PDA

View Full Version : FEDERER PREDICTIONS 2007 ( You VOTE )

SamprasFOREVER
03-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Guys , Roger is doing pretty will this year . Please vote what You think about his career this year .

SamprasFOREVER
03-02-2007, 12:04 PM
You guys should also put your predictions for Roger this year (2007 ) in this thread . Is he gonna win the next Master's ?

larlarbd
03-02-2007, 12:22 PM
FED goes down this year,He Goes down BAD ( outta top5)
Best wishes to FED still though !!!

Feņa14
03-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Falls out of the top 5? I think that even if he doesn't play another match for the rest of the year he will still be ranked pretty high up in the game.

I'm hoping he can win the lot but the French is going to be tough. I think another goal for Federer is to win the Masters Series that he hasn't already, that way he could end the year having won all the Slams and all the Masters Series in his career, that would be another thing that he could use to help his case in the GOAT debate.

laurie
03-02-2007, 04:10 PM
I think you should add another one to the poll:

Federer wins every single tournament he enters this season.

federerfanatic
03-02-2007, 04:30 PM
I think you should add another one to the poll:

Federer wins every single tournament he enters this season.

I am probably the most biased and dedicated Federer fanatic you will find and I still say there is no way he goes undefeated this year.

Nadal will beat him on clay atleast once. Even if Nadal is struggling now they have to meet in all 3 of the biggest clay court events they enter-Monte Carlo, Roma, and the French Open, those two are just so far ahead of any of the other guys on clay right now. I really believe each has to win atleast 1 of those 3 matches, it will be 2-1 one way or the other, I cant see one blanking the other 3 straight this year. Even a slumping Nadal is too formidable on clay for that, and Federer is learning too fast on clay and burgeoning in confidence too much in general right now for that.

Murray is on a fast rise. I cant see him not finishing the year in the top 5, maybe the top 3, and beating all the big guns atleast once-even Federer. It probably wont be in a grand slam but he will beat Federer at some point this year, even if just a smaller tournament, but maybe a Masters. He has the type of game that bothers Federer since he does not give him rythym which most of todays top players do and what Federer dissects.

I dont know how many losses he will have this year but he will have atleast two, atleast 1 to Nadal on clay and 1 to Murray. Maybe more then that, maybe not, but atleast those 2.

The Gorilla
03-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Murray is Chela.

Chela is Murray.

They are the same player.

Murray will not be top 5.

stormholloway
03-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Murray is Chela.

Chela is Murray.

Funny to see you surface after all your Murray bashing, WITH EVEN MORE MURRAY BASHING.

Murray's won more titles than Roddick this year, so suck it.

As for Federer, am I blind or is a Grand Slam not on that list? I'd vote for Grand Slam this year.

The Gorilla
03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Funny to see you surface after all your Murray bashing, WITH EVEN MORE MURRAY BASHING.

As for Federer, am I blind or is a Grand Slam not on that list? I'd vote for Grand Slam this year.

WOW!

4 tournaments into the season and murray's already won some Mickey mouse tournament against Ivo Karlovic!

WOW!

I'm going to have to completely reassess Murray now.

Not.

larlarbd
03-02-2007, 11:24 PM

What do you mean ? all the rest of the three GrandSlams are on the list ?!

larlarbd
03-02-2007, 11:26 PM
This is a pretty good pole for predictions - mind you , there is a HUGE possibility that Roger puts so much effort into winning French that He just might get upset in the early rounds of Wimbledon .

jelle v
03-03-2007, 02:47 AM
Why do you think that? Last year he reached the final of the French Open and won Wimbledon. You are saying that when he wins it this year, because of that he might lose at Wimbledon, while having played the same amount of matches at the French?

I voted that he wins all Grand Slams this year.

federerfanatic
03-03-2007, 04:15 AM
Murray is Chela.

Chela is Murray.

I would like to remind everybody that Gorilla boy is the same individual who believes Ivan Lendl has a better backhand and return of serve then Federer, Connors, and Agassi. Gorilla boy is also the same individual who belives Sampras and Edberg had much better backhands then Federer in the early 90s. As you read his statements remember that.

