PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Haas is moving into top 5 soon

Dunlop300
03-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Tommy Haas is playing unbelievable tennis this year. He is now in the semis at Dubai facing the winner of Fed/Djokovic. Sunday he blasted Roddick with 33 winners and 9 errors. I look to see him move into the top 5 any day now.

The Grand Slam
03-01-2007, 07:56 AM
He is now in the semis at Dubai facing the winner of Fed/Djokovic.

Wow. You sure don't mind spoiling anything, do you? The match happened only a couple of hours ago and already you're posting what should not be posted about the match in this forum.

Dunlop300
03-01-2007, 08:21 AM
oops, sorry about that. I forgot about the rules and also the time change from Dubai. My apololgies.

The Grand Slam
03-01-2007, 08:23 AM
That's okay. :D I'm sure most people don't care anyway, but it's the rules (and you're only a new user), so yeah. :/

WayneCM
03-01-2007, 08:27 AM
jus change the thread and put ***spoiler*** in the title and ur golden...

The Grand Slam
03-01-2007, 08:29 AM
WayneCM, as a member of this forum since last year you should know that you can't change a thread title unless you're a moderator. :)

WayneCM
03-01-2007, 08:31 AM
WayneCM, as a member of this forum since last year you should know that you can't change a thread title unless you're a moderator. :)

sorry dude i'm on sherdog 2 and u can do it there... I got confused...:oops:

TheTruth
03-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Fabulous! Oh, and somebody does care. Thanks for posting this thread!

Dunlop300
03-02-2007, 05:37 AM
You bet. I do care! Haas is one of my favorite players. I have been believing in his comeback for sometime and it is finally happening. He has as we all know some bad luck with injuries but boy is his movement and ball striking as clean as it can get at the moment. It is tough to say if he is playing as well as when he was world #2 but it has to be close if not even better tennis. Yes - I am also surprised how little he gets mentioned on the TW forums.

Maybe it is because he has had a tendency in the past to let people down once their belief sets in? Not entirely his fault though just injuries and some mind meltdowns.

Bical
03-02-2007, 05:42 AM
Im glad for him.

The Gorilla
03-02-2007, 07:53 AM
that match against federer was simply invredible, some of the best points I've ever seen!

TheTruth
03-02-2007, 01:10 PM
You bet. I do care! Haas is one of my favorite players. I have been believing in his comeback for sometime and it is finally happening. He has as we all know some bad luck with injuries but boy is his movement and ball striking as clean as it can get at the moment. It is tough to say if he is playing as well as when he was world #2 but it has to be close if not even better tennis. Yes - I am also surprised how little he gets mentioned on the TW forums.

Maybe it is because he has had a tendency in the past to let people down once their belief sets in? Not entirely his fault though just injuries and some mind meltdowns.

I think there's several reasons why Haas isn't mentioned so much.

1. The commentators don't fawn over him. If they did many would get on the bandwagon and carry out their ridiculous mantras, like they do with Santoro and Mauresmo. People are easily influenced and if the "experts" say it, then it must be true. Case in point, Santoro. His shots are weak, and if anyone can't see that, then well...that's their problem. And Mauresmo, although I like Mauresmo and root for her against most players, her game definitely isn't what they say it is. But, it's like a famous dictator once said, "how great for those in power, that people do not think."

2. Haas isn't into their bullcrap, so they can't use him. Since they can't use him, they have no use for him. If he wasn't wildly popular with the fans, not "experts" he wouldn't get a mention at all. They only like those that can be manipulated, and Haas doesn't fall into that category.

Go Haas!

tintin
03-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I like his game but I'm even more happy when Federer beats Haas for the statement he made against Roger not long ago as for Roger not being the GOAT.
If it's the case,he and Moya should be ashamed of themselves cause at the end of the day Moya still has 1 Grand Slam to his name and as for Haas he's never even made a Slam final:D so the are the ones who look bad since they are combined 2-14:D :D :D