PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Channel outage?

alienhamster
02-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Was hoping to watch SAP live right now on TTC, and of course there's been an outage for the past hour and a half ONLY ON THIS ONE CHANNEL.

Cable company can't figure out what's up.

Is anyone else having issues with the tennis channel right now (Friday afternoon)?

Fee
02-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Call their office, or call the tournament office and ask if there is a transmission problem with their satellite truck. I think this has happened before in one of their broadcasts.

alienhamster
02-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Call their office, or call the tournament office and ask if there is a transmission problem with their satellite truck. I think this has happened before in one of their broadcasts. Thanks, Fee.

Oh! Looks like Safin/Becker is on now. (But now I know where to call if it happens again.)

CRAP. Just froze, like literally as I'm writing this message . . . Okay, off to make some inquiries . . . (sometimes I wonder if this network is worth the money. ARrgghhhghhrrhhhhh . . .)

Bottle Rocket
02-16-2007, 04:29 PM
I have issues with it all the time.. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it cuts out, and sometimes it goes away all together.

This is an issue with your cable provider. The Tennis Channel is not to blame.

dubsplayer
02-16-2007, 05:42 PM
It must be something with your cable co. because I had no problem watching either of this afternoon's matches.

alienhamster
02-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Comcast was clueless. They tried a few things like zapping my cable boxes with a magic "LASER" (Austin Powers quotes there), but to no avail. I at least got to see most of the second set of Safin. I'd add a comment about the quality of that set but I suppose it would be a spoiler.

So, yeah, my coverage has been totally crappy today.

grizzly4life
02-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh! Looks like Safin/Becker is on now. (But now I know where to call if it happens again.)

this could be an indictment of my social life, but i need the tennis channel... i've had huge withdrawl since they snatched the golf channel from me.

alienhamster
02-16-2007, 09:55 PM
this could be an indictment of my social life, but i need the tennis channel... i've had huge withdrawl since they snatched the golf channel from me.
Social life? pffftt . . .

None of us have a social life, grizzly, conisdering how much time we spend ON A TENNIS INTERNET BOARD. I just decide not to worry about it and enjoy my obsession happily! (I'll fit in some time social time once the Tennis Channel reverts back to yet another Murphy Jensen pile-o-blah . . .)