PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Grunters ( Who has more annoying scream - Shreikapova or S.williams ) ?

larlarbd
03-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Serena Williams & Maria Sharapova both have really really LOUD grunts . Question is , who is Your view is the annoying one ?

Shahar26
03-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Serena Williams for sure :eek:

I don't get the point of having a multiple option poll when you have only 3 options with the last being BOTH :confused:

larlarbd
03-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Serena Williams for sure :eek:

I don't get the point of having a multiple option poll when you have only 3 options with the last being BOTH :confused:

My MISTAKE guys , did put multi-option , SORRY !!! Just wanted to make peaple see who voted what - Mistakenly checked on the Multi-Option box . ONLY VOTE ONE .

Thank You.

Forehand Forever
03-03-2007, 02:19 PM
both are equally annoying and both are equally fun to try and imitate.

larlarbd
03-03-2007, 02:24 PM
both are equally annoying and both are equally fun to try and imitate.

Yes , I'd definitely *TRY* Shreikapova some-night but imitate ? Well, I guess I might as well grunt *TRYING* her ................
lolz.

larlarbd
03-03-2007, 02:28 PM
I Personally think both - specially Shreaikapova - does that on purpose - as I have seen her go quiet when she is under pressure & getting hit ) .

I think both are BIG-BABIES , both act funny , they are like ->

Shreikapova: " My Ball , Give it to me - aaarrrraagggggghhhhhhh"

& Serena is like : "I fought with My Sis all my life - now I'm not gonna give it so easily , make me do it Bio*ch - uaaaarrrghhhhhh ".

nuf said . garrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh.

ilovecarlos
03-03-2007, 02:45 PM
I Personally think both - specially Shreaikapova - does that on purpose - as I have seen her go quiet when she is under pressure & getting hit ) .

I think both are BIG-BABIES , both act funny , they are like ->

Shreikapova: " My Ball , Give it me - aaarrrraagggggghhhhhhh"

& Serena is like : "I fought with My Sis all my life - now I'm not gonna give it so easily , make me do it Bio*ch - uaaaarrrghhhhhh ".

nuf said . garrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh.

Good commentary....they can both play without shrieking....and should be made to play without shrieking!!!!!!!

ne1410is
03-03-2007, 02:50 PM
yeah but the shrieking makes it entertaining. it adds to the emotional battle between the players. i think sharapova's shriek changes a lot. it goes from a coo, to a more guttural unnngh and sometimes goes silent. but none of them beats monica seles. or arantxa's two tone bored grunt. or the japanese players who used to grunt the same like someone was hurting them (more victim grunt than take-this grunt)

tintin
03-03-2007, 02:51 PM
both bug the hell out of me

larlarbd
03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
yeah but the shrieking makes it entertaining. it adds to the emotional battle between the players. i think sharapova's shriek changes a lot. it goes from a coo, to a more guttural unnngh and sometimes goes silent. but none of them beats monica seles. or arantxa's two tone bored grunt. or the japanese players who used to grunt the same like someone was hurting them (more victim grunt than take-this grunt)

Very Good Grunt Analysis !!!

10sfreak
03-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I find Serena's shrieking more annoying because I just don't like her, plus I find Sharapova totally HOT!

Shahar26
03-03-2007, 03:45 PM
I find Serena's shrieking more annoying because I just don't like her, plus I find Sharapova totally HOT!

Amen to that

ne1410is
03-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Very Good Grunt Analysis !!!

thank you! maybe there is a place to get a PhD in gruntology?

wildbill88AA
03-03-2007, 06:39 PM
who cares. change the channel.

ne1410is
03-03-2007, 06:50 PM
i guess we do that's why we're discussing it. it never ceases to amaze me that people who "don't care" will read through a thread and go through the trouble of posting only to express how emphatically they "don't care".

JohnS
03-03-2007, 07:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FnMkAZ5b9s

Serena and Sharapova?

How about Venus and Sharapova?!?!
LOUD
:sad:

Fedace
03-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh, Cmon, Maria 's scream is a real big turn on for alot of young guys, it makes me hot that is for sure, it is extremely sexy.

larlarbd
03-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Oh, Cmon, Maria 's scream is a real big turn on for alot of young guys, it makes me hot that is for sure, it is extremely sexy.

Ohh , Yeah , Give it to ME ........ earararrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh !!!

- That'll scare me .:mrgreen:

ne1410is
03-04-2007, 12:16 AM
lol most of the time its definitely not a sexual grunt. if it is, well i feel sorry for their multi millionaire neighbors.

