PDA

View Full Version : TennisDC questions

R-Fed
03-10-2007, 05:28 PM
How does this league compare to the USTA leagues and what kind of prizes if any do you receive if you win a tournament?

magmasilk
03-11-2007, 11:14 AM
I played in a TennisDC league last year ... they are some institutional differences as their are no teams, you have schedule your own matches, most likely all outdoor matches, no prizes, etc

overall i think the talent competition for each level in TennisDC (i saw a few matches besides my own) was a drop lower relative to NOVA UTSA though it is hard to say for sure. it is also sometimes a pain to schedule and for DC players it is sometimes tuff to get a court.

overall not bad league, the admin is responsive, i think i may play in the doubles league this year.

d

TennisLeaguePlay
03-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the true comments. I do agree the leagues do tend to play a tad lower than the true levels. But, every season over 15% of the playing base is re-adjusted mid-season based upon results.

Plus, the playoffs are the ultimate equalizer. As all players with 5 wins qualify, but only the best survive. 1st of 8 leagues start Monday.