PDA

View Full Version : Has Venus Williams lost weight?!?

Andy Zarzuela
02-21-2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.rmkchampionships.com/4/players/photogallery/2007/monday/6.jpg

Venus has never had an issue with weight. But what little weight she did add in the past 2-3 years....which wasn't much at all probably due to the inability to train with injuries....she looks a bit slimmer today....I was watching old clips of Venus and Serena back in 1998....Serena was so much more toned and trim (although today her muscles are bigger)....she looked like a different player. She's a better player today, but doesn't look as athletic as she used to....even back during her best year (2002)....she didn't look as trim as she did in 98....and I think that's just how her body is....I don't think she's ever been out of shape, even though she's a little bigger now......Venus looked like (and still looks like) a WNBA basketball player. She now has a more feminine shape these days....perhaps the Williams sisters did more intense weight training during their developmental stages to get bigger, stronger than the other girls....but I guess nowdays since they are more injury prone, they limit their resistance training.....

Nonetheless, Serena looks and is playing so much better than she did in the later half of 2005-2006....and she looks great (and as she says, she's got a little ways to go). With that said, Venus looks amazingly fit and will always have less weight to carry around the court. Perhaps this is why she was able to beat Serena in their 2005 meetings.

ne1410is
02-21-2007, 03:55 PM
yeah venus looks skinnier, less muscular/fit than she did before. i hope that doesn't mean her game suffers.

anna kournikova also looks super skinny now compared to before. she looks almost weak.