PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in the north!!

coolio1002
02-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to know if anyone here plays tennisup north in Canada? Also I wanted to know what's a good way to practice in a town that only has outdoor courts? I'm stuck here in winter, doing nothing but hopingI do well in the next season. Any tips to keep my edge without actually playing lol. Also we don't haveany indoor courts. :( Thanks for all the help!!!

FEDEX1
02-20-2007, 04:35 PM
hmmmm sorry all i can say is hope for a warm day. Is there any club or anything in a neighboring town?

Ronaldo
02-20-2007, 04:58 PM
North of Saskatoon? Too cold for pressureless balls?

nyc
02-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Tennis on ice skates!!!

Swissv2
02-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Tennis playing on an ice rink with hockey skates will make for some very fun running around :D

coolio1002
02-21-2007, 12:41 PM
I live in Ontario and the closest town that has an indoor tennis court is one hour and a half away. Ice skating tennis would be fun though lol... Hopefully we'll find some sort ofsolution to this frozen tennis :(

smittysan89
02-22-2007, 09:38 AM
I live in Northern Ohio, but I just play indoors usually....it should be warmer here in the next couple of weeks, crunch time baby.

Ronaldo
02-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I live in Northern Ohio, but I just play indoors usually....it should be warmer here in the next couple of weeks, crunch time baby.

But you are committed to permanent court time through April. Cannot wait for a break in the weather.

Thomas15
02-22-2007, 11:39 AM
I live in Ontario and the closest town that has an indoor tennis court is one hour and a half away. Ice skating tennis would be fun though lol... Hopefully we'll find some sort ofsolution to this frozen tennis :(

ya i live in nova scotia, same problem here the closet indoor courts are in halifax which are an hour-hour and a half away.

what you can do is rent out the schools gym and set up a tennis court in that. i was gonna do that but never got around to it

coolio1002
02-23-2007, 12:41 PM
ya i live in nova scotia, same problem here the closet indoor courts are in halifax which are an hour-hour and a half away.

what you can do is rent out the schools gym and set up a tennis court in that. i was gonna do that but never got around to it

Sounds good but I'd have to look into it, i don't know a lot of people, who play at my school, and I don't even know if we can rent out the gym lol.

coolio1002
03-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Sounds good but I'd have to look into it, i don't know a lot of people, who play at my school, and I don't even know if we can rent out the gym lol.

Coach said that we can start soon!!! We will be after March Break!! I'm so excited, every morning I wake up thinking 'One less day until tennis". Woooot. Also does anyone else have other suggestions I need to get as much practice as possible

smittysan89
03-03-2007, 12:46 PM
yeah i start in two days...of course we will have to bring the shovels to practice as the courts are still covered in snow and....oh yeah....its supposed to snow on monday too...

Fedex_81
09-10-2008, 10:28 AM
yeah if your in nova scotia the only place with indoor is halifax so if you don't live close to there your pretty much screwed :(

talentscout
09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey everyone, just wanted to know if anyone here plays tennisup north in Canada? Also I wanted to know what's a good way to practice in a town that only has outdoor courts? I'm stuck here in winter, doing nothing but hopingI do well in the next season. Any tips to keep my edge without actually playing lol. Also we don't haveany indoor courts. :( Thanks for all the help!!!

I not sure what level you are but you should try to use the winter season to get stronger and work on you footwork and speed. Tennis is 90% movement... If you focus on your speed and movement your game would increase 10x better by next spring..

Ronaldo
09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Try broomball or do you have platform tennis?

scraps234
09-10-2008, 08:20 PM
ye they may eventually make tennis on skates cuz they alrdy made beach tennis and have real tournies lol

Ronaldo
09-11-2008, 05:04 PM
ye they may eventually make tennis on skates cuz they alrdy made beach tennis and have real tournies lol

Wasn't joking about broomball or platform tennis. It is outdoors but the court is heated. Hopefully it won't explode. Many players dislike using wooden paddles and chicken wire. But no worse than 3-walled handball, eh?