PDA

View Full Version : Roddick the ATP Player of the Month for FEB ?

Nick Irons
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Andy Roddick

The ATP World No. 3 had a 9-2 ATP record in February including runs to the San Jose semifinals (l. to Murray) and the Memphis final (l. to Haas).

Unlike Murray, who Won San Jose and got to the Semi's of Memphis for an 8-2 run

dubsplayer
03-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Player of the Month. LOLOL. He won nothing.

Nick Irons
03-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah, that's what I was tripping on.

Feņa14
03-01-2007, 05:02 PM
lol, should be Haas or Youzhny.

malakas
03-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Haas player of the month.Or Baghdatis.

FitzRoy
03-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I thought it would be Haas, considering he won a tournament without being broken and also went 2-0 in Davis Cup against two top-twenty players (Ljubicic and Ancic). I suppose he got knocked for only playing one tournament. But other than Haas, I would definitely have said that Murray should get it.

federerfanatic
03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
If Roddick won player of the month then the ATP prove once again how f$cked up they are.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
03-01-2007, 05:31 PM
definitely haas

KBalla08
03-01-2007, 06:25 PM
um roddick went 2-0 in davis cup too... and he got to #3 in the world.. i guess thats y

federerfanatic
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Should be Murray. Title and semi>final and semi, and 1-1 vs Roddick this month. Haas won a title by smoking everyone, even with it being his only tournament he is a better candidate then Roddick. Dumb choice.

WayneCM
03-02-2007, 01:01 AM
all murray did was retain points at san jose, roddick retained points at san jose and improved greatly on his memphis performance and went into the top 3 i'm sure thats the criteria that they would have looked at... think if not roddick then youzney r haas both on great form, which means great things 4 tennis... Baghdatis??? He won a tournament because lubicic buckled and hasn't done much b4 r since...

malakas
03-02-2007, 01:04 AM
yeah won a tournament beating 1 local hero and top 5(at that time) player and another top 20 player.And then he went on to the final of the next tournament beating hot Youzhny on his way.Sure he hasn't done much since.:roll:

WayneCM
03-02-2007, 05:01 AM
yeah won a tournament beating 1 local hero and top 5(at that time) player and another top 20 player.And then he went on to the final of the next tournament beating hot Youzhny on his way.Sure he hasn't done much since.:roll:
In feb he played 1 tournament, now he beat no top 20 players so therefore not even a consideration... Thank u 4 ur unbiased(:roll: ) opinion malakas... Roddick made the semi's of 1 tuornament and the final of the next only loosin to top 15 opposition... Haas beat 2 top10 players in The DC and then won in memphis beating roddick... Murray won in san jose and made the semi's in memphis so any of these 3 would have been fine and for the reasons i already listed i feel that the roddick choice is far...

malakas
03-02-2007, 05:37 AM
In feb he played 1 tournament, now he beat no top 20 players so therefore not even a consideration... Thank u 4 ur unbiased(:roll: ) opinion malakas... Roddick made the semi's of 1 tuornament and the final of the next only loosin to top 15 opposition... Haas beat 2 top10 players in The DC and then won in memphis beating roddick... Murray won in san jose and made the semi's in memphis so any of these 3 would have been fine and for the reasons i already listed i feel that the roddick choice is far...

Isn't Zagreb till the 4 February?Isn't Marseilles 12-18 February?:rolleyes:
1+1 =2
No top 20 players?:confused: haha isn't Youzhny and Nieminen top 20?Isn't ljubicic top 10?:roll:
Yes,my opinion is unbiased because I didn't claim that my favourite player should be the ATP player of the Month,but should be a good contender for it,far more than Murray at least.
You claimed that Marcos "hasn't done much b4 r since",you seem to have a memory blank between 12-18 of February.Maybe before you posted your opinion about the ATP player of February,you should have followed tennis during that month.The whole month.

DueSouth
03-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Haas or Youzhny for singles and the team of Jamie Murray and Eric Butorac for doubles players!

Bical
03-02-2007, 05:43 AM
Guillermo Cañas.
M. Yohusny

tintin
03-02-2007, 08:02 AM
wtf for?:confused: :confused: :mad:
it should be Murray or Haas or Youzhny

WayneCM
03-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Isn't Zagreb till the 4 February?Isn't Marseilles 12-18 February?:rolleyes:
1+1 =2
No top 20 players?:confused: haha isn't Youzhny and Nieminen top 20?Isn't ljubicic top 10?:roll:
Yes,my opinion is unbiased because I didn't claim that my favourite player should be the ATP player of the Month,but should be a good contender for it,far more than Murray at least.
You claimed that Marcos "hasn't done much b4 r since",you seem to have a memory blank between 12-18 of February.Maybe before you posted your opinion about the ATP player of February,you should have followed tennis during that month.The whole month.

when baghdatis played jarkko he was #20, youzney was #22 good research pal... And he barely beat a very off form ljubicic... by b4 feb he had a bad start i meant:
he got spanked by monfils in the 2nd round of AO, losses to moya and soderling weren't great displays so again nice research, and i never said roddick should definitely b the player to win but we was certainly in contention along with haas and murray... Learn 2 read... And in february he played in 2 tournaments getting 2 the final of 1 without playin opposition higher then #20 and got beat rd1 in dubai...

malakas
03-05-2007, 05:37 AM
oh yeah sure because the value ,skill and competence of Youzhny and Nieminen a week before was much smaller than a week after.:roll: I mean..they were out of the top 20 then!Totally different players!!!:rolleyes:

Learn 2 read?Well first you learn to write in proper english and then you can try and give others advices about how to read.:roll:

Yes he got beat first round in Dubai..big dissapointment ..:rolleyes: of course you fail to mention that he lost against world's number two Rafael Nadal...

WayneCM
03-05-2007, 05:58 AM
oh yeah sure because the value ,skill and competence of Youzhny and Nieminen a week before was much smaller than a week after.:roll: I mean..they were out of the top 20 then!Totally different players!!!:rolleyes:

Learn 2 read?Well first you learn to write in proper english and then you can try and give others advices about how to read.:roll:

Yes he got beat first round in Dubai..big dissapointment ..:rolleyes: of course you fail to mention that he lost against world's number two Rafael Nadal...
i'm sorry u don't like the facts, youzny is a great player but he wasn't top 20 i didn't say he won against poor oppostion simply the fact that they were not(r in 1 case barely top20) I'm not bashing baghdatis but disagreed with ur putting him forward... By learn 2 read i mean stop assuming things that i clearly state to the contrary... And nadal is clay court #1 and probably not top ten on hard courts... And he tanked against nadal but the fact is he lost... And stop with the roll eyes its gettin old...