PDA

View Full Version : will haas win a GS this year?/predicted end of year ranking?

The Gorilla
02-25-2007, 11:25 AM
. .

Pete.Sampras.
02-25-2007, 11:31 AM
I would love to see that but I doubt that Haas will ever win a Grand Slam in his career. I hope he will make it to the Masters this year, but it will be close...

LarougeNY
02-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah I'd like him to win a grandslam sometime, but its very unlikely. I would like to see him get to GS finals though, thats more realistic.

127mph
02-25-2007, 11:39 AM
i dont think so, you have to remember, Haas does well the first 3 months of the year.during the clay season till the us open series, he doesnt make any noise. so i dont think he will win a slam.

Pete.Sampras.
02-25-2007, 11:42 AM
during the clay season till the us open series, he doesnt make any noise.
Maybe Wimbledon this year....

Fee
02-25-2007, 11:43 AM
As much as I would love to see it, I fear this year will follow a similar path to recent years...

Play well in Feb and March, suck on clay, suffer an odd injury during grass season, hit and miss during the US summer with a possible 2nd week run at the USO, then Tommy Who? during the Fall. Please Tommy, break this pattern and be a Top five player again. When he's on, he is awesome to watch, even if he's going mental with his coach.

By the way, if you are in the US and have Comcast cable, do a search for tennis in the listings at www.zap2it.com (http://www.zap2it.com). Your Comcast Sportsnet Channel may be showing the semis and final during the next few days (mine is) and they might be worth taking a look at.

tennishead93
02-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Maybe Wimbledon this year....

Are u kidding me have u ever heard of a guy name Roger Federer! But maybe because Haas and Gasquet are the closest to Federer

The Gorilla
02-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Are u kidding me have u ever heard of a guy name Roger Federer! But maybe because Haas and Gasquet are the closest to Federer

haas is in the samer league as federer at this moment.

DueSouth
02-25-2007, 12:19 PM
I doubt he's going to get one this year.....i think this is going to be the year that Federer finally gets The Grand Slam.

Pete.Sampras.
02-25-2007, 12:42 PM
I didn't mean that he will win the tournament. I just wanted to say that he's not completely without a chance in the time between April and August ;)

But on a good day, Haas has what it takes to beat Federer. And Federer won't win Wimbledon this year. Yes, I just said that... or maybe that's just what I hope... :-P

TheTruth
02-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Haas is winning a grand slam this year! Either Wimbledon or the French Open. I liked what one poster said about playing well in Feb. and March, not doing so well during the clay season etc. That is all true, but Haas is well aware of his patterns and his words are coming to fruition. His goals last year were to get back into the the top ten, which he did, (I think), and to go to Shanghai, (missed it by a sliver), and now he's gunning for a grand slam. I think he's got it! Just a gut feeling. But, I love the guy. Freak injuries aside, I hope this is the year of his breakthrough!

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
02-25-2007, 05:07 PM
i doubt it, heck, safin, hewitt, and roddick wont win slams again, this is federers era, and everyone else is jsut playing in it.

Pete.Sampras.
02-26-2007, 04:53 AM
i doubt it, heck, safin, hewitt, and roddick wont win slams again, this is federers era, and everyone else is jsut playing in it.
The unexpected happens quite often. Maybe soon, some young guy will step up and defeat Federer regularly. Federer won't be the best forever. You never know when it's going to happen... it could be tomorrow, it could be in a year or two ;)

caulcano
02-26-2007, 05:30 AM
But on a good day, Haas has what it takes to beat Federer. And Federer won't win Wimbledon this year. Yes, I just said that... or maybe that's just what I hope... :-P

More in hope I think.

Even if FED loses all his first-round matches from now till WIMB starts, he is/will be favourite barring any injuries.

Anyway, I doubt HAAS will win a GS, he's what 28 now, and he playing in an era with FED who's won 8 of the last 11 GS?.

tintin
02-26-2007, 05:31 AM
on clay Nadal will get him,so can Roger:D
on grass Murray can get him or Roddick and let's not forget Federer:D
on rebound well he got dusted by Gonzo and mister Roger:-D
on Hard Blake can get him and Federer will:-D
so no I doubt it

Pete.Sampras.
02-26-2007, 08:31 AM
^
They can get him but that does not necessarily mean that they will. Just who defeated Roddick on a fast surface lately... ;)

40Love
02-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Having watched Hass in last year and this year in Memphis, I think he is ready to get back into the top 5. He played great in Memphis and was great with the fans during the Memphis visit. You can check out his Memphis blog on the ATP site.

AJK1
02-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Haas showed in the AO he is just not good enough.

ilovecarlos
03-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Think he'll finish the year top 8...hope so..a GS? Kind of doubtful, but stranger things have happened.

federerfanatic
03-01-2007, 02:08 PM
He will finish the year somewhere between #6-#10. He is playing very good tennis now and will have a good year. Federer, Roddick, Murray, Gonzalez, Nadal will be the top 5 though, in that exact order.

No way in hell he wins a grand slam though. That window for him has come and passed.

The Gorilla
03-01-2007, 02:16 PM
He will finish the year somewhere between #6-#10. He is playing very good tennis now and will have a good year. Federer, Roddick, Murray, Gonzalez, Nadal will be the top 5 though, in that exact order.

No way in hell he wins a grand slam though. That window for him has come and passed.

murray!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!?????????????/

ha ha ha ha ;)

I'll show you this post in a year and we'll all have a good laugh ;)

Baghdatis72
03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
With Federer alive he will never probably win a GS except if a miracle happens.
For the end of the year rankings I think the rankings (not race) will be:

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Gonzalez
4. Haas
5. Roddick
6. Davydenko
7. Blake
8. Ljubicic
9. Murray
10. Baghdatis

dunlopfan
03-01-2007, 04:39 PM

have you heard of Sampras?

shrakkie
03-01-2007, 04:41 PM
I think Murray has the potential to be top 3 but I don't think he WILL be this year.

federerfanatic
03-01-2007, 05:27 PM
you are obviously a tennis newbie.

I have followed tennis for over 17 years now thank you very much. Even if I were a tennis newbie, which I am not, I would rather be that then a total fool who doesnt even realize how everything he believes is so wrong it becomes sad, which you represent.

federerfanatic
03-01-2007, 06:44 PM
I look forward to a thread from you in the next week along the lines of "Rusedski-best groundstroke game in the last 15 years" or perhaps "Ivanisevic-the complete champion". You always expect something a bit more nuts all the time with you, and as I said before the scary part is you even seem to believe what you say.

The Gorilla
03-02-2007, 07:52 AM
I look forward to a thread from you in the next week along the lines of "Rusedski-best groundstroke game in the last 15 years" or perhaps "Ivanisevic-the complete champion". You always expect something a bit more nuts all the time with you, and as I said before the scary part is you even seem to believe what you say.

Do you even know who they are?, or have you peiced together info from youtube clips?

tennishead93
05-12-2007, 11:30 AM
have you heard of Sampras?

sampras is retired smart one

PrinceO3TourOS
05-12-2007, 01:25 PM
sampras is retired smart one

LOL :lol: maybe he is another time traveler in this Forum, first was the guy who said that Rafter had a good season last year and now Sampras can win a Slam...many time travelers in this Forum :lol:

About Haas: He's a good player and I think he'll have a chance to win a Slam this year, like Adidas says: impossible is nothing :D