PDA

View Full Version : Persistant Wrist Injury

Laf
09-08-2004, 03:57 AM
For the past year now, I have been getting intense pain in my wrist when playing tennis, generally down the outside of the and also in the middle of the wrist bone, which hasnt been brought on by any physical contatc to the wrist.
I havent as much motion when lifting the wrist back( towards shoulder) as i do in my left wrist and when bending the wrist down, I get extreme pain inside the wrist again.
Ive been to physio's and doctors and had tretment on it but nothing seems to fix it, and just wondered if anybody has any ideas what could be wrong or experienced anything siilar? :cry:

unkast
09-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Could be a TFCC tear.

netman
09-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Has an x-ray ruled out a fracture? If so, does it get better with rest?

Laf
09-13-2004, 02:12 AM
Havent had an X-ray, for ive been told by my doc's that if i havent had a fall or direct collision to the wrist, they wont x-ray it, that's the helpfull english NHS working at it's best.

What is a TFCC tear?

netman
09-13-2004, 04:43 AM
Sounds like it might be time to experience a nasty fall onto your wrist while playing. Maybe diving for a volley. :D

Stress factures do develop in the wrist, as do cysts and other aggravating hard tissue problems. If you have ruled out a fracture or cyst, its probably soft tissue and my just need an extended time off to recover.

Laf
09-13-2004, 05:44 AM
"its probably soft tissue and my just need an extended time off to recover".

Maybe, but i studying tennis as part of my uni course and dont really have spare time to take a rest, and im also due to take the PTRuk coaching course in October which i have already had to pull out of due to my poxy wrist!