PDA

View Full Version : golf/tennis financial differences

grizzly4life
02-16-2007, 08:22 PM
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/cf10fa56-ad6c-11db-8709-0000779e2340.html

got this link from wertheim's CNNSI tennis column (very good column BTW)... and some of it is obvious.. but 100th ranked golf player in the world is multi-millionaire with probably multiple houses. #100 tennis player seems to struggle (although daniel nestor does have a $2 million condo in toronto)...

BTW, won't start another thread on this in the odds'n'ends... why isn't there a tenniswarehouse.com type site for the golf industry? so much more money in it. just look at the cost of drivers, green fees and performance balls.

Duzza
02-16-2007, 08:27 PM
BTW, won't start another thread on this in the odds'n'ends... why isn't there a tenniswarehouse.com type site for the golf industry? so much more money in it. just look at the cost of drivers, green fees and performance balls.

Yeah I know what you mean. Whenever I get stuff from TW my mum (good golfer) asks me where the golf version is lol.

grizzly4life
02-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah I know what you mean. Whenever I get stuff from TW my mum (good golfer) asks me where the golf version is lol.

i would seriously think of doing it myself... or TW people should contract themselves out to ********* (or others.... sorry don't know the USA golf retailers).... but i think tenniswarehouse.com is a great resource for the tennis racquet companies, although i notice there doesn't seem to be advertising)...