PDA

View Full Version : Is The Rivalry This Year Henin Vs Serena ?

wildbill88AA
03-03-2007, 07:37 PM
is serena and justine the rivalry this year in the wta? their about the same age, both former #1's, finally both healthy, and in there primes. should be entertaining if they play. i'll take justine.

Andrew
03-03-2007, 08:42 PM
I think Henin-Sharapova more than Henin-Serena...

Fedexeon
03-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Serena has been missing still winning her Aussie Open.

lorenza
03-03-2007, 08:52 PM
i wouldn't really say serena is in her prime right now. justine, sure, but serena, no...

wildbill88AA
03-03-2007, 09:59 PM
i wouldn't really say serena is in her prime right now. justine, sure, but serena, no...

well serena is mid 20's which is suppose to be her prime.

lorenza
03-03-2007, 10:05 PM
well serena is mid 20's which is suppose to be her prime.

yeah, i just meant she is not really playing like she is in her prime. seems to me like she played better a few years back

bluetrain4
03-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Australian Open win notwithstanding, I'm not convinced Serena will be focused enough to have a true rivalry JH. After the AO, she reverted to her partying ways.

Bones08
03-04-2007, 11:22 AM
iF IT ISN'T ON CLAY, THEN SERENA WINS EVERYTIME.

Topaz
03-04-2007, 12:49 PM

Not if she doesn't show up to play. Again, she's been MIA since the Aussie Open. I know both her and Venus think they can just show up at the big ones and play their way into match form, but with today's game I think that is a real risk.

See Bammer, Sybille.

Dolphina
03-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Well, up to the final at the AO she didn´t really play well, but then she showed some pretty good tennis again. I think the difference between her prime and now is still the movement, but that isn´t surprising as she´s been struggling with that knee injury for three years now and probably took it a bit easy in practice still.
But when she stays healthy, she can also improve that part of her game again and I think she´s eager too. I never really believed that she was out of the game for so long, because she wanted to party or what, she was simply injured, which was obvious each time you saw her on court, and I think her break now is also more due to physical problems,or maybe because she´s just practicing and preparing for the big hit, lol.

federerfanatic
03-04-2007, 01:52 PM

I agree. The sexy, classy, powerful, and athletic Serena Williams is too much for the game but undersized Henin Hardenne on anything but clay. Has Henin ever beaten a Williams outside of her beloved clay? I dont believe she has.

wildbill88AA
03-04-2007, 06:16 PM

well, we shall see in miami. i have a feeling if they don't play early they won't play at all. its definitely serenas turf in miami. if she goes out early it may be a telling sign for the rest of her year.