PDA

View Full Version : Babolat VS gut 17 VS Gamma Live Wire Pro 17

ian5
03-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Can anyone give me a compare/contrast on these 2 string?

Thanks

Match-Point
03-12-2004, 05:11 AM
Argueably the finest natural gut vs. one of the top 5 multifilament synthetics in a heavy weight match-up of epic proportions. The decision after this commercial break from our sponsor. . .

Babolat VS Gut wins in a knock out after 10 hours of play over the gut impostor, Gamma Live Wire Professional. It wasn't even close. [IMHO, of course.]

In all seriousness, VS is considered by most to be the finest gut on the market and used by more pros than any other gut. To my knowledge no top ranked pro uses Professional although it is a quality multi synthetic. VS gut will give better playability, control, durability and tension maintenance than Professional. If you can afford it, go with VS gut. Of course it comes with a cost . . . about $17 more! IMHO of course . . . M-P

TMB
03-24-2004, 07:10 AM
ian5, you may want to see my comments on these two strings in the Racquet section under "Babolat Pure Control Users: Your Setup." You'll see I much prefer the VS. I agree with Match-Point and will even reiterate his words; it's not even close.