PDA

View Full Version : USTA memberships

tennisfreak
09-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Who here has a USTA membership? Is it worth it if I need to find more matches with 4.0 players? Do I need a USTA membership to join tennis leagues? Thank you.

goober
09-05-2004, 07:47 PM
I don't have a USTA membership, but there are plenty of ways to meet up with 4.0 players without a membership.

Private Clubs- tons of players generally higher levels. you can often still participate in just the tennis clinics/leagues ect. without joining the full club but paying a little bit more for each individual activity.

leagues- public or private. These are cheap to join and plenty of them around (at least where I am at)

Internet- I have found this to be the least successful.

thehustler
09-05-2004, 09:06 PM
I have a USTA membership and I like having it. It allows you to get into tournaments and play people you might never see on a nearby court. Plus you get a subscription to tennis magazine which is nice. I get tired of playing the same friends over and over, no matter what their skill level is. I like the idea of being in tournaments and playing random people, all with different abilities and so on. Makes it more interesting IMHO. Clubs can be spendy, for example the one I went to cost $95 a month for just me. Men's night was always doubles and that got boring real quick with guys twice my age and half my speed. Never any good quality singles. Can't say much about leagues, I'm going to join my first one at the end of this year so I hope they're good. HTH.

Dopke
09-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Join a club. A lot of clubs has ntrp leagues.