PDA

View Full Version : federer/nadal: when next? and follow-up

grizzly4life
02-25-2007, 09:56 AM
when do federer and/or nadal play next? ... i guess i could alternatively ask when are the next tournaments on TSN here in canada (i remember someone posted a TSN schedule, but i couldn't find it on the TSN site)

my follow-up is whether federer and nadal play alot fewer tournaments than the other guys in the top 10? my strong sense is yes, but i'm not sure.... probably other guys in the top 10 need the money and they don't get such long runs in tournaments.

thanks in advance!!!

noeledmonds
02-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Federer and Nadal are both playing in Dubai (hard court). This starts on monday. Federer has played 18 tournaments in the last year, Nadal 19. Most top 10 players play around 22. Only Nalbandian has played less (17 tournaments) of the top 10 players. The work horse Davydko plays far more than nearly anyone (31 tournaments).

noeledmonds
02-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Incidentally Nadal beat Federer in the final of Dubai last year (their first meeting of the year)

mohmoh
02-25-2007, 10:37 AM
This has been one of the 3 one month breaks which Federer has in his calender: after AO, after wimbledon and another one after the MC. But good that this one has come to an end. He is playing tomorrow.

Nadal was supposed to play in Marseille, but skipped due to injury.

grizzly4life
02-25-2007, 11:01 AM
thanks for both of you for the responses!!

yeah, i think tennis has the same minor problem as golf. huge difference in whether tiger/roger play or not. on the PGA tour, events are being cancelled literally because tiger doesn't play them. nice thing about tennis is that it seems to have much lower expectations of pay when big names aren't there.

what network is dubai tennis on??

caulcano
02-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Should be an interesting Dubai tournament. We'll see if the 1-month break helps FED. Though I can't see NADAL winning.