PDA

View Full Version : Where Mahboob and Bungalow gone ???

Rockyrock
09-04-2004, 06:45 AM
- Haven't heard from either legends for a while

gmlasam
09-04-2004, 06:55 AM
Maybe they are at the USO, giving pointers. :)

Tennis Guy
09-04-2004, 07:05 AM
Bill was posting yesterday.

Tennis Guy
09-04-2004, 07:12 AM
I just did a search and found out that the last time Mahboob posted was on the 27th. He only posted once every couple of days, so I don't think it's been that long.

Mahboob Khan
09-04-2004, 09:48 AM
I am here. As a coach some days are busier than others plus our phone line was disconnected because of some construction. If you direct a question especially to our attention, you are likely to get earlier response. A few days ago, I drafted a detailed response to "Why Mini Tennis". I thought I will get some medal for that piece of article. However, as I was in the process of posting, the power went off and I lost the article. I was thinking to start a new discussion on that topic.

In my spare time, I watch U.S. Open to learn new things. I observe, learn, and then share my views with my friends such as you.

Bungalo Bill
09-07-2004, 08:11 AM
I am here. As a coach some days are busier than others plus our phone line was disconnected because of some construction. If you direct a question especially to our attention, you are likely to get earlier response. A few days ago, I drafted a detailed response to "Why Mini Tennis". I thought I will get some medal for that piece of article. However, as I was in the process of posting, the power went off and I lost the article. I was thinking to start a new discussion on that topic.

In my spare time, I watch U.S. Open to learn new things. I observe, learn, and then share my views with my friends such as you.

I'm here.

Mahboob Khan
09-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Welcome on board, Bungalow Bill.

As I stated before, best question can take out best from us. I see many routine questions such as how to hit kick serve that have been answered many times before. I wish this Forum could develop a system whereby our previous answers are automatically pulled out and posted to such questions.

peter
09-09-2004, 04:11 AM
As I stated before, best question can take out best from us. I see many routine questions such as how to hit kick serve that have been answered many times before. I wish this Forum could develop a system whereby our previous answers are automatically pulled out and posted to such questions.

Hmm.. But would that _really_ be a good thing? That way there will never be any progress since the answers will always be the same. Now there will be refinements (smaller or larger) as time goes by and similar questions pop up.

Bungalo Bill
09-09-2004, 08:46 AM

Hmm.. But would that _really_ be a good thing? That way there will never be any progress since the answers will always be the same. Now there will be refinements (smaller or larger) as time goes by and similar questions pop up.

I think your confusing progress with sound physics.

What Mahboob is saying is there are certain fundamental priniciples that apply to tennis which his posts have portrayed. A persons ability to take that information and incorporate it into their game is what will cause progress to happen.

There is always "new" tips and other discoveries. For the most part, it is pretty much the same.

When the answers are the same, learning takes place much faster and players dont get caught into false tips that can cause a lot of problems in their game later.

Many of the tips given on this board are only viewed from the players perspective "what worked for them". Very few tips are given from a instructional perspective "what works for all". Styles and flare are things that cant be taught. But that is where most of the tips on this board come from.

ucd_ace
09-09-2004, 10:25 AM

You dare to challenge Mahboob or Bungalow Bill? Did you see Kill Bill Vol. 2 where the master grabbed the eye out of his student's face?... Maybe you should rent it...

These two masters have posted extensive answeres to questions on these message boards. It's not such a big deal when average humans post about the same topic all the time; these guys write books for us.

kevhen
09-13-2004, 11:55 AM
We need a wiki page for tennis knowledge where the users can add and delete stuff until all are in agreement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

tetsuo10
09-13-2004, 01:08 PM
[
You dare to challenge Mahboob or Bungalow Bill? Did you see Kill Bill Vol. 2 where the master grabbed the eye out of his student's face?... Maybe you should rent it...

You left out that the student poisoned the teacher. :twisted: