PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddick's new form

ACE of Hearts
02-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Does anyone really feel Roddick under Connors will win a GS?As was proven tonight, his groundstrokes stink.He served a high percentage and still lost in straight sets to Murray who served a less percentage then him.I feel that Roddick cant afford anymore beatings at the hands of Federer.Yes everyone loses to Fed but Roddick has become his u know what.Worse than Hewitt in my opinion.

shrakkie
02-18-2007, 03:21 AM
Hmmmm. I still have hope in Andy. Just not when he is in Federer's half of the draw.

fuzz nation
02-18-2007, 11:21 AM
If by saying Andy winning a GS you mean him winning a major, I'd only say maybe. Two or so years ago I'd have said 'sure', but I think that the big shots have his number all too often. Don't get me wrong, this will be a very interesting year for A-Rod, but unless he shows a new style of thinking beyond his ballistic displays, I don't think he can get to the top of the heap without benefitting from some attrition among his peers. His new capacity for finishing points at the net is a breakthrough, but if he had developed and implemented more of the all court skills earlier on, he would have notched a few more spectacular wins at this point in his career. I'm also hoping he and Jimmy obsess over his movement and defense a little more.

Here comes an interesting year!

MoFed
02-18-2007, 02:42 PM
I find Andy to be a person of extremes. It's good that he comes to the net, but I think he's so determined to get to the net that his ground game has not been as effective. Like his forehand last night was inconsistent. He started going for too much and missing horribly. One of the things that set some of the top players apart from Roddick is the ability to go to another gear if they need to. Andy's gear is to hit harder and overly slice. Someday I hope to see Andy put all his skills together to be a consistent and threatening player.

AJK1
02-18-2007, 03:12 PM
He will not win another slam.

TennisNewby
02-18-2007, 03:25 PM
With his current form, i doubt he will ever win a GS. Seems like once his opponent gets the serve back, he loses the point. He has no juice on the forehand side imo. If you were ARod, would you prefer the loopy forehand or the flatter forehand of 2003? And if you ask him, it's more likely that he'll say the flatter forehand no? So my question is why isn't he going back to the old flatter forehand? What has changed? And when did he change to an upper-cut swing?

take care

WayneCM
02-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Does anyone really feel Roddick under Connors will win a GS?As was proven tonight, his groundstrokes stink.He served a high percentage and still lost in straight sets to Murray who served a less percentage then him.I feel that Roddick cant afford anymore beatings at the hands of Federer.Yes everyone loses to Fed but Roddick has become his u know what.Worse than Hewitt in my opinion.

wow well here's something fresh ace of hearts bashing roddick...:roll: Roddick has improved, he has mental issues versus federer, he gets very tense, if he could simply forget who he was playing things would happen more for him against fed... With regard to Roddick himself he is continuing to improve... And seriously man get a hobby other than bashing a pro player... "his groundstrokes stink" uh huh... They may not be of the federer calibre but they far from stink, rage on keyboard warrior!!!

ACE of Hearts
02-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey Wayne, get a clue as a roddick fan.The guy is terrible when it comes to trading groundstrokes.He needs more serve and volley techniques cause his groundstrokes leave alot to be desired.Like someone mentioned, he has lost alot of steam on the forehand,

WayneCM
02-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey Wayne, get a clue as a roddick fan.The guy is terrible when it comes to trading groundstrokes.He needs more serve and volley techniques cause his groundstrokes leave alot to be desired.Like someone mentioned, he has lost alot of steam on the forehand,

Not that he's lost steam he's forgotten one of his former weapons and has gone for this windy loopy and overly top spinned forehand, and i don't like it, he's added to his game now i'd like 2 c him go back and work his forehand again...

baseliner87
06-14-2007, 07:01 PM
right ok then

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-14-2007, 07:05 PM
He may have nice form for this tournament but Roddick has nothing to bother the new waves of players.

DashaandSafin
06-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Um. When did he lose to Murray recently? I thought he just beat Alex Bodog.. in a close match?

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
06-14-2007, 08:49 PM
its sad, roddick cant even beat blake, and blake cant even make a big impact anywhere, he just gets bageled by fed.

zpeed7
06-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Seems like once his opponent gets the serve back, he loses the point.

I agree. I like the guy, but it seems like everyone plus their mothers have figured out Roddick's serve by now. I think he telegraphs his intentions too much.;)

psamp14
06-14-2007, 09:20 PM
roddick will win wimbledon the year he doesnt face federer in the final...and that can go for the AO and us open as well....he's going to have great chances against whoever he faces, but especially at wimbledon...

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
06-14-2007, 10:09 PM
roddick will win wimbledon the year he doesnt face federer in the final...and that can go for the AO and us open as well....he's going to have great chances against whoever he faces, but especially at wimbledon...

Sure :confused:

Rhino
06-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Um. When did he lose to Murray recently? I thought he just beat Alex Bodog.. in a close match?

Yeah this is an old thread brought back to life, he's talking about San Jose.

zapvor
06-15-2007, 02:36 AM
its sad, roddick cant even beat blake, and blake cant even make a big impact anywhere, he just gets bageled by fed.

LOL...well at least he got to Federer...

tintin
06-15-2007, 04:56 AM

errm you're 5 months too late don't ya think?;)
I seem to recall Roddick getting his balls handed back to him with a 6-4/6-0/6-2 at the Aussie by none other than Federer himse;)

psamp14
06-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Sure :confused:

if there was no nadal in the final, federer would probably have 2 french opens right now...if there was no federer, roddick would likely have 3 wimbledon's by now....2003 when he lost to federer in the semis, 2004, and 2005

similar things with the 2006 us open...

but those are "what if" scenarios....

errm you're 5 months too late don't ya think?;)
I seem to recall Roddick getting his balls handed back to him with a 6-4/6-0/6-2 at the Aussie by none other than Federer himse;)

i believe i mentioned finals, not semis..even so, if no federer, roddick would probably have made the final, and i think he would have beaten gonzales, even with gonzo's phenomenal form at the time

tintin
06-15-2007, 01:12 PM
i believe i mentioned finals, not semis..even so, if no federer, roddick would probably have made the final, and i think he would have beaten gonzales, even with gonzo's phenomenal form at the time
well I'm sure you said that at IW and Miami when Federer lost and Roddick still couldn't make the finals;) ;)
nostradadumbass

edmondsm
06-15-2007, 01:19 PM

I think he is trying to S&V, but it's not a tactic that he grew up with so it will be some time before we see if it works for him. His volleys are ugly as of now but kudos to him for realizing that he needed to adapt and going for it. Probably not an easy thing to do when you're in the top 5.

psamp14
06-15-2007, 07:47 PM
well I'm sure you said that at IW and Miami when Federer lost and Roddick still couldn't make the finals;) ;)
nostradadumbass

keep coming up with new stuff....i did not say that roddick would have won any tournament in which federer wasnt in the final or he didnt face federer in the final

i only spoke of grand slams, and in particular wimbledon 2003, 2004, 2005, and last year's us open

pick a flame war with someone else...