PDA

View Full Version : Shoes that slide

drhopz
03-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Most of my friends told me that they cant slide in tennis shoes. I was wondering if there are any tennis shoes that are slide friendly.

fgs
03-04-2007, 02:02 PM
drhopz,
my nblade soulbrother, you should not try to slide on hardcourts! for this is the quickest way to hospital!!!
if you are talking clay or dirt as it is sometimes referred to, than sliding is o.k., although i try to avoid it as much as possible, since my ankles don't like it so much. claycourt shoes have a different profile, which allows for sliding and basically almost every clay-court shoe will sport such a profile, but these won't slide on hard courts either, and you will surely be banned from grass-courts if you try to play with clay-court shoes.

drhopz
03-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Oh thanks. I usually slide to get those long balls. Thanks, i'll try to re-adjust my game. The tension at 55' is pretty decent for me, i just have to remember to take full swings. I'm slowly understanding my nblade.

fgs
03-04-2007, 03:02 PM
good to hear about your full swings - by the way, taking a full swing and having also a decent follow-through is the safest way to injury prevention.

Ronny
03-05-2007, 12:44 AM
i use barricade iv's and can slide extremely well on them(although everyone on my team can't for some reason)

Duzza
03-05-2007, 01:08 AM
Slide on hardcourt? We're not Monfils, I'd rather keep my life...

Ronny
03-05-2007, 04:45 AM
its not that dangerous...i have been doing it for the past yr and nothing has yet to happen

fgs
03-05-2007, 09:16 AM
ronny, it need not happen daily, it's enough to happen once to keep you for 6 months away from the courts. this sliding on hard courts also puts a lot of stress to the ligaments and i assume you'd like them to work properly for almost the entire rest of your life. it's your body, take care of it, otherwise you'll have a tough time trying to have fun.

jonajjs
03-05-2007, 11:04 AM
i use barricade iv's and can slide extremely well on them(although everyone on my team can't for some reason)

yah i also have barricades... they slide well on both hard and clay~!!:-D