PDA

View Full Version : Another Fed-Free week...

FedFan_2007
02-21-2007, 02:08 AM
God, I can't stand it! Only 1 more week until Fed's next real match.... All these clowns can enjoy their Tier-2 titles.

The Grand Slam
02-21-2007, 02:27 AM
HAHAHAHAHA LOL. I totally agree with you man!!!! I'm in the same boat... can't WAIT for Fed to be in action again.

Marius_Hancu
02-21-2007, 02:41 AM
Wonder if Fed and Nadal are already in Dubai.

Nadal_Freak
02-21-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm loving it. Just hearing about Fed not playing puts a smile to my face. :D

The Grand Slam
02-21-2007, 03:41 AM
Nadal_Freak: I feel the same way about Nadal. ^___^

Oh, and I'm THRILLED! We only have to see him for TWO (probably one actually HAHAHAHA) weeks in March instead of four! No Miami for topspinmonkey! :D :D :D Yay...

8PAQ
02-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Ever since AO ended tennis has been so boring. With every match Fed breaks another record. He makes tennis exciting. Without him is ATP is not much better than WTA.

fastdunn
02-21-2007, 09:37 AM
yeah, look how some of "******s" acting erratic on this forum last
a few weeks. They are acting like drug addicts with withrawl symtoms !

drakulie
02-21-2007, 10:17 AM
yeah, look how some of "******s" acting erratic on this forum last
a few weeks. They are acting like drug addicts with withrawl symtoms !

Sounds like you with Sampras. Hate to break it to you, but he is not coming back. :(

danb
02-21-2007, 10:33 AM
God, I can't stand it! Only 1 more week until Fed's next real match.... All these clowns can enjoy their Tier-2 titles.

Same here: without Federer and Nadal is pretty boring.

ATXtennisaddict
02-21-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm only concerned if he's going to be match-fit and match-ready.

BeckerFan
02-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Federer is the main draw for me in tennis today. Every time he steps on the court, you know you have the chance to witness greatness. Even a close five-setter with two mediocre players is somewhat tedious. I would much rather see Federer dance circles around Roddick than two second-class players fight for second-class supremacy.

Janne
02-21-2007, 11:33 AM
I´m glad I havent seen much of Roger. Watching him play gets a little boring after a while since you basically knows who is going to win - no fun in that. I want to see more of the other players like Nalbandian, Hewitt, Safin, Santoro, Blake etc.

PS: Also, please stop calling the other players "mediocre". That is just plain stupid. So immature.

BeckerFan
02-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Mediocrity is relative.

Compared to Federer, everyone else out there is most certainly 'mediocre.'

And you've illustrated by point perfectly. If all that matters is 'who's going to win,' then why even watch the damn match? Checking scores on Yahoo! Sports would accomplish the same goal. If you love tennis, you should love what happens on the court. The quality of what happens on the court is determined by the quality of the players involved, meaning the 'best' matches are usually ones where Federer is involved.

Nick Irons
02-21-2007, 11:51 AM
The only match-up's excitng me on the tour right now are

Federer / Roddick / Murray / Nadal (Shuffle them as you will) and I always route for Spadea.

BeckerFan
02-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I agree with your picks, Nick. I'd add Safin and possibly Gonzo to the list as well, assuming the latter is able to sustain the level he achieved in Melbourne.

And seriously, how exciting is it to see Murray's development! This kid came along at just the right time, with Henman in sharp decline. I'm anxious to see how he handles the pressure at Wimbledon that will surely mount as his career proceeds.

drakulie
02-21-2007, 12:14 PM
^^^ yeah, Murray definitley seems to be a breath of fresh air. Can't wait to see him at Key Biscayne this year.

Pushmaster
02-21-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm loving it. Just hearing about Fed not playing puts a smile to my face. :D

Don't worry, you'll be seeing plenty of him in the next 6 or 7 years holding up winners trophies, more than likely at this years FO as well.

Janne
02-21-2007, 12:39 PM
BeckerFan: who is going to win is not all that matters to me. I still like to watch Federer play since what he does is almost like art. Though I still like tight matches where the tension builds up and it's hard predict who is going to win. To me, watching Federer dance around and win over awesome players with relative easy is much more boring than say the Federer vs Sampras game that was VERY tight or any 5 setter that includes other good players like Agassi, Sampras, Safin, Hewitt, Roddick, Nadal and so on.

BeckerFan
02-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I agree that the best matches involve two great players being pushed to the limit. That is the formula for a classic: Borg v. McEnroe, Sampras v. Agassi, etc. What I disagree with is the mentality that tennis is 'better' when Federer's not playing. I would say that the vast majority of the classic matches over the last few years have involved Federer ... often, they are those rare matches where Federer loses: Safin d. Federer (AO 2005), Nalbandian d. Federer (TMC 2005), Nadal d. Federer (Rome 2006). When Federer doesn't play, you know you have a better chance of seeing a CLOSE match, but you also know you probably won't see a classic.

caulcano
02-22-2007, 01:24 AM
Federer is the main draw for me in tennis today. Every time he steps on the court, you know you have the chance to witness greatness. Even a close five-setter with two mediocre players is somewhat tedious. I would much rather see Federer dance circles around Roddick than two second-class players fight for second-class supremacy.

You gotta take the rough with the smooth.

Go watch and an awful match, then you can really enjoy FED more when he plays. Or my analogy look at ugly women then you'll appreciate beautiful women even more! :grin:

caulcano
02-22-2007, 01:27 AM
I agree with your picks, Nick. I'd add Safin and possibly Gonzo to the list as well, assuming the latter is able to sustain the level he achieved in Melbourne.

And seriously, how exciting is it to see Murray's development! This kid came along at just the right time, with Henman in sharp decline. I'm anxious to see how he handles the pressure at Wimbledon that will surely mount as his career proceeds.

I think he's handled the last 2 WIMBs well. Also, I hope he well but he admits himself it's not his best surface.