PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Lendl....Song! (Danish)

OrangeOne
02-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Ok, I don't know if there's been a song named after a pro before (there probably has), but I would never have imagined a song using Lendl!

Youtube: Ivan Lendl by 'Sticky' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEqxSmJmSu0)

If anyone speaks Danish, I'm sure it'd be very amusing to hear a translation :)

K. Wilson Moose
02-20-2007, 05:00 AM
Wow, that was about as painful as the french foreign legion cap he wore and the sawdust in his pockets.

OrangeOne
02-20-2007, 05:12 AM
Wow, that was about as painful as the french foreign legion cap he wore and the sawdust in his pockets.

I didn't say it was good!

(and hey - I can see how people could find the sawdust frustrating in a Nadal-habit kinda way, but the legion-cap can't have seriously been a pain? Some liked it, some hated it, but gee it made sense here in aus. Most wouldn't be seen in one, but it really does make sense....)

K. Wilson Moose
02-20-2007, 05:22 AM
I didn't say it was good!

(and hey - I can see how people could find the sawdust frustrating in a Nadal-habit kinda way, but the legion-cap can't have seriously been a pain? Some liked it, some hated it, but gee it made sense here in aus. Most wouldn't be seen in one, but it really does make sense....)

He was a great player, but yes, annoying in a Nadal butt pickin sense ;). BTW, I never thought you believed the song or video to be good. Would be sort of interesting to get the translation in a self flagellation kind of way :).

warneck
02-20-2007, 05:55 AM
He is writing an poem, then the clock says 15.30 - This is were he starts dreaming. Its about a guy playing tennis for himself one day. Then someone drops by and ask if he wants to play a game or not, he thinks for himself "It's now or never". It was like he heard Ivan Lendl - This makes him feel like Ivan Lendl. The match did he lose by an ace in the end. The opponent then asks for a rematch, and he accepts. His losses now counts two.

They just repeats "It felt like I was Ivan Lendl" two thousand times. Guess thats some way of marketing using a known name.
---

I am NOT danish by the way. It's just one of the languages I know somewhat fluently.

BTURNER
07-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Just thought I would resurrect a thread or two from the archives on a subject we have not recently discussed. Campy Danish Lendl songs have not been discussed too recently.

jaggy
07-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Just thought I would resurrect a thread or two from the archives on a subject we have not recently discussed. Campy Danish Lendl songs have not been discussed too recently.

Agreed, I mean we talk about them all the time at the bars but on these threads they need more attention

BTURNER
07-17-2012, 08:11 PM

Agreed, I mean we talk about them all the time at the bars but on these threads they need more attention

Compared to Federer/Laver dogfights or Graf/Seles brawls, we need them desperately