PDA

View Full Version : Tzipora Obziler is like good wine

Shahar26
02-16-2007, 04:34 AM
Tzipora Obziler (ISR) made some personal history today (at 34 years old) getting into the Top 100 list after making it to the semis of the Bangalore Open.

She was ranked 117 and now for the first time in her career, she's in the top 100 list (I think around 95)

I dunno if its common (for a player at that age to "peak"), but I think she deserves mad props (American Idol influence here....) and I hope she goes on to win it.

jaap deboeck
02-16-2007, 05:22 AM
Amazing Israel with more star WTA players than Merry England! I've read that Linetskaya wanted to emigrate to Israel and play Fed Cup for them too. Hope she can return to her former top 40 status. Also heard that Israel has a very active junior development program. It is this international aspect of tennis that gives it its lustre! Imagine that if Clijsters retires, Israel will be a greater WTA tennis power than Belgium!

federer_nadal
02-16-2007, 05:22 AM
yeah, this is great, but you sort of forgot to put what her age is?

tennisnj
02-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Tzipora Obziler (ISR) made some personal history today (at 34 years old) getting into the Top 100 list after making it to the semis of the Bangalore Open.

I think that's her age.