PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 volleyers in the mens game today.

capriatifanatic
02-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Reading a thread where Gilbert claims Murray is a top 3 volleyer today makes me want to test the opinion you have on that. Pick the 3 players you believe have are the top 3 volleyers today, and if you have 1 or more not in the 9 options pick other. Murray of course will be one of the options, although if I were making a poll under any other circumstances he would not even be one of the 9.

dukemunson
02-21-2007, 02:41 PM
If Dent wasnt done I'd say Dent (gotta give some love to the SoCal kid) but I love Ancic's volleys, amazing...Federer probably picks his spots the best but give me Dent or Ancic over anyone...

Orly_Yarly
02-21-2007, 02:46 PM
if you talk about pure volley, top 3 will all be double players

C_Smith
02-21-2007, 04:51 PM
yeah wheres Bryan bros and Bjorkman at?

JohnS
02-21-2007, 09:04 PM
If you are referring to just singles, Bryan Bros wouldnt qualify, but Bjorkman would since he is in the top 100 or even top 50 in singles. I'd vote Henman, Bjorkman, Federer.

Bogie
02-21-2007, 09:07 PM
henman, mirnyi, santoro/bjorkman by far all have the greatest hands at net

FitzRoy
02-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Henman, Santoro, and Bjorkman. I actually think Murray is quite good, though. Not in the top three, but he might get there eventually. In terms of natural ability, he has hands on par with those guys.

dunlopjew
02-21-2007, 10:20 PM
mirnyi, henman, santoro, llodra, bjorkman, mahut are the top volleyers in the game in my book

BeckerFan
02-21-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm surprised Mirnyi has more votes than Ancic.

shrakkie
02-22-2007, 02:53 AM
I don't actually think Federer is in the top three.

caulcano
02-22-2007, 03:46 AM
I don't actually think Federer is in the top three.

Come to think of it, I don't see enough of it to judge the quality of it, so I agree with you.

noeledmonds
02-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Lets not foget that McEnroe played a couple of ATP doubles tournaments last year. :D

ShcMad
02-22-2007, 08:28 AM
I vote for Safin's racquet-tossing volleys.

haerdalis
02-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Henman is by far the best volleyer around today. I would say Björkman and Dent are 2 and 3. Dent not playing at the moment of course. Federers volley is getting better but he is no netplayer. He doesnt want to be there.

The Gorilla
02-22-2007, 10:34 AM
other player:Llodra

federerfanatic
02-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Federer is by far the best volleyer in mens today. Henman is a distant second. Ancic is close behind Henman is 3rd. Why are Murray and Karlovic on the list as options, is the person who started this poll a moron or something. Murray and Karlovic are not even top 25 volleyers.

Rabbit
02-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Are you sure you don't mean who are the 3 vollyers in tennis today?

Tchocky
02-22-2007, 11:13 AM
I picked Henman & Dent but Timmy is pretty much done and no telling when Taylor may come back.

haerdalis
02-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Federer is by far the best volleyer in mens today. Henman is a distant second. Ancic is close behind Henman is 3rd. Why are Murray and Karlovic on the list as options, is the person who started this poll a moron or something. Murray and Karlovic are not even top 25 volleyers.

Atleast you picked a fitting nick.;)

BeckerFan
02-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Are you sure you don't mean who are the 3 vollyers in tennis today?

Much more like it, Rabbit.

NamRanger
02-22-2007, 03:52 PM

Henman is first, period. No one can hit a better half volley / difficult stretch volley other then Henman. That's the truth. He has literally no big shots and still manages to win at the net. That tells you how good he really is.

federerfanatic
02-22-2007, 03:55 PM
I have seen Heman and Federer play matches in the last 2 years and Henman cant do anything better then Federer right now even volley. I dont know about a few years back but right now Federer is better even at volleys then Henman.

Andres
02-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Have you seen Karlovic playing doubles?
Ivo is even a better volleyer than Mario.

The Gorilla
02-22-2007, 05:16 PM
I have seen Heman and Federer play matches in the last 2 years and Henman cant do anything better then Federer right now even volley. I dont know about a few years back but right now Federer is better even at volleys then Henman.

he's more consistant and is better at drop volleys.Federer's a squash player and it shows.

MTF07
02-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Henman, Federer, Mirnyi and in that order. Henman is the most consistant of the 3, rarely making any unforced errors at the net. Mirnyi has excellent reach(he is 6'5"), great touch, but his anticipation isn't the best;he seems to cover one side of the net before the player has even hit the passing shot. Federer is capable of making the most spectacular volley; he has excellent touch, great anticipation and good reach, but he is prone to the occasional error on the forehand side. I think Roche has really worked with Federer on the volleys though, because he has been far more consistant this year.
Bjorkman gets honorable mention, and he should be in this poll.