083
02-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Yea so basically i have wide feet....currently I'm wearing a pair of Nike's (I cant find the specific shoes on the TW site, but i remember it being there couple months ago). Anyways, these shoes were a big narrow for my foot when i first tried them on, but i got these for free (gift) so i decided to wear them anyways. Since these shoes were narrow for me, the inner pad inside the shoe is starting to bend at the left side on my right shoe. After practice, my foot aches and hurts.....so my question is: What shoe company creates the widest shoes, and what company should i avoid with my wide feet? Also, what wide shoes would you suggest that are >100 dollars, that look decent?

are you actually asking for shoes over 100 dollars or did u mean under 100? anyways, Prince makes pretty wide shoes, under 100 bucks i would reccomend the T9 roadsters... nike is usually more narrow...

OnyxZ28
02-20-2007, 07:49 PM
I'll second the Resolve Plus, they've got a wide toebox. Once broken in though, they're very comfortable. I just received my replacement pair from Nike, so I'm assuming the 6-month warranty is still good.