PDA

View Full Version : Serena's Workout

Skppr05
02-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Hey, I subscribe to tennis magazine but i lost the issue with Serena on the cover with the Title "Serena Back in the Swing of Things" or something to that effect. Does anyone have a possible link to that or remember the drills she did?

Nuke
02-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Sounds like a straight line. Expecting McDonald's jokes any minute.

sureshs
02-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey, I subscribe to tennis magazine but i lost the issue with Serena on the cover with the Title "Serena Back in the Swing of Things" or something to that effect. Does anyone have a possible link to that or remember the drills she did?

You got the title wrong - it must have read "Serena's back in the swing of things"

ne1410is
02-23-2007, 02:47 PM
October 2006 Issue "Serena Strikes Back [How Serious is She?]

1. Dynamic Warmup--10-15 min jog, 10 lunges on each side to get legs warmed up

2. Balancing Ball Catch--Balance 1 foot on DynaDisc while partner feeds you balls to catch. vary where your partner throws it so you Catch it High, Low, in front of you, to the side. Do 30 catches on each leg to work balance and hand eye coordination.

3. Quick Feet--Use Rope Ladder. 2 quick steps on your toes in each space between rungs of the ladder. Up and down ladder 5x with minimal rest.

4. Cutting Drill--Stepping in and out of ladder rungs in a directional changing pattern.

5. Explosive Medicine Ball Toss. 4-8 lbs. 20 to 30 feet away partner. 5-10 throws

6. Upright rows on a physioball--

7. Wind Sprints--

8. Medicine Ball Rally Drill--

9. Clock Lunges--

(Sorry got bored and tired of reading and typing this stuff in)

Cool Down--Hop in SUV, try not to get punked in parking lot. Drive thru McDonald's. Get a coke. I love Coke. Mmmmm. Continue with Reality Show. Lose badly in Hobart. Spend one day working out at Hobart Track. Go for a run in Melbourne. Win Australian Open title. Pull out of subsequent tournaments. And you're done!

Voltron
02-23-2007, 03:03 PM
She works out? Well it certainly doesn't show.

jelle v
02-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Cool Down--Hop in SUV, try not to get punked in parking lot.

:mrgreen:

Whahahahaha, that was really funny, although I liked the way Serena seemed to really care.

ne1410is
02-24-2007, 01:32 PM
yeah she's awesome. haha. and i think she works out. maybe not as much as she used to. but i mean, she's just kinda naturally buff. like she is so much bigger than the other girls in those tournament pics. i was watching the mtv show of her where she plays capriati in key biscayne and she has a hit with venus who is number 1 at the time. she was insanely fit there.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
02-26-2007, 04:40 PM
1. Dynamic Warmup - eating as many htodogs as she can in a certain amount of time.

2. Balancing Ball Catch - thrwoing meatballs in the air and then catching it inside her mouth

3. Quick Feet - she chases a chicken, once caught, its dinner

4. Cutting Drill - learns how to cut really thick salamis

5. Explosive Medicine Ball Toss - putting as many cheeseballas in her mouth til she pukes

Bones08
02-26-2007, 08:08 PM
8 Time Grand Slam Champion....suck On That!

dowjones
02-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Doesn't Denny's serve a Grand Slam? :D

Voltron
02-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Doesn't Denny's serve a Grand Slam? :D
I know, it's really big too.

8 Time Grand Slam Champion....suck On That!

Woah! She ate 8 at once?!?!? That's amazing! ;)

Bones08
02-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Keep them talking Serena...you have to love the support you get on this board...you always use it to the best of your abilities...just ask Maria Sharapova!!!

TheTruth
02-26-2007, 09:55 PM
If she's not fit, then fitness is overrated, especially the way she's mowing the "fit", "match tough", competition down. Four matches last year and come in and take the AO title in dominating fashion? And people are still trying to dog her? Sad!

Bones08
02-26-2007, 09:58 PM
If she's not fit, then fitness is overrated, especially the way she's mowing the "fit", "match tough", competition down. Four matches last year and come in and take the AO title in dominating fashion? And people are still trying to dog her? Sad!

I agree! You're on point.