95" head
27"
11.4 Oz
16x19
12 Pts Headlight
Stiffness: 63
Head grip shape
Strung with Prince Duraflex 18

I used to use the prestige classic and then switched to the Mspeed 98. I couldn't adjust my forehand to the Mspeed no matter how much I tried but with the vantage it's back on track.

Looks and feel:
The racquet looks very plain, but in a badass kind of way. This ain't no RDS in the flashiness category, but it's the more reserved "i'll let my racquet do the talking" look. For some (like me), that's a good thing. For others, maybe not. One thing is, the racquet will look good with any color overgrip/string because black and white go with everything! It feels very different from the Mspeed in that it's more solid and it seems like there's more dwell time when you hit the sweetspot. To me it feels like the prestige classic with more spin.

Groundstrokes:
Forehand is top notch. With 12 pts headlight, I can whip through the ball with confidence and still not get tired. However, it is too light for my backhand so I will be adding some lead to 3 and 9.

Volley:
Volleys at first felt less solid because it's 12 pts headlight. It's more manueverable but it torques more. I will be adding lead to 3 and 9 like on my other racquets and this should solve that problem.

Serves:
My serve is my biggest weapon and this racquet gives the same solid feel as the Prestige Classic with almost as much spin as the Mspeed. Overall, a good blend of spin and feel/solidness.

Overall:
It looks like I will have to order some more Vantage racquets. People who said these racquets are no-gimmick solid racquets were not kidding. I suggest you try them out for yourself. It does not feel tinny or stiff or have any of the diminishing qualities that some other modern racquets have. It keeps the forgiveness of a larger head size and the feel of a smaller head size racquet in one package.

BLiND
03-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Glad you like it, I agree with much of what you say.

gerrym40
03-10-2007, 09:16 PM
I have the same exact specs, except my rackets have the wilson handle shape. I have also added a bit of lead tape at the 3 and 9 o clock positions to increase stability and some extra little bit of power. Now the rackets play great. Exactly like a Prestige Classic 600 with more power and spin!!!:)

nViATi
03-10-2007, 11:24 PM
prestige copy vantages w/ 16x19 are the best :)

officerdibble
03-11-2007, 12:49 AM
My specs are a little different:
- 95 sq"
- 330g
- 63 RA
- 11pts head light
- 18 x 20 pattern

But I too agree with much of what you say. I haven't felt the need to add any lead to my frame, it plays wonderfully as it is - a wonderfully stable / solid feeling that (with my string set-up) allows me to take a real swing at the ball, or very effectively block any power that's hit at me.

The only bad part is needing more than one (and that's true for any racket you love if you play a lot). My third arrived last week (two days after I ordered it)!

Anton
03-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Hello, got my racquet and been hitting.

Specs:
95" head
27"
11.4 Oz
16x19
12 Pts Headlight
Stiffness: 63
Head grip shape
Strung with Prince Duraflex 18

wow seems like a lot of people choose these stats!

I ordered one like this as well, but with wilson grip

Do you still play with this frame? How did the lead work out?