PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy even though I didn't make it?

[ GTR ]
02-17-2007, 04:40 AM
Today I had qualifying for this tournament. I won 2 matches and lost 4 matches. I guess I wasn't properly prepared, didn't take the warm up serious, didn't try split step most of the time, not enough water.

The first few guys I versed were really good. I lost 0,1,2 against some very good players. It was kind of weird because we played on artificial clay(worst surface) and the balls were like super pressured and bounced high and fast. It was like playing on hardcourt.

Wow, today I'm proud of myself even though I didn't make it in the main draw. The last matches, my 1st and 2nd serves were amazing. Not a single double fault and a lot of free points on my 1st serve. I really used my legs to explode upwards in my serve which I am very happy about. I didn't even get angry tonight, didn't curse, swear, get nervous. I just played the ball. I volleyed like Sampras!

Only things I were unhappy about were:

Movement. I couldn't get into proper position to execute winners and generally went for more than I could produce. The day went for 4 hours, I'm pretty fit so fatigue wasn't a problem.

Consistency: I just hit so many easy, makeable shots out.

My reaction time for serves, even though I did split step I felt slow on the return and framed many balls.

Overall, I'm proud of what I did today, will try to improve as much as I can and see how I go next time. Isn't it weird that I didn't play my best although I did try my best, didn't make it in the main draw and I'm still happy at the end of the day?

looseswing
02-17-2007, 07:16 AM
I am glad for you! I understand what you are saying about still being happy even if you didn't make it into the main draw. I feel the same way when I try hard and play the best I can, even if I lose.

[ GTR ]
02-18-2007, 04:03 AM
I am glad for you! I understand what you are saying about still being happy even if you didn't make it into the main draw. I feel the same way when I try hard and play the best I can, even if I lose.

Thanks for that. Now I'm really motivated to working hard and trying my best because I really want to make it in next time.