PDA

View Full Version : Varsity Football

PHSTennis
09-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Is it possible If I trainned 1 year to be a football player? Like full out weight training cardio everything? I have a tennis body 9% body fat 5'8 145 lbs... Think I can play varsity football because Im a Junior its too late for JV I know I can make JV... Ive never played on a team but have play with friends and I think I cant play but I dont know.. If I can does any players have a plan on what to workout? Thanks... well if theres no chance oh well it so that would be awesome! Thanks!

ibemadskillzz
09-04-2004, 07:37 AM
145 lbs is not that heavy. If you want to play quarterback you don't have to be big but, If you want be physical, you have to bulk up. Go to GNC and pick up Cretine and that will add weight to your muscles, make sure you drink a lot of water. Get explosive with your steps. 1 year is a whole lot of time. Just keep lifting, don't play tennis, it's a sissy game. play a real man's sport. my 2 cents :twisted: :shock:

PHSTennis
09-04-2004, 06:14 PM
THATS WHAT I THOUGHT! For a while. I want to be phyiscal.. Im going to bulk up with some whey but then I might not be able to play tennis.. my coach played in HS thats why its hard for him cause hes big but yeah just keep lifting! I herd on the radio on my way to practice that some team sprayed spam on their jerseys to make it harder for them to get tackled I thought I would like to share that . :p my 2 cents.

ibemadskillzz
09-04-2004, 08:12 PM
I recommend lifting for endurance, don't lift for shape. Muscles weigh less than fat.

PHSTennis
09-05-2004, 12:04 PM
For endurance I wont have some padding what if I get sacked? haha

goober
09-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Why do you want to go out for the football team? Even if you do make it you aren't going to play organized football after high school from the way it sounds. Work on your tennis game which you can play for the rest of your life. I played a lot of other sports during high school and if i had to do it over again I would have just concentrated on Tennis.

just my 2 cents 8)

PHSTennis
09-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Yeah was thinking of that... I dont know ha, I always wanted to play football since 6th grade.. but friends got me into tennis... I think Ill stick with tennis... maybe playing in college... college football players are HUGE!