PDA

View Full Version : Roddick breaking racquet in half?

quest01
03-01-2007, 10:37 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has the video of Roddick smashing his racquet against the ground then attempting to break the racquet even more with his own hands in a match from Memphis?

angharad
03-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I think this is what you're looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_pEOmEuToo

He winds up cracking the racquet he pulls out of his bag to replace the first one, too.

Mr. Sean
03-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Yeah maybe next he should try coming up to net more like conners was teaching him instead of rallying behind the baseline again. Hes getting into that habit again for some reason that I cant explain and thats why hes losing. Started after the first couple rounds of the aussie and continues to proceed. I hope conners will get him playing straight again. I cant believe after all that time with conners hes reverting back to his horrible behind the basline strategies once again.

JLyon
03-02-2007, 04:32 AM
Yeah maybe next he should try coming up to net more like conners was teaching him instead of rallying behind the baseline again. Hes getting into that habit again for some reason that I cant explain and thats why hes losing. Started after the first couple rounds of the aussie and continues to proceed. I hope conners will get him playing straight again. I cant believe after all that time with conners hes reverting back to his horrible behind the basline strategies once again.
Sounds like Roodick refuses to listen, hence he fired Gilbert and now Conners may not be to far away.

Cfidave
03-02-2007, 05:35 AM
The guy is frustrated. He will never see another #1 ranking, or grand slam. I think he knows he has somewhat limited ability, compared to some others. Top that off with a lot of pressure just to stay in the top 5, which is unlikely by years end, and it does not take much to set him off.

DueSouth
03-02-2007, 05:38 AM
He becomes and angry little bugg*r doesnt he?

Mr. Sean
03-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Sounds like Roodick refuses to listen, hence he fired Gilbert and now Conners may not be to far away.

Well if that is the case he's wasting conner's and the fans time. I cant stand stubborn players. Doing the same thing expecting different results is the definition of insanity and if he keeps playing 4 feet behind the baseline opponents are just going to run him around the court. Roddick will then start getting ****ed at his coach and fire him, when in actuality roddick is the one who is not listening to strategies that actually work. I would like to see conners coach players that actually listen or who still have intensity. Roddick just seems like one of those guys who is a great starter but poor finisher. I think if you commit to something you have to go all the way and not half *** it when you hit a couple of road blocks.