To say Murray is Chela is an absolutely absurb statement. Murray at only 19 is already ranked higher then 27 year old Chela ever has been. Murray has won 2 titles in his first 2 years as a pro, Chela has won 3 titles in 9 years as a pro(4 if he wins today), and didnt win his first until after 3 years as a pro. Chela's only big win to win any of his title was a win over Safin in the 2004 Estoril final. Murray had wins over both Hewitt and Roddick in winning San Joes in 2006, and repeated a win over Roddick on his way to winning San Jose in 2007. Murray has now made it to the 4th round in 3 straight slams, Chela has only made it as far as the 4th round(once to the quarters at the French)two times totaly in his long pro career. Murray's biggest win in a grand slam so far is beating 2-time Wimbledon finalist Andy Roddick in the 4th round of Wimbledon, Chela's is.....?

The Gorilla
03-03-2007, 05:31 AM
I would like to remind everybody that Gorilla boy is the same individual who believes Ivan Lendl has a better backhand and return of serve then Federer, Connors, and Agassi. Gorilla boy is also the same individual who belives Sampras and Edberg had much better backhands then Federer in the early 90s. As you read his statements remember that.

To say Murray is Chela is an absolutely absurb statement. Murray at only 19 is already ranked higher then 27 year old Chela ever has been. Murray has won 2 titles in his first 2 years as a pro, Chela has won 3 titles in 9 years as a pro(4 if he wins today), and didnt win his first until after 3 years as a pro. Chela's only big win to win any of his title was a win over Safin in the 2004 Estoril final. Murray had wins over both Hewitt and Roddick in winning San Joes in 2006, and repeated a win over Roddick on his way to winning San Jose in 2007. Murray has now made it to the 4th round in 3 straight slams, Chela has only made it as far as the 4th round(once to the quarters at the French)two times totaly in his long pro career. Murray's biggest win in a grand slam so far is beating 2-time Wimbledon finalist Andy Roddick in the 4th round of Wimbledon, Chela's is.....?

Chela doesn't have brad gilbert handing him gameplans, that's pretty much the only difference.

Oh, and I actually said that both connors and agassi had better returns than Lenndl.

larlarbd
03-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Why do you think that? Last year he reached the final of the French Open and won Wimbledon. You are saying that when he wins it this year, because of that he might lose at Wimbledon, while having played the same amount of matches at the French?

I voted that he wins all Grand Slams this year.

The Old Burnt-Out Theory.

BlackSheep
03-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Where's the option for : he will win every Grand slam this year.

larlarbd
03-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Where's the option for : he will win every Grand slam this year.

IT IS A MULTI OPTION POLE - YOU CAN VOTE HE WINS FRENCH , WIMBLEDON , US OPEN ( 2007 ).

SamprasFOREVER
03-03-2007, 11:04 AM
IT IS A MULTI OPTION POLE - YOU CAN VOTE HE WINS FRENCH , WIMBLEDON , US OPEN ( 2007 ).

Yes , My answer.

lefty10spro
03-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Kinda tuff to pimp Nadal to win anymore isn't it? Will be interesting to see if he can dominate on clay again this year. My guess is no. He is a puzzle that has been solved. There is no answer to King Roger. Watch Sampras matches on TTC and see why arguing that he is the GOAT is no longer possible. Compared to the tennis of today, Sampras is playing slo-motion tennis!

SamprasFOREVER
03-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Kinda tuff to pimp Nadal to win anymore isn't it? Will be interesting to see if he can dominate on clay again this year. My guess is no. He is a puzzle that has been solved. There is no answer to King Roger. Watch Sampras matches on TTC and see why arguing that he is the GOAT is no longer possible. Compared to the tennis of today, Sampras is playing slo-motion tennis!

OMG , You DIDNOT say that , slow-motion ? Sampras kept his serve at (1st)130MPH & (2nd) 120MPH 80% of the time . Roger's 1st Serve Keeps at 120MPH ( rarely ) . Slow-motion ?

