PDA

View Full Version : Marcos Verdasco, brother of Fernando Verdasco playing for Oregan tennis at #1 spot.

Fedace
02-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Right now at Washington huskie tennis team website, you can watch Marcos Verdasco play against Alex Slovic at #1 spot and it is very good tennis, Verdaso looks like a very good player himself. What do you think of his game.?:grin:

The Gorilla
02-23-2007, 05:17 PM
link? .

Fedace
02-23-2007, 05:29 PM
link? .

www.gohuskies.com then go to men's tennis and click on live tv. if you are not registered you will have to sign up, it is free and takes 2 minutes. and you can see all huskies tennis live and on tape for free from then on. It is pretty good tennis and visibility is pretty good too. I can see that this Marcos is not as good as his brother obviously but he has talent that is in developement.

Fedace
02-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Marcos Verdasco just broke to take the lead in the 2nd set. His Forehand is not as good as his brother's, it looks like. But i can see his talent, he is making some spectacular shots at times. He use same racket as Fernando and even same VAMOS chants too.

jaggy
02-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Is he the lefty? Its tough to work out who is who so far.

Fedace
02-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Is he the lefty? Its tough to work out who is who so far.

No he is righty, he is wearing Green, and he seems to be impatient at times and that is why he is kind of even with this guy named slovic of huskies. Slovic is ranked about #70-80 0r so and would have been ranked higher if he played more in the fall. so Marcos is playing a pretty good college guy.

Fedace
02-23-2007, 05:46 PM
And Marcos seem to double fault at the most inopportune moments, he has to cut that out.

jaggy
02-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the clarification, great picture, very impressive feed!

Fedace
02-23-2007, 05:51 PM
It looks like Marcos is going down today, he has work to do if he is going to follow in footsteps of his brother Fernando.

Fedace
02-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the clarification, great picture, very impressive feed!

I am going to make a thread about this but several division 1 college team have this feature, that you can watch their matches online Live, like Stanford and USC as well. it is pretty nice, to see some of the tactics they use in doubles and singles. I learned a few things.:-D

jaggy
02-23-2007, 05:57 PM
That would be great Fedace, I am a big fan of Indiana college tennis but we dont have any kind of feed and to see teams from pac 10 , acc and sec would be very cool.

Fedace
02-23-2007, 06:06 PM
That would be great Fedace, I am a big fan of Indiana college tennis but we dont have any kind of feed and to see teams from pac 10 , acc and sec would be very cool.

I also saw Stanford play today as well against Arizona state and it was pretty good tennis and nice feed, it is outdoor tennis and USC played today as well and i missed that one. And Stanford is playing again tomorrow afternoon if it doesn't rain in Palo alto. you can sign up for that too, it is Free. Matt Bruch, the Chicago boy is playing #1 double and #1 singles for Stanford. Matt Bruch almost beat Donald young at the Orange bowl 2 years ago.

atatu
02-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Wow, that's an awesome facility that UW has.

Fedace
02-23-2007, 07:14 PM

because of the purple courts ?;)

hermano05
02-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Fedace, i know a player from arizona that used to train with me and his name is Murilo Souza. Did you see him playing against Stanford? How is he playing? Did you watch on a website? Thnaks.

Fedace
02-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Fedace, i know a player from arizona that used to train with me and his name is Murilo Souza. Did you see him playing against Stanford? How is he playing? Did you watch on a website? Thnaks.

No i did not watch him play cause i just watch #1 and #2 usually and he played #6 against Zeller from Stanford and got blown out so must not have been playing very well. Zeller has not been exactly burning up the court this season. Anyway, i am watching a better match tonight Washington vs Sandiego state. #1 singel for the aztecs is a very good player, some good tennis.;)

Fedace
02-25-2007, 08:18 PM
This guy that plays #1 for Sandiego state, Markus Dickhardt has one of the best one handed backhands i have ever seen. It is so natural, kind of like Tommy Haas backhand.

diredesire
03-04-2007, 08:06 PM

I'm digging up a bit of a stale thread, but the facility is pretty awesome. I work there ;)