PDA

View Full Version : becker-edberg youtube.com (and a question)

grizzly4life
03-02-2007, 08:48 PM
what happened to edberg-becker wimbledon videos?? it looks like they're gone.

sure it was the whole match and probably copyright-protected, but was this really threatening any sales.

i see so much commercial stuff disappearing.... but i hadn't thought of pat benatar in about 10 years, and looked up here video on youtube.com. now it's gone. isn't it good advertising for pat?? and i think it would only serve to increase her video sales (if there are any) as youtube isn't the best quality.

my question though is this: i'll put in youtube's address and it's tell me it's doing some upgrades. can't remember what it says but it's the cartoon scientist with the test-tube. then i'll see a link here to a youtube.com video, click on it and it plays. then i'll go back to direct youtube.com and it'll still be under construction... i don't understand why that's the case.

thanks in advance!!

grizzly4life
03-02-2007, 08:51 PM
sorry, forgot that the former player area was added.

CyBorg
03-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Yeah - there also was a ton of Sampras matches on youtube.

All gone. You can thank Google for that.

s.sharm01
03-21-2007, 05:38 AM
huh. wat did google do to it?

grizzly4life
03-21-2007, 07:45 AM
google purchased youtube, and they've been taking the copyright issues more seriously.

i certainly respect the companies' rights to enforce their property rights... but i don't think it's smart in many cases. i think youtube is great advertising for different things as the quality isn't the best..... like i mentioned pat benatar, or i would have no idea on the rick james/dave chappelle skit without youtube, and now i may buy the season 2 tape (and good chance i would have before it was taken down)

grizzly4life
03-21-2007, 07:48 AM
at least federer-sampras from W is still there.... good stuff

pj80
03-21-2007, 12:04 PM
No their not...its still there. lots of sampras matches and highlights. So is edberg-becker. Just search for it

grizzly4life
03-21-2007, 07:59 PM
pj, alot of stuff was gone... check the original date..... seems like alot of stuff is back.