RLFore
03-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Maria's grunts lowers her appeal for me, but she is still HOT
You think she's loud in the sac?

larlarbd
03-06-2007, 09:52 AM
serena has turned up the volume watching sharapova - I think.

DueSouth
03-06-2007, 10:06 AM
I find Shreikapova more annoying because its such a high pitched gets into your head shreik,whereas serena does kinda more of a grunt than a shreik

Slazenger
03-06-2007, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FnMkAZ5b9s

Serena and Sharapova?

How about Venus and Sharapova?!?!
LOUD
:sad:

:shock: at that Venus's Backhand up the line!

THUNDERVOLLEY
03-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Everything about Sharapova annoys me, so it will not be tough guessing which option I checked. :)

SamprasFOREVER
03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah , Nadal is as much annoying as those two. Serena is a power player ( grunts suit her IMO ) - but Nadal & shreaikapova is purely annoying . NADAL also wastes time on purpose .

N23
03-06-2007, 01:11 PM
What about the original screamer.. Seles?

GOD_BLESS_RAFA
03-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Sharapova Seles are the most annoying

I find Nadal and Aranxta Ok

I have not heard Serena yet

AgassiFan12
03-07-2007, 04:52 AM

Yeah, that's what I think too. I can tolerate Sharapova's because it makes me day dream of great things that could never happen with me and her.

caulcano
03-07-2007, 05:16 AM
I find Shreikapova more annoying because its such a high pitched gets into your head shreik,whereas serena does kinda more of a grunt than a shreik

totally agree. SHARA's more annoying.

Morrissey
03-07-2007, 05:42 AM
I voted for none. Grunting doesn´t bother me. Especially when Blondie is doing it, if anything it´s hot stuff. Schiavone has the funniest grunt ever. ¨Oooooo¨ She´s like an owl. But she grunts well after the ball was hit. She actually grunts once the ball hits the opponents racquet.

tennissavy
03-07-2007, 08:19 AM
The noise that Kuerten makes is the most annoying sound I have ever heard from any tennis player. Watching him a few days ago made me so happy that he lost his match. I can't tolerate that ******** sound he makes.

woody88
03-07-2007, 01:47 PM
how can you talk about grunting without talking about monica seles? she has one of the bigger grunts out there. but like the other poster stated, sharapova can certainly do without, while as seles could not do it, and that it affects her play, evidently in the Wimbledon final against Graf. It's a total game of sportsmanship from Sharopova on her grunt. She is the daughter of Yuri Sharapov, what do you expect?

ne1410is
03-07-2007, 01:50 PM
i think if you read the earlier posts, there always were people talking about seles.

i think jelena dokic has a weird "grunt" too. in person its much louder and therefore weirder. its like a loud exhale through lips and teeth. "whoosh!" it sounds low volume on tv so i never thought about it until i saw her play in person. that's why she makes that funny face i think, with her lips all thrust out.

tennissavy
03-07-2007, 02:11 PM
i think if you read the earlier posts, there always were people talking about seles.

i think jelena dokic has a weird "grunt" too. in person its much louder and therefore weirder. its like a loud exhale through lips and teeth. "whoosh!" it sounds low volume on tv so i never thought about it until i saw her play in person. that's why she makes that funny face i think, with her lips all thrust out.

It sounded just like a sneeze to me.

tennissavy
03-07-2007, 02:12 PM
how can you talk about grunting without talking about monica seles? she has one of the bigger grunts out there. but like the other poster stated, sharapova can certainly do without, while as seles could not do it, and that it affects her play, evidently in the Wimbledon final against Graf. It's a total game of sportsmanship from Sharopova on her grunt. She is the daughter of Yuri Sharapov, what do you expect?

Seles was not at all loud. Her grunts, on tv, are greatly amplified by the on-court microphones. I have seen her play live and you can barely hear her. Too much was made of it in her case.

mentalcase
03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
They are both annoying. Maria is a mixure of Venus and Serena, she's the third tennis playing Williams sister.

MHobbit
03-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Regular grunters are really annoying. Though, I don't recall Serena being particularly noisy this past Australian Open. (Maria was always grunting loudly, for sure.)

larlarbd
03-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggg gghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!
Thats my reply to their grunts.

larlarbd
03-11-2007, 08:16 PM
More Votes .

larlarbd
03-14-2007, 12:27 AM
un , dos , tres MARIA............... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

larlarbd
03-19-2007, 06:54 AM
I Like Huntchukova - but as she is copying Shreikapova's every move ( serve routine , bunny hop , unreliability ) - she may start shreiking as well.

LeftyServe
03-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Shahar Peer! Ugh!!