PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Tennis Elbow?

thefan
02-17-2007, 09:57 AM
How do the they do it? How do they not have TE when playing hours of tennis every day? The simple eanswer would be that they are professional but really whats makes them immune to TE? Is it their years of practice or some sort of training they do?

ximian
02-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Great technique combined with a good strength workout and strong forearm muscles. It doesn't hurt to have a heavy headlight racket either.

Borat
02-17-2007, 10:20 AM
The stronger your tendons are, the less you will be prone to injury. Pro's have very strong tendons from playing a lot. They also have access to doctors to help with that stuff.

thefan
02-17-2007, 10:28 AM
What are some good workout to strengthen the forearm muscle and tendons?

tennismike33
02-17-2007, 10:40 AM
What are some good workout to strengthen the forearm muscle and tendons?

I have a squishy ball in my car, while driving I squeeze it using only my fingers. This strengthens the small tendons that run up along the elbow. It works both the inner and outer tendons, at least that is what my orthopedic DR partner has told me.

xtremerunnerars
02-17-2007, 10:45 AM
We get tennis elbow because of bad technique. Some of us mortals don't start until our 20s or 30s, and technique is just whatever works.

Pros have been properly taught since they were VERY young (basically as soon as they could hold a racquet). As a result, their mechanics have always been sound.

Supernatural_Serve
02-17-2007, 11:08 AM
and they hit the ball more with their body not with their arms.

Even so, I have to believe that most pros have some amount of tennis elbow, there has to be some inflamation in there from all the tennis over the years.

tennismike33
02-17-2007, 11:10 AM
and they hit the ball more with their body not with their arms.

Even so, I have to believe that most pros have some amount of tennis elbow, there has to be some inflamation in there from all the tennis over the years.

Justine Henne-ardene was taking anti inflamatories for something, I thought it was elbow and shoulder.

thefan
02-17-2007, 03:22 PM
what are some other good workout to stregnth forearm / tendons?

spectraflamed
02-17-2007, 05:14 PM
You cannot make tendons stronger they are what they are. You can build the muscle up around them to help take the strain off the tendons. Also you can strech tendons which can reduce the risk of injury.

MordredSJT
02-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Technique, technique, technique...

I used to get tennis elbow when I was about 14-16. I was playing all the time during the summer, and basically trying to hit the living crap out of every ball. I had good technique, but there were some flaws.

I hit way more balls per week, year round, now than I did then. I haven't had any tennis elbow problems for about a decade now. Learn to use your body the way it was meant to be used.

WhiteSox05CA
02-17-2007, 05:38 PM
I think because they are...
1. Stronger
2. More experienced
3. Proper technique
4. Hit the node constantly
5. Hit the COP constantly

That they don't get many vibes, and they can handle whatever they do get.

framebreaker
02-17-2007, 08:48 PM
You cannot make tendons stronger they are what they are. You can build the muscle up around them to help take the strain off the tendons. Also you can strech tendons which can reduce the risk of injury.

sorry but this is not true. tendons grow and become stronger, just not as fast and much as muscles. the problem is that tendons have only one-tenth of the blood flow that muscles have.