PDA

View Full Version : Where's all the Ohio 3.5 players?

Indy Tennis
02-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Chicago and Indianapolis 3.5 winter tournaments fill up fast.

I'm playing in a 3.5 tournament in Chillicothe, Ohio this weekend and so far only four players are signed up.

C'mon Ohio 3.5s. Get with the program. Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton all less than an hour drive from this tournament.

Phunky_Phorehand
03-01-2007, 01:47 AM
The tourney organizers have not posted the results on usta.com. How did it go? Are you playin in the Midtown tourney in chicago later this month?

VGP
03-01-2007, 03:15 AM
It's in Chillicothe. That's why there's so few players signed up.

Indy Tennis
03-01-2007, 07:58 AM
The tourney organizers have not posted the results on usta.com. How did it go? Are you playin in the Midtown tourney in chicago later this month?

I won, 2 and 2 in the final.

My brother was in the semis and had finally figured out his opponent when he tore a calf muscle.

Yes, I'm signed up for Mid-Town, but they are only taking 16 players and last I checked there were already something like 19 players signed up. Who knows if I'll make the cut. They're doing it by ranking.

Indy Tennis
03-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Are you playing Mid-Town? There are some awesome 3.5 players up in Chicago.

Indy Tennis
03-01-2007, 08:04 AM
It's in Chillicothe. That's why there's so few players signed up.

I would think that would be a good location for 3.5 players from different cities, like Dayton, Columbus and Cinci, to come together and play each other.

It was a small draw. The director told me it was unlucky scheduling. The club's 3.5 travel team was playing out of town that weekend, otherwise there would have been six or seven more players he said. That would have made it 12-14 players, which would have ben decent.

VGP
03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Even still, I hope you do well.

Is it indoors? The weather doesn't seem like it's gonna be all that great this weekend.

Funny thing is that I'll be there on Saturday, but for family reasons.....:)

Indy Tennis
03-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Even still, I hope you do well.

Is it indoors? The weather doesn't seem like it's gonna be all that great this weekend.

Funny thing is that I'll be there on Saturday, but for family reasons.....:)

The tournament was last weekend.

Phunky_Phorehand
03-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Are you playing Mid-Town? There are some awesome 3.5 players up in Chicago.

Yeah, the top 3.5's are good! Thats why I was salivating at playing the Barrington tourney in earl January because none of the usual suspects were there. (the Chans, the Irvings, the Springers etc...) Heck, even I got a seed!:-D But I couldn't pull out the quarterfinal match and that was that. I'm going to sign up and ask if I don't make the 3.5 maybe the director can throw me in the 3.0 draw.

Indy Tennis
03-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah, the top 3.5's are good! Thats why I was salivating at playing the Barrington tourney in earl January because none of the usual suspects were there. (the Chans, the Irvings, the Springers etc...) Heck, even I got a seed!:-D But I couldn't pull out the quarterfinal match and that was that. I'm going to sign up and ask if I don't make the 3.5 maybe the director can throw me in the 3.0 draw.

Yeah,

I beat Irving in a monsterous three setter last year at TAM, but he got bumped up to 4.0 now, so don't have to worry about him.

The hot guy up there now is Thep Sayouthasad. He was a 3.0 last year and is now rocketing up the ranks. He'll be a 4.0 easy next year. Nothing like having 23-year-old legs.

I'm hoping this my last year in 3.5. Then I can look forward to coming up thereand getting absolutely pounding by the Chicagoland 4.0s.

Nuke
03-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Here are the Ohio Players:
http://www.delafont.com/music_acts/Music_Images/o-players1.jpg

Ronaldo
03-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Here are the Ohio Players:
http://www.delafont.com/music_acts/Music_Images/o-players1.jpg

Yeah, Ohio Players are still ridin' the Beast, eh? Can remember playing a 3.5 singles tourney and every opponent was from out of town. Played a guy from Indy in the semis, Chicago in the finals. Next yr both started their own tourneys at that level. That was 10 yrs ago.

KFwinds
03-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Yeah,

I beat Irving in a monsterous three setter last year at TAM, but he got bumped up to 4.0 now, so don't have to worry about him.

The hot guy up there now is Thep Sayouthasad. He was a 3.0 last year and is now rocketing up the ranks. He'll be a 4.0 easy next year. Nothing like having 23-year-old legs.

I'm hoping this my last year in 3.5. Then I can look forward to coming up thereand getting absolutely pounding by the Chicagoland 4.0s.

I smiled when I read this; Thep's actually one of the singles players on my 3.5 winter USTA team. He had a pretty tough match this past weekend, but pulled through for us in a third set tie-breaker. Definitely one of the best 3.5 singles players in the area, and we're glad to have him.

Phunky_Phorehand
03-12-2007, 04:45 AM
;) Here are the Ohio Players:
http://www.delafont.com/music_acts/Music_Images/o-players1.jpg:lol:

It looks like Irving and Thep are playing 4.0 so it'll be cool to watch them while not having to worry about playing them later on. Good luck and I'll see you there!

Yeah,