PDA

View Full Version : wanted : wilson PROSTAFF MIDSIZE ST.VINCENT

Micheal Chan
03-08-2007, 03:07 AM
I am looking for PS85 St.vincent.
5/8 or 1/2 grip size and butcap code : BSQ, BZQ, BXQ...
http://pds39.cafe.daum.net/download.php?grpid=18dWN&fldid=9nfX&dataid=25&fileid=1&regdt=20070129175911&disk=4&grpcode=fsdgfsg&dncnt=N&.jpg

Azzurri
03-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Are you sure that pic is of a SV...it may be a Chicago version.

PrestigeClassic
03-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Looks like you're looking for a later St. Vincent.

The frame in the pic looks like fool's gold. The edges of the frame around the throat look too sharp. Also, St. Vincent frames didn't come with plastic on handle. And the current grip looks too narrow to be a typical Fairway that came on St. Vincent frames.

Micheal Chan
03-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Looks like you're looking for a later St. Vincent.

The frame in the pic looks like fool's gold. The edges of the frame around the throat look too sharp. Also, St. Vincent frames didn't come with plastic on handle. And the current grip looks too narrow to be a typical Fairway that came on St. Vincent frames.

Hi. You're verry exact! All you said is right. I'm looking for a later model. looks like you Know about this version verry well.
I wonder when was this later version made. And is there any way to get this frame now days?
my email adress : midsize85@hotmail.com

Micheal Chan
03-09-2007, 08:54 AM
What is the fool's gold?

PrestigeClassic
03-12-2007, 11:24 PM
I meant the frame in the picture doesn't look real, but I could be wrong if the pic is just grainy.

I'm not sure when the later version (no stickers inside throat) was made. TW put together a comprehensive St. Vincent story and there should be a link on the 6.0 85 page. Judging by how many later St. Vincent frames you see relative to all St. Vincent frames might give an idea as to for how long they were made. Maybe a couple of years at most?

Sorry, I only have an earlier St. Vincent (stickers inside throat) in L4 and a later St. Vincent in L3. Actually, this later St. Vincent of mine has "Midsize" on both sides, so it must have been made slightly before Wilson started with the "80/20 graphite/KevlarŪ" blurb on one side, as in your pic. So my frame must be an early later version :) Inside of the throat it still mentions PWS and lower/higher tensions.

PrestigeClassic
03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Are you sure that pic is of a SV...it may be a Chicago version.

It is not an Illinois model in the pic because the "80/20 Graphite/KevlarŪ" decal can be faintly seen on the one side if you know how it looks. Also, the throat grommets look closer to mid-to-late St. Vincent or any Taiwan than to Illinois or early St. Vincent.

Keifers
03-13-2007, 09:54 PM

Sorry, I only have an earlier St. Vincent (stickers inside throat) in L4 and a later St. Vincent in L3. Actually, this later St. Vincent of mine has "Midsize" on both sides, so it must have been made slightly before Wilson started with the "80/20 graphite/KevlarŪ" blurb on one side, as in your pic. So my frame must be an early later version :) Inside of the throat it still mentions PWS and lower/higher tensions.
PrestigeClassic,
Thanks for the very interesting information you've provided here. Would you mind posting the butt cap codes on your SVs?

Cheers.

PrestigeClassic
03-14-2007, 04:39 PM
PrestigeClassic,
Thanks for the very interesting information you've provided here. Would you mind posting the butt cap codes on your SVs?

Cheers.

Earlier St. Vincent (stickers inside throat (55-65)) = KYQ
Early late St. Vincent (permanent info inside throat) = KNQ
JK Staff (I think these were introduced later in St. Vincent manufacturing) = KRQ

Also have seen KSQ, KTQ, KXQ, AOQ, and many others I can't remember, along with B*Q, like the op mentioned. Not sure of any apparent pattern, but I think Wilson retains a fairly comprehensive list of butt cap codes with corresponding month and year of production and factory location.