PDA

View Full Version : ego stroking coaches

goober
09-05-2004, 10:29 AM
my new coach is giving me some good tips and instruction so far so I think I will keep going to him. But he is rather annoying with his ego stroking. He keeps telling me I am a 4.5 and other overly positive things which I know aren't true or exagerations. Anybody else have a coach like this?

aahala
09-05-2004, 12:11 PM
These are not comments about your coach or anyone in particular:

Some of the teaching pros I've encountered are little more than paid *****s. They blow flowery smoke up their students rear end -- how good they are, how good they are becoming, etc.

These pros income are dependent upon getting and keeping students willing to pay(or their parents). Would most people keep coming back for more if they were told how crummy or hopeless it was??

I imagine I'm like most everyone else. I love the truth(if it's in my favor).

Agent Smith
09-07-2004, 04:22 AM
My coach is the same hehe. But if you give him the chance to POTILETY tell you your weakness then he will, of course. So you just have to talk to him and get him to say what areas you suck at. ;)

C_Urala
09-07-2004, 07:11 AM
What is bad in some encouragement your coach gives you?
If you do not like "you do it good" , interpret it as " you do it better" . It will save you ego but won't let it grow to the extreme.

Ace
09-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Man, where are you people going where your coach says nice things to you???
My coach is a smartass.
He is very helpful though, but it would be nice if he was more encouraging and less critical.
I need coddling!!!!!