PDA

View Full Version : Custom-made Sports Orthotics

HappyLefty
02-18-2007, 02:44 AM
After reading some posts about knee pain and related, I decided for an orthotics. I know they are expensive (<$40) but it worths the money for my health.
My problem is I don`t konw where to get them online. I live outside US.

If you know some online stores for CUSTOM-MADE SPORTS ORTHOTICS let me know.
Ths,

OrangeOne
02-18-2007, 02:52 AM
After reading some posts about knee pain and related, I decided for an orthotics. I know they are expensive (<$40) but it worths the money for my health.
My problem is I don`t konw where to get them online. I live outside US.

If you know some online stores for CUSTOM-MADE SPORTS ORTHOTICS let me know.
Ths,

Happy, maybe I'm confusing you with another poster - but aren't you the guy going to the orthopedic doctor this week? If so - they'll make them for you if you need them.

If I am mistaking you, I've rarely heard of anyone just 'buying' custom orthotics. Most I know, like myself, have them made by a phsyio or similar. And equally, most are diagnosed to need them, it's not really like something you would normally self-diag yourself towards....

If you have knee pain, go see a sports physio, and get them to diagnose it. Maybe you need to stretch or strengthen things, maybe you need orthotics, maybe you need to have minor surgery - who knows, but it's not the sort of thing that's easy to self-diag, in fact very few things are....

Ronny
02-18-2007, 02:58 AM
i went to my local podiatrist and got custom ones but they were pretty dam expensive...

OrangeOne
02-18-2007, 03:00 AM
i went to my local podiatrist and got custom ones but they were pretty dam expensive...

Mine weren't cheap either, but they last for a year or two (or longer, depending on how often you wear them, I wear mine all of the tim), and that works out pretty damned cheap when you do the maths.

J011yroger
02-18-2007, 04:45 AM
If you are going to skimp and save on something, don't let it be your health. I am a mechanic by day, and I buy the best, workboots I can, and when my feet start to hurt playing tennis, or my sole wears through in a tiny spot, the shoes go into the garbage (or back to nike). My health means too much to me, and if that means I don't get to go to the bar to watch the yankee game, or go out for a steak dinner saturday night, or buy some new electronic gee gaw, then so be it. My feet, and my right arm are my #1 priorities. (Please no right arm jokes, unless they are really funny and you just cant resisit in which case I understand).

J