PDA

View Full Version : Nike BF IIs vs. Adidas Barricade IIs

SamBruin
02-25-2007, 10:47 PM
I've been wearing Barricade IIs for like over 4 years now and want to try something else. I've been thinking about the Barricade 4s but am a little concerned about the heavier weight.
So I want to try the BF IIs. For those who've tried both can you share your experiences and preferences?

Thanks

BreakPoint
02-25-2007, 10:56 PM
I find the BFII to be more comfortable than the BII because the toe box is roomier and due to the one piece, no tongue design, the BFII is more comfortable with less pinching of the top of the foot. The mesh upper also adds to the comfort and also makes the shoe lighter.

mmeyer1
02-25-2007, 11:15 PM
I have never played with the barricades, but am on my 3rd pair of BFII's. I love everything about the BFII except the durability. If you play over 5 or 6 hrs a week, I would go with the barricades. The BFII's only achilles heel is that the outsole is some weird design with adequate traction but crappy durability.

jayserinos99
02-25-2007, 11:33 PM
I've used both the BF2 and B2 and I much prefer the B2. The BF2 arch was non-existant for me which is the big reason why I like the B2 better. Even after breaking in the BF2 I never did get the comfort the B2 gave me. The BF2 felt lower to the ground and lighter than the B2 but I never felt that it was that big of a difference. About the biggest complaint about the B2 was that the arch goes flat after a while and I have to put in arch supports but still feel comfortable; I had a hard time even wearing the BF2 with arch supports let alone playing tennis with them in the BF2. As far as durability is concerned, I don't go through shoes quick enough to tell you if there was a significant difference between the two of them. Traction wise both shoes are decent in that aspect as I normally play on hard courts.

stormholloway
02-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I've worn them all. I don't like the BII. The Breathe's are money.

It's weird. There's so much fuss about Barricade II & IV but I like the III's the best. Nobody else does.

The BFII continues to be my overall favorite shoe.

momwendy
02-28-2007, 04:08 PM
The Breathe Free II's are my choice. I tried on both shoes -- but the Barricades felt heavier, and less comfortable. The Breathe Free II's come with a 6-month outsole warranty. For a fit similar to Barricades (and higher practicality) try New Balance.

Btw, I've heard the Breathe Free II's warranty is on each pair of shoes, not by purchaser --meaning no limit?, but I haven't tried yet...

BreakPoint
02-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Btw, I've heard the Breathe Free II's warranty is on each pair of shoes, not by purchaser --meaning no limit?, but I haven't tried yet...
The limit is one replacement pair of shoes for each pair purchased. So as long as you keep buying more BFII's and wearing each pair out before 6 months, you can keep sending them in with the original purchase receipt for that pair, and get a replacement pair. What you can't do is send in a replacement pair to try and get another replacement pair since you did not buy that first replacement pair and you no longer have the original receipt anyway (since you had to send it in already to get your replacement pair.)

kreative
03-02-2007, 08:28 AM
I own a variety of shoes including BII's & BF2's. The BF2's have a snugger fit due to the 1 piece tongue construction, and I felt it was a little tighter in the toe box than the BII's. The BF2's also feel lighter, and are more breathable. The BII's are a little more stable (to me) and definitely more durable. BF2 ranks low on durability, even w/ the 6 mo guarantee. I enjoy them both.

Even though the BIV's are a little heavier, it may be worth a shot. You get used to the weight after a while. It has a comfortable fit and a little more cushioning than the BII's. Solid construction, durable outsole, and looks great.