PDA

View Full Version : This Years Potencial Records and Achievements

noeledmonds
02-28-2007, 10:32 AM
This year we already have one significant record broken (consecutive weeks at number 1) and several ongoing records to look forward to in the form of Nadal's clay streak and Federer's grass streak. Which of these records or achievements do you think will be matched or broken?

Andres
02-28-2007, 12:37 PM
5 consecutive Wimbledon titles by Federer and Nadal wins 3 consecutive French Opens and remains undefeated there

noeledmonds
02-28-2007, 01:06 PM
5 consecutive Wimbledon titles by Federer and Nadal wins 3 consecutive French Opens and remains undefeated there

Thanks for your sensible voting here (I aslo voted for USO without a set, for some reason I feel Federer will achive this). However I am beginning to regret that I even started this poll. The options were all a little uncreative and 16 tournaments is pretty unfesaible in hindsight. Over 50% think Federer will win the GS. Well start betting now is all I can say, you can get odds of about 3-1 so thats a pretty good return if you think that it is more likely to happen than not. The streak is an interesting one though. I actually think it is possible this will be broken by Federer. Though it may well not be this year.

caulcano
03-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Well start betting now is all I can say, you can get odds of about 3-1 so thats a pretty good return if you think that it is more likely to happen than not.

I don't want to jinx his chances. Is there odds on him not winning the calendar GS?

The streak is an interesting one though. I actually think it is possible this will be broken by Federer. Though it may well not be this year.

I think the chances of breaking the streak record will be this year. Only 14(?) more games?