PDA

View Full Version : Caps?

cukoo
02-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Why do people wear caps when they play tennis? I tryed it before and the visor in front seemed so awkward, like it limits your vision. Everytime my oppenent hits a lob, I had to tilt my head all the way back cause the visor was blocking my visions.
Does anyone wear caps while playing tennis?

Duzza
02-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Because we don't want to:

A) Get burnt
B) Get cancer
C) Get hair in eyes
D) See sun when playing (not serving of course)

Ronny
02-18-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm with Duzza. Oh yeah and I wear one to stop myself from sweating so much. I don't like wearing headbands.

OrangeOne
02-18-2007, 02:18 AM
I like the shade, but here in aus, the shade is needed.

As bad as it may be for consistency, I usually wear one backwards for service games, and forwards for returning! The more I think - probably something I should address, it's probably bad from a consitency / pattern perspective.

127 mph
02-18-2007, 11:53 AM
When I was young I found that wearing a hat sucked and I always wore a bandana. But for the past 5 years I have found no issues with wearing a hat. I have longer hair so it keeps that out of my face better than anything else. Bandana's could also leave some nasty tan lines. I also find that when playing a tourney and I have to play all day that my face will absorb to much sun with out a hat. Oh yeah and I'm getting thin up top.

blubber
02-18-2007, 12:32 PM
My reasons for wearing a cap follow in descending order of importance:

-prevent sun burn

-prevent sweat from dripping into my eyes

-prevent sun glare

I don't like bandanas or head bands so I'd even wear a hat indoors to stop sweat flowing down my face.

AsgerHO
02-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Yes and no. If my hair gets too long, I normally use a cap, or sometimes a headband or a bandana - but if my hair is short enough, I prefere not to use anything.
I like kind of a "free sight" :)

Kabob190
02-18-2007, 12:48 PM
keeps the sweat out of my face
keeps the sun out of my face
dont have to come my hair

Tennis Man
02-18-2007, 01:16 PM
I always keep a few in case it rains or if it's too sunny.

pNoyr3D
02-18-2007, 01:36 PM
It really matters, if it's super sunny outside than yes.