PDA

View Full Version : New Babolat Shoes

WhiteSox05CA
02-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Babolat Propulse. www.Babolat.com

Some sketches of these have been posted before, and now they are up on Babolat's website.

Apparently they are Andy Roddick's new shoes.

Has anyone tried these? I'm in the market for a new pair of shoes, and just noticed these.

pNoyr3D
02-24-2007, 07:09 AM
They have been up on the Babolat website for awhile but, I don't really like the look of it but, seems too look like a pretty sturdy shoe. Hm, wonder if it's going to be in the $110 range like the others.

WhiteSox05CA
02-24-2007, 07:38 AM
So I guess Roddick is ditching his signature shoes?

MMkay5
02-24-2007, 08:00 AM
i saw on these, the propulse, that his name is stitched on that strap, so i dk if that means these are his sig shoes now

slice bh compliment
02-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Looks like the same great shoe, but with a few changes in the uppers. I'm there.

pNoyr3D
02-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I also think I saw his signature on the strap, Roddick has been using these lately and I think these might be his new shoes. Well his Signature shoes.

baros
02-24-2007, 08:27 AM
they should sell them in a clay court sole also.

Ronny
02-24-2007, 09:31 PM
TW, are you guys gonna sell these shoes as my local tennis shop are already selling these shoes for about $210AUD...
------YAY 100th POST--------

ne1410is
02-25-2007, 12:59 AM
LOL Interesting looking shoes, but way too pricey for me. Maybe back in the day when online orders were significantly cheaper than they are today...

DavidM3
02-27-2007, 11:29 AM
MSRP will be $120 and the shoe is supposed to showcase some new technologies. The first is Exact Pro, which is similar to the system found in the current shoes. Instead of having that red "X" propulsion pad, its now a "rebound fish"....looks like spine with little bones poking out on each side. Michelin designed a new outsole exclusive to the Propulse which their testing (against rival shoes in the same price range) claims to be 40% more wear resistant than the leading competitor. The last thing new to the shoe is another Michelin outsole technology called OCS (Optimized Cell System), which are "micro capsules that optimize energy renewal. Seamless circular micro-cells, directly inspired from road racing equipment." This is supposed to do two things according to Babolat. The first is optimized traction ("20% more surface contact that with traditional chevrons, significantly improving adherence"). The second function is supposed to be help with restored energy. Babolat says, "Energy renewal is optimized during the compression-and-release phase."

This is Roddick's new shoe. The old Team All Court Roddick is being discontinued and the regular Team All Court is being updated. The new shoe is much more comfortable than the previous generation, has a slightly changed cosmetic, and carries a 6-month wear guarantee (the Propulse won't). Both the new All Courts and the Propulse are supposed to be shipping out from Babolat on March 1st.

Hope that helps.

samej07
02-27-2007, 08:54 PM
these are awesome! but $120 is way to much to pay for a tennis shoe, especially if it doesn't come with a 6-month warenty. looks like i wont be getting a pair. :(

piepo72
03-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Did any of you, guys, experienced a quick fading of the cushioning effect on the old models (All Court, Roddick,etc)?

MMkay5
03-04-2007, 06:38 AM
i experienced major blister problems from both the All Court and the Roddick edition. almost ruined my junior year season. blister problems and a bruised toenail.

slice bh compliment
03-04-2007, 07:03 AM
i experienced major blister problems from both the All Court and the Roddick edition. almost ruined my junior year season. blister problems and a bruised toenail.

Ouch, that stinks. Buy the right size next time, Mmkay. You have to go up AT LEAST a half-size, IMHO. I had to go up a whole size.

baros
03-04-2007, 06:08 PM
are there going to be other colours.

tennismike33
03-05-2007, 05:06 PM
When will they be released, and has anyone seen the specs, will they be wide enough is the question.

Forehand Forever
03-05-2007, 07:00 PM
These shoes look pretty sweet. If I didn't already have two pairs of Barricade IV's I'd get them.

piepo72
03-05-2007, 08:18 PM
These shoes look pretty sweet. If I didn't already have two pairs of Barricade IV's I'd get them.

How do you find the Barricade IV? I am looking for an outstanding shoe from the heel cushioning view point!

Voltron
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
For heel cushioning, I would look at the Adidas a3 line.

DavidM3
03-06-2007, 06:53 PM
When will they be released, and has anyone seen the specs, will they be wide enough is the question.

They were supposed to ship to dealers on March 1st, but that's been pushed back. I would guess still the first half of this month from what I hear. No specs (weight) is given. I'm assuming their width won't be significantly different from current Babolat shoes. At least for this model year, they are only coming in the one color combo.

Puredrivetennis
03-06-2007, 09:05 PM
These shoes are currently available to most ( I believe all, but don't quote me) babolat team members, via their reps-- but only for demo purposes. I hit with them during a core sesh' around Christmas, and I would reccomend them to anyone who is a barricade/roddick shoe fan. They are much like the previous model, with less of that pinch sensation that bothered so many; traction is great, and lateral movement is effortless. They are cosmetically outstanding, too-- great for the vibrant player on court. Look for them in late Spring.

jmorr649
03-08-2007, 11:33 AM
For heel cushioning, I would look at the Adidas a3 line.

I have been super impressed with my Nike Revive. Great cushioning, great feel, great deal.

Puredrivetennis
03-08-2007, 04:21 PM
apparently the revive soles aren't worth the box they came in, though-- unless you're a recreational player, there's no real reason to drop $100 or more on "two" pairs of shoes that'll last you one court season, particularly hardcourt.

strife726
03-12-2007, 11:04 PM
when are these coming out?

GJfan2007
03-26-2007, 11:28 PM
I have seen these new shoes and they are really nice

tennismike33
03-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Mine will be here tomorrow!!!!!!

tennismike33
03-28-2007, 08:30 PM
I feel like it is Christmas, just got my new shoes, can we play tonight???

Mr. Sean
03-28-2007, 09:19 PM
I dont think they are that good. I blame roddicks new shoes for his injury.

migjam
03-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I feel like it is Christmas, just got my new shoes, can we play tonight???

You showing up on Friday??

tennismike33
03-29-2007, 10:24 AM
You showing up on Friday??

I will be ther on Friday with my new shoes on. They are very comfortable. With a wifer foot than the standard fitting Nike's this shoe does offer a little roon, get a 1/2 size bigger than your normal shoe size. The couls use a little extra padding on the outside edge of the shoe, I am used to having the extra padding of an insert.

tennismike33
03-31-2007, 08:17 AM
I have played in the new shoes now for 3 days, 2 workout days and actually wore them i a tournament match and here is my review:

1. The shoe is VERY stable around my foot, even laced loosely. The wrap around seems to help.

2. The shoe grips the court and from what I can tell gave me better stopping and starting, when you are as slow as I am this is needed.

3. When you run down a shot and get on the outside edge of the shoe there is not a lot of padding. The shoe feels as it is diging into your foot, but when you stabilize and get on the balls of your feet the shoe is very good.

IMO, still not sure it is worth $120!!!