PDA

View Full Version : Mens & Womens tennis

WayneCM
03-01-2007, 08:26 AM
With regard to viewing which do u prefer and also which do you watch most often...

Personally after the wimbly crumble i am disgusted surely this is a double standard... Potentially a male winner of wimbly may have to play as many as 35 sets of tennis while a female could at max 21 sets...

Equal pay for play, its as simple as that they want the same money for far shorter matches and far less depth its a joke...

The Grand Slam
03-01-2007, 08:26 AM
I love both of them. I'll watch either. :D

caulcano
03-01-2007, 08:30 AM
If I need a laugh, I'll watch the early rounds of the women's.

WayneCM
03-01-2007, 08:32 AM
If I need a laugh, I'll watch the early rounds of the women's.

hehe cheeky...;)

SamprasFOREVER
03-01-2007, 10:52 AM
This will be a one-sided pole caz we have so many male voters on this board . The Thread starter should have left three more option like this :
Men
Women
Men/Women Both but Only watch men when both are going on .
Men/Women Both but Only watch women when both are going on .
Men/Women Both equally

& for the eccentric : I'm a guy who only watches womens-tennis for a different bounce.

Nick Irons
03-01-2007, 11:36 AM
I like both (You need to add a third option beatch)

DueSouth
03-01-2007, 12:15 PM
I prefer men's tennis because the grunting in women's tennis annoys me. I know the guys grunt too, but i think its something to do with the fact that the female grunt(or shreik in sharapova's case) is higher pitched so it gets on my nerves more!!!
Also ive always been one to watch men sports over women's (football,tennis,rugby,hockey)

AndrewD
03-01-2007, 12:21 PM
I'd rather watch Henin than Nadal, Hingis than Roddick, Mauresmo than Nalbandian or Lisa Raymond than Haas but I'd also rather watch paint peel than see Sharapova, Williams (either one), Petrova, Jankovic or any of the other artless players that dominate the lists.