Sampras Forehands are avg. clocked at 154/155 ( I don't remember which mag I saw the avg. FED has probably 5 or 6 forehands at 150+ . Slow-motion ?

Just because he wins does NOT mean he is playing better tennis .

larlarbd
03-03-2007, 11:33 AM
OMG , You DIDNOT say that , slow-motion ? Sampras kept his serve at (1st)130MPH & (2nd) 120MPH 80% of the time . Roger's 1st Serve Keeps at 120MPH ( rarely ) . Slow-motion ?

Sampras Forehands are avg. clocked at 154/155 ( I don't remember which mag I saw the avg. FED has probably 5 or 6 forehands at 150+ . Slow-motion ?

Just because he wins does NOT mean he is playing better tennis .

I second that ( though FED's 1st serve is like 125's but his 2nd serve is just TOO slow ).
Yup, I think it was some S.I. article that did the avg. at USO . Sampras was a GREAT HITTER . FED's Technique on forehand is just VERY good but NOT fast . No way in hell was Sampras slow-motion . & give me a 99'Agassi & put him against FED'2007 - we will see who looks slow-motion . FED is a great player but Andre would have taught him a lesson in rallies .

larlarbd
03-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Just 67 voters so far ? I thought it'd be 1000+ by now caz there are so many FED fans here .

larlarbd
03-04-2007, 09:04 AM
I thought there were many FED-fans here , 72 voted so far ?

ckthegreek
03-04-2007, 09:20 AM
This is a pretty good pole for predictions - mind you , there is a HUGE possibility that Roger puts so much effort into winning French that He just might get upset in the early rounds of Wimbledon .

Agree, see Sampras 96. Depends on Nadal's condition and luck of draw mind you.

If he does not win the FO as it is widely anticipated, it means bye bye Grand Slam and puts even more pressure on him to win at Wimbledon as the focus will once again fall on getting past Sampras' 14 GSs.

This is a make or break year for Federer.

caulcano
03-05-2007, 01:41 AM
I am probably the most biased and dedicated Federer fanatic you will find and I still say there is no way he goes undefeated this year.

Agree. Going undefeated is almost impossible. Btw, has it ever been done?

Nadal will beat him on clay atleast once. Even if Nadal is struggling now they have to meet in all 3 of the biggest clay court events they enter-Monte Carlo, Roma, and the French Open, those two are just so far ahead of any of the other guys on clay right now. I really believe each has to win atleast 1 of those 3 matches, it will be 2-1 one way or the other, I cant see one blanking the other 3 straight this year. Even a slumping Nadal is too formidable on clay for that, and Federer is learning too fast on clay and burgeoning in confidence too much in general right now for that.

Agree. 2-1 in FEDs favour but they'll all be close encounters. Here's hoping one of the wins will be the FO final.

Murray is on a fast rise. I cant see him not finishing the year in the top 5, maybe the top 3, and beating all the big guns atleast once-even Federer. It probably wont be in a grand slam but he will beat Federer at some point this year, even if just a smaller tournament, but maybe a Masters. He has the type of game that bothers Federer since he does not give him rythym which most of todays top players do and what Federer dissects.

I can't see FED losing to MURRAY this year. I'm sure FED would like to beat him to say 'who's the boss'!

I see a loss for FEED in an early round, probably a MS because they'd have a better chance in a 3-setter rather than 5.

Rudy
03-05-2007, 03:16 PM
closest undefeated season I can think of is Johnny Mac's 3 loss season. And Fed almost had that, he lost 4 in 05.

deucecourt
03-05-2007, 03:39 PM
You cannot disrespect Sampras. Slow motion? I saw the same highlights of Sampras on TTC. The difference is He was playing a charity match with T. Martin. Dude has been out of the ATP for 5 years. The game hasn't gotten that much quicker if anything the courts are slower now. How else does a clay courter like Nadal get to the Wimby final?

tt2003
03-05-2007, 11:45 PM
roger feels bored and retires