PDA

View Full Version : What former tennis player became an art dealer?

BDuncan
02-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Does anyone know what (former and now retired) pro tennis player, apparently became an art dealer.

VikingSamurai
02-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Does anyone know what (former and now retired) pro tennis player, apparently became an art dealer.

J. Mc........

BreakPoint
02-21-2007, 12:16 AM
John McEnroe. He owns an art gallery in SoHo in New York City.

urban
02-21-2007, 12:52 AM
I think Woijtek Fibak made big money with art. And his former pupil Lendl has the greatest Mucha-collection in the world. Also Tom Okker owns a gallery in Amsterdam near the Rijks-Museum.

mmuubb
02-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Fibak is really into art now, he supports galleries a lot here in Poland.

OrangeOne
02-21-2007, 02:37 AM
Bjorn99.....

pound cat
02-21-2007, 06:45 AM
I think Woijtek Fibak made big money with art. And his former pupil Lendl has the greatest Mucha-collection in the world. Also Tom Okker owns a gallery in Amsterdam near the Rijks-Museum.

That is impressive. Now, how many retired football players own a gallery or collect art? LOL

Grimjack
02-22-2007, 04:04 PM
That is impressive. Now, how many retired football players own a gallery or collect art? LOL

Lots? What, you think people can't collect, enjoy, or appreciate art because they're...

...what...

...more athletic than you?
...stronger?
...blacker?

What is your particular prejudice that led to this opinion?

It took about five seconds on google to drag up the names of lots of NFL'ers, past and present, who are into art. Curtis Martin, Calvin Hill, the beat goes on...

pound cat
02-22-2007, 05:20 PM
I was actually thinking of football as the name of the game of soccer as it's known in most parts of the world,

And I have no idea of who those people you mentioned are.

As they say over the pond, or north of the 49th parallel:

" Don't get your knickers in a knot"