PDA

View Full Version : 2007 US Open tix questions

Sticklacer
02-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Hello friends--
This will be my first year of buying the tickets when they go on sale this spring/summer. Trying to get Sept 2, 3 (labor day wknd)

My questions are:

1. When do they usually go on sale?
2. Are the best seats I can expect to get still upper deck in Arthur Ashe? Even if I get them the first day they go on sale?

Any tips are appreciated.

World Class Forehand
02-20-2007, 07:41 PM
The tickets go on pre-sale sometime in April for USTA members. All tickets will be upper level seats for Ashe Stadium because all the lower level seats go to corporations and people who have been buying season passes for many many years.

TennezSport
02-20-2007, 08:05 PM
OK, it all depends on how much you want to spend for a ticket. If you want an Arthur Ashe seat for the big matches, you can buy them now. As WCF stated, the seats go on sale to the corportions right after the US Open ends. However, those corporations include the tennis tour groups, Go Tennis and Tennis Tours.

These seats are not the cheap seats even for the Promenade sections and they will run you from $80 to $800 dollars per seat depending on the day you want to attend.

Decide what you want to spend, book early and enjoy.

TennezSport :cool:

Shahar26
02-21-2007, 07:23 AM
I would recommend going to a day session, during the first week, you can get fairly cheap tickets to ashe (upper deck), but its not usually full and you can move the the bottom of the upper deck and its not that bad.

You can also see all the other games as close as front row...

And finally, you can try to get tickets from people who leave early in one of the lower decks.

All this assuming you don't want to fork out hundreds for good seats on ****.

Lindros13
04-13-2007, 10:14 AM
I would recommend going to a day session, during the first week, you can get fairly cheap tickets to ashe (upper deck), but its not usually full and you can move the the bottom of the upper deck and its not that bad.

You can also see all the other games as close as front row...

And finally, you can try to get tickets from people who leave early in one of the lower decks.

All this assuming you don't want to fork out hundreds for good seats on ****.

I think the bottom of the upper 300 deck is still a little too far away for much enjoyment. I don't plan to even step foot in Ashe stadium unless someone could convince me there is a reasonable method and reasonable chance of getting into the 200 or lower sections.

To get someone's tickets who are leaving early, do you park yourself near the exit and put on a pity face? I'm not so sure I could do it.

rommil
04-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Hello friends--
This will be my first year of buying the tickets when they go on sale this spring/summer. Trying to get Sept 2, 3 (labor day wknd)

My questions are:

1. When do they usually go on sale?
2. Are the best seats I can expect to get still upper deck in Arthur Ashe? Even if I get them the first day they go on sale?

Any tips are appreciated.

Where do you live? If you can watch the US Open in the first week then by all means. The matches at Arthur Ashe might not be that competitive but gives you a chance to check out the outer courts much closer. Don't forget to check the practice courts since you will see a lot of pros practicing there especially if they have a match later that day althought they have been practicing at the screened practice courts last year. A few years back the top pros practiced at an outside venue so we really got up close. Saw Federer, Agassi, Roddick et al practicing and we were sitting fisrt row court side. So always check the practice courts.

HellBunni
04-13-2007, 10:34 AM
you should wait for those discounts. I remember last year, some site offered a coupon code for TicketMaster that was like $10 tickets at Ashe and stuff.

nyc
04-13-2007, 10:38 AM
you should wait for those discounts. I remember last year, some site offered a coupon code for TicketMaster that was like $10 tickets at Ashe and stuff.
do you remember what site that was?

Rhino
04-13-2007, 10:47 AM
I turned up at the US open in 2005 with no tickets. It was very easy to get tickets for pretty much anything if you have the money and you get there early. It's nothing like Wimbledon where you have to line up all night to get on Center Court. I even got tickets to the mens semifinals the day before the match. That would be impossible at all other slams.

Tchocky
04-13-2007, 11:04 AM
I turned up at the US open in 2005 with no tickets. It was very easy to get tickets for pretty much anything if you have the money and you get there early. It's nothing like Wimbledon where you have to line up all night to get on Center Court. I even got tickets to the mens semifinals the day before the match. That would be impossible at all other slams.

All things are possible with money.

Lindros13
04-13-2007, 11:49 AM
I even got tickets to the mens semifinals the day before the match. That would be impossible at all other slams.

But was Roddick no bigger than a quater inch in size from your seat?

It's not rocket science why Arthur Ashe stadium does not sell out the day before the semis. Even the lower promenade seats are fairly poor, right? I guess I just stick with my grounds pass - I thoroughly enjoy the outer courts.

idj49
04-13-2007, 05:38 PM
If you have money you can end up with court side seats during the first week. That's what I did in 04 and 05 and never ended up higher than the 100's sections. I bought them about a week before the start of the Open. Oh and I did this by going through Ticketmaster, I didn't join any groups.

elquien
04-13-2007, 11:14 PM
absolute best deal is the labord day weekend pass. for aprox 135 you get crappy Ashe seat for sat, sun and mon. But you geat early entry into the grouds for remainding day session and a $20 gift card. If matches suck at ashe you have plenty to choose from on other courts. If they are good matches they should go the distance the casual fans leave early and you can upgrade for free. Late in the session the attendants don't usually care where you sit.

CivicLx
04-13-2007, 11:54 PM
we went in 05 with steve furgal's tennis tours out of San Diego and had a great time. we had day and night sessions from the first Tuesday night, to the Saturday day session (Blake-Nadal) and had a great time. the seats were way up high in ashe but the good thing was we didn't feel bad getting up and walking around to the outside courts...had we spent A LOT of money on tickets up close in Ashe, we would have wanted to stay put.

anyway, how much are you looking to spend total and where are you from?