PDA

View Full Version : Nike Tennis Apparel

thefan
02-20-2007, 02:04 AM
How come Nike don't make their tennis apparel in size small? Adidas and almost every other company make their tennis clothing in small, why can't Nike do it? Its just ridiculous imo.

Mick
02-20-2007, 03:32 AM
adidas' small is more like nike's medium :)

Faber
02-20-2007, 07:32 AM
Only in USA they don't. Europe they do make small for Nike.

They had a few small size for winter 06/fall 06 and they all sold very well.

Kid Carlos
02-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Nike usually does small for fall/holiday line, not for spring summer, for North America, in Europe they always have small.

BreakPoint
02-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Nike probably thinks all Americans are obese so size Small would be too small.

thefan
02-20-2007, 12:29 PM
^If nike thought that, they must be ********. The apparel are geared towards tennis players and the majority of people who play tennis are relatively in shape. This could just me my prespective but I've never seen an obese person on the tennis courts before...

psamp14
02-20-2007, 09:40 PM
adidas' small is more like nike's medium :)

thats pretty true...i got a large adidas cotton shirt for a birthday present and it fit like an XXL on me....

Nike probably thinks all Americans are obese so size Small would be too small.

LOL...got me a good laugh there :)

but that harbor blue polo at the nike factory store had one in small!

^If nike thought that, they must be ********. The apparel are geared towards tennis players and the majority of people who play tennis are relatively in shape. This could just me my prespective but I've never seen an obese person on the tennis courts before...

i'm sure nike does not think that, as kid carlos pointed out they come out with small sizes in europe and in certain seasons'

and you should never see an obese person on a tennis court....us tennis players are (should be) lean and mean and fit as ever! ;)

BreakPoint
02-20-2007, 09:56 PM
i'm sure nike does not think that, as kid carlos pointed out they come out with small sizes in europe and in certain seasons'

But that was my point. Nike comes out with size Small for everything in Europe but not in the U.S. Why? They must think that on average, Americans are bigger/fatter than Europeans, right?

In fact, many of the European brands like Lotto and Sergio Tacchini are sized much smaller for their listed size then their American counterparts. I have Lotto shirts and shirts in size Large that fit more like an U.S. Medium. This would imply that a medium sized American would be considered a large person in Europe. I also have some Sergio Tacchini jackets size XXL that fit more like U.S. Mediums! :-o

thefan
02-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Americans are generally more obese than other coutries such as Europe. Thats a fact, so its reasonably for Nike to not make small...

But where Nike messed up is that they fail to realize that theses tennis apparel are geared towards tennis players and the majority of tennis players do not fall into the typical obese american catagory. I mean, who really wears a XXL?

psamp14
02-20-2007, 10:24 PM
But that was my point. Nike comes out with size Small for everything in Europe but not in the U.S. Why? They must think that on average, Americans are bigger/fatter than Europeans, right?

In fact, many of the European brands like Lotto and Sergio Tacchini are sized much smaller for their listed size then their American counterparts. I have Lotto shirts and shirts in size Large that fit more like an U.S. Medium. This would imply that a medium sized American would be considered a large person in Europe. I also have some Sergio Tacchini jackets size XXL that fit more like U.S. Mediums! :-o

ok i was just trying to be nice like i'm known to be...LOL...nike's smart, they wont sell as many small sizes in america as they would in asia or australia or europe

at least they made their mediums to fit me just right :)

Owen0501
02-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Not only are their small sizes limited to Europe, they don't really make make tennis outfits for really tall men - tracksuits, etc.!

Yep I'm on the ole bandwagon again!!!

BreakPoint
02-22-2007, 01:25 PM
ok i was just trying to be nice like i'm known to be...LOL...nike's smart, they wont sell as many small sizes in america as they would in asia or australia or europe

But, franklly, I think that's a mistake on Nike's part. I think there are still a lot of smaller Americans that play tennis and would buy size Small Nike clothes. I mean, if they were selling to football or basketball players then I can see them not selling size Small, but tennis seems to attract a lot of the smaller guys who are too small for football or basketball. I guess maybe that's why tennis is regarded as a "wimp sport", right? ;)

thefan
02-22-2007, 02:25 PM
^ thats what im trying to say...stupid nike..

ne1410is
02-22-2007, 05:48 PM
i always thought it was brand protection. like they don't want scrawny little guys wearing their gear. they want to associate their brand with super buff huge guys.

psamp14
02-22-2007, 06:53 PM
But, franklly, I think that's a mistake on Nike's part. I think there are still a lot of smaller Americans that play tennis and would buy size Small Nike clothes. I mean, if they were selling to football or basketball players then I can see them not selling size Small, but tennis seems to attract a lot of the smaller guys who are too small for football or basketball. I guess maybe that's why tennis is regarded as a "wimp sport", right? ;)

yeah i guess you're right....wimp sport? try telling that to roger federer :)

BreakPoint
02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
yeah i guess you're right....wimp sport? try telling that to roger federer :)
Well, people have accused him of being a metrosexual, haven't they? ;) LOL

tursafinov
02-22-2007, 10:11 PM
This is the sole reason I have no problem playing in Slim cotton tees for a fraction of the price from American Eagle Outfitters or Abercrombie and Fitch, where they believe that boys should still be slim.

I will cave for a bright white pair of Nike shorts though.
~Tursa

chrisfromalbany
02-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Americans are generally more obese than other coutries such as Europe. Thats a fact, so its reasonably for Nike to not make small...

But where Nike messed up is that they fail to realize that theses tennis apparel are geared towards tennis players and the majority of tennis players do not fall into the typical obese american catagory. I mean, who really wears a XXL?

I'm XXL and I am not fat. There are a number of people that I know that fit in size XL. I think alot of it has to do with the fit you want. I can fit into an XL but tends to be tight on the shoulder and upper back. Another thought is people in Europe aren't as muscular. Not sure if that goes along with being fat or heavy lifting is more common here. I just don't see as many muscular guys when I went to England/Spain/French. I also heard the same them from the girl that lived in Europe. The soccer look was more attractive. So the XXL is for a guy that is 6'3" and works out, in my case.

XXL sizes in Nike discount section are almost always sell out, I am sure they order less but they sell them out. There isn't a shirt in summer/fall 06' line with sleeves in size XXL. Only the bearly discounted winter 06', can you find size XXL in sleeved shirts and all the good colors are gone. (I wasn't going to buy a black shirt in the winter, I am sure not going to buy it now).